2019 World Series: Houston Astros vs. Washington Nationals

elfenix

6 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

This meltdown reminds me of the fucking 2011 World Series for Texas. 

I don't think it's anywhere near as painful unless your name is Gerrit Cole. The Astros won it all two years ago and the Rangers haven't sniffed a title since Cruz couldn't catch that ball hit by Freese.

Just now, Beau Vine said:

1926807_957235821038522_4060914922218985

Christ...Man that quote nails it for me too. Here's to pitchers and catchers reporting.

I was at opening day against the O's. Sat in a group of O's fans who came up from Baltimore to the Bronx. They knew their team was awful, but they came up anyhow. I can't believe the season is over. Can't wait to try and make it to more than the 37 games I attended this year. All you guys and gals here who love this sport, no matter your team, are pretty cool. 

5 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Biggest world series favorites to ever lose, ever

Houston was the original Choke City.  This year they Took It Back.  Biggest football choke ever, now biggest baseball series choke ever.  No pro sports playoff series had lost 6 in a row at home, this one had it happen every game.  The ultimate 7-series choke.  So poetic, so fate, so predictable for Houston.  We're back.

The city should be honest and change their symbol to Sisyphus.  But pushing floodwaters instead of a rock up a hill (the only hills in Houston are trash mounds.)

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

wonder if Trump will tweet congrats to the Nats after their fans embarrassed him on national television.

the answer is no, Trump will not send a tweet.  somebody will type out a very boring congrats on behalf of Trump and send it from his account.

Cloak Room....you should try it out