2019 World Series: Houston Astros vs. Washington Nationals

elfenix

33 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

The other flasher:

She seems nice:

Someone please inform them that the ban does not include DKR Memorial Stadium and they are very welcomed to attend any and all games.  They will garner far more attention at DKR as the product on the field is not worth looking at

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Pardon me, miss, would you please show me your tits? I need to confirm that you aren't the young lady who was banned after game 5 of the 2019 world series. 

exactly, and all women between 20-29 with decent bodies should be prepared to be screened at every ballpark.  we can't under any circumstances allow them to re-enter a ballpark

29 minutes ago, alphahorn said:

exactly, and all women between 20-29 with decent bodies should be prepared to be screened at every ballpark.  we can't under any circumstances allow them to re-enter a ballpark

Major pay cut but I've tendered my resignation this morning and put in an application for security at Astros games. Tough job but it's important to keep MLB safe. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Girdwood said:

Where’s Helobolabia at 

It blows my mind how offended you are at the fact that I have a problem with a domestic abuser. Please just keep negging all my posts like the pusstard you are and leave me alone. And please stop mailing me invites to your Ray Rice & Antonio Brown fanclub meetings.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

10 hours ago, Guadaloopy said:

Cole made the Scherzer story a moot point.  

Or postponed it.  As a lifelong Houston sports fan I'm not taking anything for granted and am a bit open to conspiracy theories at the moment.  If this was pre-2017 Houston sports*, the series would end like this:

JV loses a 2-hit, 1-0 Game Six from a 2-out, 2-strike, top of the 9th homer on his 91st pitch.  Then Scherzer wins g7 with 'The Bloody Neckbrace' game that makes every ESPN 'Greatest Moments in Sports' highlight reel for the next 2 decades.

Post-Lidge/Montana/Buffalo/86GreatestGameEverPlayed/NCState/Phillies/NextYearWeKickTheDoorIn Stress Disorder is real.

But 2017 happened so I'm cautiously optimistic.

Edited by clapclapclap
*Rockets get the Michael Jordanless Years asterisk, 60-61 Oilers were the inaugural years when the AFL was considered a minor league

On 10/27/2019 at 2:03 PM, Vic Mackey said:

Dallas is right there, too. I mean besides the Mavs in 2011, the Metroplex has been choke artists for about 2 decades now.

2006 wasn't a choke -- it was a straight up fix executed by the NBA refs,  If the Donaghy stuff had come out a year earlier, that would've ended differently.  

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Helobious said:

It blows my mind how offended you are at the fact that I have a problem with a domestic abuser. Please just keep negging all my posts like the pusstard you are and leave me alone. And please stop mailing me invites to your Ray Rice & Antonio Brown fanclub meetings.

will ferrell what an idiot GIF

• Like 1

13 hours ago, clapclapclap said:

Or postponed it.  As a lifelong Houston sports fan I'm not taking anything for granted and am a bit open to conspiracy theories at the moment.  If this was pre-2017 Houston sports*, the series would end like this:

JV loses a 2-hit, 1-0 Game Six from a 2-out, 2-strike, top of the 9th homer on his 91st pitch.  Then Scherzer wins g7 with 'The Bloody Neckbrace' game that makes every ESPN 'Greatest Moments in Sports' highlight reel for the next 2 decades.

Post-Lidge/Montana/Buffalo/86GreatestGameEverPlayed/NCState/Phillies/NextYearWeKickTheDoorIn Stress Disorder is real.

But 2017 happened so I'm cautiously optimistic.

Brian Ching and Dwayne DeRosario don't get any love?

14 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

2006 wasn't a choke -- it was a straight up fix executed by the NBA refs,  If the Donaghy stuff had come out a year earlier, that would've ended differently.  

you didn't like the DWade phantom foul fest the refs called?  It was historic, a fixer for the ages.  

Edited by Mdhorn
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mdhorn said:

you didn't like the DWade phantom foul fest the refs called?  It was historic, a fixer for the ages.  

Ehhh the Mavs did a lot of that to themselves. You don't lose 4 games in a row all because of refs. Plus, they were up 13 with 6 minutes to go in game 3. Had they held onto that game, it becomes 3-0. They then get blown off the court in game 4 and Miami tied the series. Then in game 5, Josh Howard calls the last timeout between free throws and now Dallas is out of them when it is like a 1 or 2pt game. Also, Dirk misses huge free throws down the stretch in game 5. Refs didn't help any but to pass off losing 4 straight to a team you dominated with ease after 2 games is letting Dallas off the hook from the players and coaches. Dallas never recovered after losing game 3 and it spiraled out of control. That easily should have been a sweep how they were playing for 2 games and 42 minutes of game 3. They melted down.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Mdhorn said:

I thought the more egregious stuff was in G3 when Dallas had about an 8 point lead with 3 minutes left and they just swallowed their whistles on rebounds. 

50 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Ehhh the Mavs did a lot of that to themselves. You don't lose 4 games in a row all because of refs. Plus, they were up 13 with 6 minutes to go in game 3. Had they held onto that game, it becomes 3-0. They then get blown off the court in game 4 and Miami tied the series. Then in game 5, Josh Howard calls the last timeout between free throws and now Dallas is out of them when it is like a 1 or 2pt game. Also, Dirk misses huge free throws down the stretch in game 5. Refs didn't help any but to pass off losing 4 straight to a team you dominated with ease after 2 games is letting Dallas off the hook from the players and coaches. Dallas never recovered after losing game 3 and it spiraled out of control. That easily should have been a sweep how they were playing for 2 games and 42 minutes of game 3. They melted down.

It totally disrupted any rhythm or flow the Mavs were trying to establish and allowed guys like Shaq and Zo to stay in games due to stoppages.  The Mavs were the quicker team but it really helped nullify some of that.  As did Mavs settling for jump shots but they were really kind of trying to avoid contact, especially when it wasn't in their favor. 

When Miami added Lebron, they tried to apply the Wade rules in the finals but this time, the refs didn't call flops.  Dallas played more aggressive but those non-calls were huge. I found it interesting when during the Olympics, early on Wade saw he wasn't going to get calls and stopped going to the ground.  

Just mho, but back to baseball. 

Edited by Mdhorn

55 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

You can say that, but they were going to get fucked regardless.  You forgot to mention the league office raising the Stackhouse foul from F1 to F2 and suspending him.  They were getting fucked whether they melted down or not. 

2 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

is this the year they announced the parade route with the 2-0 series lead and lost the series? is any other explanation needed???   

1 hour ago, Dennis Taylor said:

is this the year they announced the parade route with the 2-0 series lead and lost the series? is any other explanation needed???   

Indeed it was. Same as that Nats fan last week that was running wild on here talking shit and feeling invincible. These series sometimes take a drastic turn for the worse for your team. DFW sports fans know all about meltdowns. Rangers game 6 of WS, Mavs 2006, countless Cowboys failures and even throw the Stars in there.

4 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

The refs stole that series from Dallas.  Period.  I hate the argument that they could have won anyway despite the refs ducking them.   Well sure.   But the games should be called fairly.  I’m from Houston.  I don’t care about the Mavs.  But that series was a joke.  Some refs got paid.  

6 minutes ago, Helobious said:

This is on pace to be the least-watched World Series on record. Hate to see a regular season Sunday night NFL game dominate Game 5 of the world series, but it's where we're at. 

Not surprising. Fans of eliminated playoff teams often quit watching. This year, that includes our nation's two largest cities.