2019 World Series: Houston Astros vs. Washington Nationals

elfenix

7 minutes ago, elfenix said:

guess the nats will be lording it over us at spring training

And they should.  They deserve it. We wouldn't have gotten that luxury had we won though. The narrative would have been that we spied and stole signs during spring training. Bregman is an asshole for acting douchy when he does something well. Soto is just a young kid having fun even though he acts like an asshole almost every second he is on the field. 

25 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

Congrats friend. Next time stick around through the rough times too.  Helobious isn't someone to emulate. 

Attended a funeral of a friends mom and went across the country for a work conference the week of my 4 year old’s birthday. Next time I’ll make sure to get online more. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, clapclapclap said:

Houston was the original Choke City.  This year they Took It Back.  Biggest football choke ever, now biggest baseball series choke ever.  No pro sports playoff series had lost 6 in a row at home, this one had it happen every game.  The ultimate 7-series choke.  So poetic, so fate, so predictable for Houston.  We're back.

The city should be honest and change their symbol to Sisyphus.  But pushing floodwaters instead of a rock up a hill (the only hills in Houston are trash mounds.)

Disagree. Since starting 19-31, the Nats were as good as any team in baseball. The Astros being the biggest favorite in 15 or so years was a little over the top if you looked closer. Any team that can roll out Scherzer followed by Strasburg has a puncher's chance. The Astros were never able to take advantage of Washington's biggest weakness, which was supposed to be the bullpen.

4 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Disagree. Since starting 19-31, the Nats were as good as any team in baseball. The Astros being the biggest favorite in 15 or so years was a little over the top if you looked closer. Any team that can roll out Scherzer followed by Strasburg has a puncher's chance. The Astros were never able to take advantage of Washington's biggest weakness, which was supposed to be the bullpen.

Agreed, the Nats were shit hot entering the playoffs 18-2 last 20. And look at the 4 wins, Astros left how many runners on base? Up until the 7th it felt like the Astros were up 8-0, but the reality was only up by a couple swings. Great job by the Nats

5 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Attended a funeral of a friends mom and went across the country for a work conference the week of my 4 year old’s birthday. Next time I’ll make sure to get online more. 

Sorry about your friends mom, but you messed up with the excuse making.

I was at a work conference for game 1 and 2 of this series. Still posted here from a networking event during both games.  Hell, work conferences are less work than work and home life.  They were night games and you were at a hotel. The hooker wasn't sticking around that long. 

You should apologize to your 4 year old for missing his/her birthday though.  Work conferences mean nothing in the long run. I skyped my kid every day. Wouldn't have even gone if it overlapped with her birthday. 

And they should.  They deserve it. We wouldn't have gotten that luxury had we won though. The narrative would have been that we spied and stole signs during spring training. Bregman is an asshole for acting douchy when he does something well. Soto is just a young kid having fun even though he acts like an asshole almost every second he is on the field. 

And you traded for a dude that beat the shit out of his wife, and then an executive in your front office did that weird thing, and then your front office pretended that it was the female reporters who were at fault, but then later were like “my bad” and then that guy that beat the shit out of his wife sucked dicks in the deciding game and you lost.

That’s also a narrative.

• Like 2

Just now, irishtexan said:

And you traded for a dude that beat the shit out of his wife, and then an executive in your front office did that weird thing, and then your front office pretended that it was the female reporters who were at fault, but then later were like “my bad” and then that guy that beat the shit out of his wife sucked dicks in the deciding game and you lost.

Yeah and I hate Osuna too. Never wanted him.  Taubman can also fuck himself. 

Soto is still a dick. Just cuz other people suck doesn't make that less true. 

6 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

I was at a work conference for game 1 and 2 of this series. Still posted here from a networking event during both games.  Hell, work conferences are less work than work and home life.  They were night games and you were at a hotel. The hooker wasn't sticking around that long. 

You should apologize to your 4 year old for missing his/her birthday though.  Work conferences mean nothing in the long run. I skyped my kid every day. Wouldn't have even gone if it overlapped with her birthday. 

Tell me more about being a good dad. 🙄 I’m sorry I wasn’t online enough when your team won all 3 games in DC. I’m still going to enjoy this historic victory. Also you assume a lot and you’re shitty at baseball analysis. You’re basically the Astros version of Vic

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Tell me more about being a good dad. 🙄 I’m sorry I wasn’t online enough when your team won all 3 games in DC. I’m still going to enjoy this historic victory. Also you assume a lot and you’re shitty at baseball analysis. You’re basically the Astros version of Vic

What do I assume?  You went to a funeral and then skipped your kids bday to go to a work conference. Your words, not mine.  Why open yourself up to having your "dadness" judged?  

I'm not shitty at analysis at all. I expected y'all to win and you did. Astros haven't hit with RISP really since before the playoffs. Thought you would win one in DC though.  We could have had that discussion if you didn't run away.  I will look for you in the Nats thread next year if you're ready to follow your first full season of baseball. 

Edited by FondrenRoad

23 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

Yawn

11 minutes ago, spystud13 said:

For those unaware, Fondren argued for multiple pages on his own team’s thread that 4 days is NOT normal rest for an MLB SP. That says a mother fucking shit-ton about his “knowledge” of the sport. 

3 days. It was about 3 days rest.  You guys really suck at using this. You have yet to accurately line up a good insult with it. Seriously, I overreacted that day. And you've tried many times to make something out of it, but you fuck it up every time. 

You guys skip your kids bdays all you want. 

Edited by FondrenRoad

2 minutes ago, spystud13 said:

Start here for the proof of Fondren being fucking stupid. His own thread piled on for pages. 

Like I said. I overreacted. You still suck at this. I called the nats win. They won. I've been negative on the Astros the whole playoffs for good reason. 

Edited by FondrenRoad

3 days. Cole pitched on 3 days rest.

And here is Cole's game log... 

http://www.espn.com/mlb/player/gamelog/_/id/32081/gerrit-cole

Pitched on 10/5 

10/6 - off

10/7 - off

10/8 - off

10/9 - off

Pitched on 10/10 

Will someone PLEASE beat that through dumbshit's head that 4 days is fucking 4 days off? Jesus fuck, everyone knows how fucking stupid you are. 

Edited by spystud13
Fondren cannot count to 4.

Tell me more about being a good dad. I’m sorry I wasn’t online enough when your team won all 3 games in DC. I’m still going to enjoy this historic victory. Also you assume a lot and you’re shitty at baseball analysis. You’re basically the Astros version of Vic
You talk shit when your team wins. Disappear for all 3 losses and show back up when they win. How convenient of you
  • Like 1

Just now, spystud13 said:

And here is Cole's game log... 

http://www.espn.com/mlb/player/gamelog/_/id/32081/gerrit-cole

Pitched on 10/5 

10/6 - off

10/7 - off

10/8 - off

10/9 - off

Pitched on 10/10 

Will someone PLEASE beat that through dumbshit's head that 4 days is fucking 4 days off? Jesus fuck, everyone know how fucking stupid you are. 

I had thought it was 3 days. That's what the whole fucking thing was about. 

Did the Astros lose or not?

Did Pig bellmont make up a bs story about funerals and work conferences on kids bdays or not?

Nats won.  Congrats. I expected it.  You can celebrate by coming over here and sucking my dick since you're obsessed with me. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:
53 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:
Tell me more about being a good dad. emoji849.png I’m sorry I wasn’t online enough when your team won all 3 games in DC. I’m still going to enjoy this historic victory. Also you assume a lot and you’re shitty at baseball analysis. You’re basically the Astros version of Vic

You talk shit when your team wins. Disappear for all 3 losses and show back up when they win. How convenient of you

See this. It's like when aggy gets a win and suddenly they appear. 

Edited by FondrenRoad

Just now, spystud13 said:

And now you're talking shit about a funeral. Awesome. 

Real stand-up guy. Bet your thread can't wait to have you back. 

This thread isn't a Nationals thread, slugger. It's a series thread. This one is "mine" too. 

I don't know which of his excuses were bullshit. Don't care even. Just find it funny that he strung a bunch of excuses together because he felt like he needed to have one. 

4 minutes ago, spystud13 said:

You can't say this & pretend you understand the sport when I (& your own thread) have easily proven you wrong. 

You haven't proven anything. It was a heated moment. I missed the timeline.  Said it multiple times. 

The only proven thing is that you're obsessed with me. You coming by or what?

2 minutes ago, spystud13 said:

Enjoy your evening, Fondren. Hopefully you read this tomorrow morning sober & realize how awesome you looked. 

I'll realize then just like now that I  congratulated Pig and took a jab at him for running during the losses.  Then he made up excuses for running, which I also took a jab at.  He responded well to both jabs.

It was done, but then you came in to defend him like a white knight. So here we are. And I find that you've been obsessed with me for a while. I guess I should rescind that offer to suck my dick if youre going to be a stalker. Are there any other posters that you crawl back through 800 page threads for?  

51 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:
1 hour ago, Pig Bellmont said:
Tell me more about being a good dad. emoji849.png I’m sorry I wasn’t online enough when your team won all 3 games in DC. I’m still going to enjoy this historic victory. Also you assume a lot and you’re shitty at baseball analysis. You’re basically the Astros version of Vic

You say this like this is unexpected behavior from anyone...ever. Why would anyone who is the lone fan of a team come on here just to twist the knife even more. I feel like this is exactly what you would do, and there’s nothing wrong with that.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

6 hours ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Cry me a river...LOLz

You worked on your kid's birthday?  Oh the huge manatee!!!!!

You're a front running bitch.  Own it.

Edited by Iceman
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

4 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

You say this like this is unexpected behavior from anyone...ever. Why would anyone who is the lone fan of a team come on here just to twist the knife even more. I feel like this is exactly what you would do, and there’s nothing wrong with that.

Or you could come on and say something to the effect of, "Great series by the Astros.  Never thought it would go 7 games with the home team losing all of them. WE'll see ya in 2020.  Go Nats!"

Nah.  That'd be way too difficult.  We have fans across many, many fanbases on here, especially when it comes to pro sports.  They can talk some rivalrous banter, or they can be a frontrunning shitheel.  It stands out either way.

58 minutes ago, Iceman said:

Cry me a river...LOLz

You worked on your kid's birthday?  Oh the huge manatee!!!!!

You're a front running bitch.  Own it.

I was explaining why I wasn’t online over the weekend and missing your circle jerk. Some of us have lives outside the intertron. And if following a team for 13 years through 100 loss seasons and 3 disappointing playoff runs is front running, then call me a front runner. See y’all at the parade Saturday 

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1