2019 World Series: Houston Astros vs. Washington Nationals

elfenix

51 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

This is getting ridiculous.  As usual, the agenda driven media types always have to go too far and blow every little thing way out of proportion, out of context, playing constant gotcha games, if they ever place you on the evil side of their simple good/evil narrative.  Taubman was an idiot, the Astros messed up in initially believing him, then he was fired and they issued a correction and apology.  I've ripped Luhnow for signing Osuna, and he and the organization have taken justified criticism for over a year.  But now it's moving into Orange Team Bad territory with the media overkill.  They've got their simple villian and they will beat that horse well past death.  Gray areas not allowed. 

This was a press conference at the World Series, how many reporters were in the room?  Did he mingle with any beforehand?  Video from her own damn twit feed show him walking into the room and straight to the microphone and starts taking questions.  Based on what is reported so far, it is quite believable that he didn't have time to talk to her before it, or didn't recognize her in the room before the question was asked. 

And if he had singled her out for an apology during the press conference I bet a blue check would have rushed to twitter to condemn that.  "He just put her in such an awkward spotlight!  Hasn't she suffered enough?"

Looking forward to the next hurt feelings report, probably for the fireable offense of failing to immediately recognize that 1 person in a large room was wearing purple Domestic Violence socks.  I tried to find the press conference on twitter, and just got a bunch of "OMG, how dare he use the wrong adverb!  So offensive, what a horrid organization" type of bleating.  Doesn't seem to be actually giving a damn about stopping domestic violence, just a bunch of tribalism type of attacks.  Let's be honest, it's politics now, this is their game and how they play it.

Congrats to Ms. Mae for tossing another grenade in the media's righteous War on Whatever.

Edited by clapclapclap
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

Prostate cancer is actually light blue.  I only know this because a friend of mine who is a HS football coach organized a thing where all of the officials in the state used light blue flags instead of yellow for one weekend's games.  

Didn't MLB's father's day weekend uniforms use light blue for all the teams?

37 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Prostate cancer is actually light blue.  I only know this because a friend of mine who is a HS football coach organized a thing where all of the officials in the state used light blue flags instead of yellow for one weekend's games.  

Didn't MLB's father's day weekend uniforms use light blue for all the teams?

Prostate cancer should be brown.  Blue should be for testicular cancer.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Guadaloopy said:

They did this when they issued a statement that literally said “We were wrong.”  Asking for more than that seems churlish.   

1.  wWobqow.png

2.  If I'm a reporter who has been accused of fabricating a story, that's a big deal to my career. So I don't want a retraction to be "we were wrong." I want, "Beau Vine did not fabricate that story; it was 100% truthful."

3.  She has a pretty solid case to sue the shit out of him and the Astros.  If Crane has brains, he'll be on Luhnow's ass for this.  

Edited by Beau Vine
  • Like 1

I know I’m in the minority but I’ve definitely grown a little bit of an appreciation for joe buck. He was clearly rooting for the cardinals in the World Series vs the rangers but he grew up a cardinals fan. So I’ll give him a pass. He was trying to hide it but he couldn’t. He’s been on the pardon my take podcast a few times and he has a good sense of humor. Self deprecating humor.

also, knock on wood but this umpire has been fucking spot on in regards to the fox k-zone. 

Edited by youdunnf'dup

23 hours ago, Helobious said:

Pretty awesome to see all the headaches the Osuna signing is still causing the Astros org over a year later. You reap what you sow. Even I acknowledge the cosmic justice in Chapman losing a series for the yanks. 

you're such a fucking little cunt

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

I know I’m in the minority but I’ve definitely grown a little bit of an appreciation for joe buck. He was clearly rooting for the cardinals in the World Series vs the rangers but he grew up a cardinals fan. So I’ll give him a pass. He was trying to hide it but he couldn’t. He’s been on the pardon my take podcast a few times and he has a good sense of humor. Self deprecating humor.

also, knock on wood but this umpire has been fucking spot on in regards to the fox k-zone. 

Don't dislike Buck just think it's a bit oversaturation with him this week.  Surely Fox could've found someone else to do the football game last night.