2019 World Series: Houston Astros vs. Washington Nationals

elfenix

On 10/23/2019 at 10:46 PM, Helobious said:

Watching the Astros implode is a very minor consolation, but a consolation none the less I guess. Hopefully the Nats finish the job, would be cool to see a 1st time champion.

Lot of talk recently about how given the high number of tanking teams these days, winning 100 games isn’t some major barometer of true talent level like it used to be. The Twins won 103 and didn’t look like they belonged in the playoffs at all. The Yankees won over 100 despite major rotation flaws & piles of injuries, which both showed up in the postseason. Now the team with the best record in the sport is getting all they can handle from a wild card winner.

Hey douche bag, what happened to you self banning from the baseball board? Guess your word means shit

download.jpg

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Smax said:

Hey douche bag, what happened to you self banning from the baseball board? Guess your word means shit

download.jpg

I welcome him back and am glad he is on the Nationals bandwagon. He is good at angering the baseball gods so I say let him get them riled up.

Soto is a beast at the plate but surprised that more isn’t being made about him being a liability in LF. The throw home last was perhaps the worst throw in recent WS history. If it wasn’t for the net being home plate, the ball would have ended up in the 10th row.

and yes the Verlander throw into his own shin was bad but there wasn’t a realistic play at 1st. 

4 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Gamblers switched big time following the win last night.  Prior to the game, the Astros were +210 dogs for the entire series.  Now down to +100 or +105.  Even money. 

When we win tonight, I assume Astros will be back to -200 or so. 

yesterday, leading up to the game, the number went from -140, to -145, to -150 before first pitch.  had me feeling better about things.

i could see close to a pk right now.  if we somehow win tonight, all of a sudden it's a 3 game series with 2 in houston, and the one road game being a cole game.  the swing will be violent.

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:

This has the feeling like the Astros grab the momentum from last night and don't lose another game.

My thoughts exactly. I think this is more (or as much) about the fact that nationals were due to cool off. Hadn’t they won like 17 of their last 20 games before last night? Washington looked like they were pressing all night. 

Edited by youdunnf'dup
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

My thoughts exactly. I think this is more (or as much) about the fact that nationals were due to cool off. Hadn’t they won like 17 of their last 20 games before last night? Washington looked like they were pressing all night. 

Yep. Astros are still the better team. At some point, the horseshoe up the Nationals ass was going to fall out. Their best bet was to win this series at home. Even if they are up 3-2, they don't want to go back to Houston. I mean would they be able to beat Cole and Verlander both again.

8 minutes ago, clapclapclap said:

I think Houston goes down 3-1 and then wins out.

A loss tonight wouldn’t shock me, as game 4 was always going to be the weakest game for the Astros. The key will be our bats. I figure the Nats will get 4-6 runs tonight so how are the Astros going to respond at the plate.

8 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

This is what it feels like, but I’m not sure how to judge a series where the road team appears likely to win all of the first 4. 

I trust Houston much more than Washington. Their bats would eventually wake up and I don't expect Washington to rough up Verlander and Cole like they did again. This has to be utterly disappointing. Go up 2-0 in Houston and come home for these fans' first ever viewing of a World Series and they have shitted away the lead in embarrassing fashion. They look like the Texas Rangers at the plate in these 2 games so far in Washington. This was the game many pointed at as one you need to grab if you are Washington. And they turned in this pathetic performance. 

47 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

I'm not going back through 400 posts...but has it been suggested that Rendon looks like he is high as fuck all the time?

Maybe. A buddy I played baseball with was pretty much high in most games between 11th grade through Double-A ball. He was a pitcher so maybe not as common amongst infielders.