Texas opens as a 2.5 point underdog @ TCU

TexasMan

This line will draw a lot of money on Texas.

I wouldn't touch it.

On one hand, TCU has the defensive horses to frustrate the Texas offense at the LOS and in the back end. They also have a very strong ground game and after the past fewv weeks it's easy to envision TCU having zero problems getting Anderson to the edge. Delton will probably be utilized more than they gave given Texas's weakness against dual threat QBs. TCU was beating Texas at halftime last year and the difference in the game was a couple of gifts from Shawn Robinson.

On the other hand, their offense is so comically one dimensional that a game plan like the one Texas employed against OSU should be very successful. Sell out to stop the run, bracket Raegor, make the mediocre QBs and secondary WRs beat you. If Texas can execute steps 1 and 2 reasonably well TCU is fucked. Between turnovers/favorable field position/general defensive fatigue the Texas offense should be able to score plenty in that scenario.

TCU has not been a great matchup for Herman and I've viewed this game as one of the most likely potential pitfalls for Texas even before their play began to deteriorate over the past few weeks. That said, Texas has the tools to overwhelm them if they play sound football. That's a big if.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

12 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

This line will draw a lot of money on Texas.

I wouldn't touch it.

On one hand, TCU has the defensive horses to frustrate the Texas offense at the LOS and in the back end. They also have a very strong ground game and after the past fewv weeks it's easy to envision TCU having zero problems getting Anderson to the edge. Delton will probably be utilized more than they gave given Texas's weakness against dual threat QBs. TCU was beating Texas at halftime last year and the difference in the game was a couple of gifts from Shawn Robinson.

On the other hand, their offense is so comically one dimensional that a game plan like the one Texas employed against OSU should be very successful. Sell out to stop the run, bracket Raegor, make the mediocre QBs and secondary WRs beat you. If Texas can execute steps 1 and 2 reasonably well TCU is fucked. Between turnovers/favorable field position/general defensive fatigue the Texas offense should be able to score plenty in that scenario.

TCU has not been a great matchup for Herman and I've viewed this game as one of the most likely potential pitfalls for Texas even before their play began to deteriorate over the past few weeks. That said, Texas has the tools to overwhelm them if they play sound football. That's a big if.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I know nothing about TCU, but some dude named Carter Stanley just threw for 310/4/0 against us. 

Does the TCU QB have an arm? And by that I mean a series of bones connected to his shoulder with a hand at the end of them? If so, I’m going to assume they’ll throw up and down the field on us until proven otherwise.

Edited by DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt
  • Like 7
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

On one hand, TCU has the defensive horses to frustrate the Texas offense at the LOS and in the back end. They also have a very strong ground game and after the past fewv weeks it's easy to envision TCU having zero problems getting Anderson to the edge. Delton will probably be utilized more than they gave given Texas's weakness against dual threat QBs. 

Not sure if TCU even needs to use Delton at QB...

Edited by LTtxfan

13 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Both of these teams have gigantic and obvious flaws. Hard to tell which ones will determine the game.

We just did shitty versus shitty and our shitty lost. We let the worst offense in the conference come into DKR and put up 500 yards and nearly half a hundred.

Edited by DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt

13 minutes ago, The Dude said:

TCU usually fields a good defense. Not this year. They are terrible

Is it due to turnovers putting their defense in a bad position? They have one of the worst turnover margins sitting at 104th. They're 11th in total defense and 53rd in scoring.

Hope our offense stops trying to "control the ball" and starts trying to win the fucking game. Create momentum for the team with touchdowns. Sam only looked loose in a couple of drives and of course the game winning drive. I hope he's not still fucking hurt, but he needs to play like he did that last drive the whole game.

Hook em!

Sweat dick froggy fucks eat shit

I know it’s de rigeur to be down on Texas here, but I get the impression that a whole bunch of you guys haven’t watched TCU this season. 

They have shitty QB play and a shitty OL. They have trouble getting it to Reagor because he’s got weak help around him. Their defense sucks on a level within range of our own suckitude. 

If you watched the game against KSU on Saturday and you suddenly think Duggan is worth a fuck, you’re giving way to much credit to KSU. They stole a win in Starkville against an overrated MSU team, and they play tough, but they are really short on talent right now. If you read the box score of the TCU/KSU game and you’re deriving opinions from that, well, that’s not the full picture. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

I know it’s de rigeur to be down on Texas here, but I get the impression that a whole bunch of you guys haven’t watched TCU this season. 

They have shitty QB play and a shitty OL. 

It’s quite clear. Duggan is shitty. Anyone who doesn’t know that hasn’t watched TCU play. QB was their big question mark entering the season, and Duggan has been worse than they could have imagined. It wouldn’t shock me at all to see them start Delton (or somebody else altogether) to try and catch us off guard. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, futureman said:

this is easy money.  TCU is terrible.  we will win convincingly. 

We just played a team beyond terrible. A garbage one.  At home.  And won by the skin of our teeth.

So we're going on the road, and winning "convincingly' against Patterson?

Okay.

• Like 1