Texas opens as a 2.5 point underdog @ TCU

TexasMan

So what's defensive depth chart look like??

• 4i- Roach, Bimage, Chisolm
  • NT- Coburn , Ojomo
  • 4i - Graham , Sweat  
  • BLB- Ossai , Gbenda
  • Mac- Mitchell , Adeoye
  • LB- Vaughns 
  • CB- Cook,  Duvernay, Watson
  • CB- Jamison , Boyce
  • NB- Foster ,  Adimora
  • S- Estelle , Ramirez
  • S- Overshown, Owens

Edited by LTtxfan

1 hour ago, VaLonghorn99 said:

TCU is terrible. We will win unconvincingly.

I can see Patterson shooting his sweaty wad for this game as some type of season redemption, then losing out.

We better be better than the last 2 weeks but that is asking a lot...

Edited by El Squared

4 hours ago, Zavala said:

Hope our offense stops trying to "control the ball" and starts trying to win the fucking game. Create momentum for the team with touchdowns. Sam only looked loose in a couple of drives and of course the game winning drive. I hope he's not still fucking hurt, but he needs to play like he did that last drive the whole game.

Hook em!

Sweat dick froggy fucks eat shit

Controlling the ball keeps the defense off the field. Which, as you may have noticed, is not our strongest unit. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ClubWhatever said:

make them beat you trying to throw it to a double teamed Reagor from the pocket

please clarify the following .....

DB#1 is or is not allowed to:

use his arms

use his hands

look at the incoming pass

DB#2 is or is not allowed to:

use his arms

use his hands

look at the incoming pass

2 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

It’s quite clear. Duggan is shitty. Anyone who doesn’t know that hasn’t watched TCU play. QB was their big question mark entering the season, and Duggan has been worse than they could have imagined. It wouldn’t shock me at all to see them start Delton (or somebody else altogether) to try and catch us off guard. 

Duggan is fucking awful. I can't see him beating Texas. Yeah we can make fun of Kansas but their QB is miles ahead of Duggan.

9 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

• NT- Coburn , Ojomo
  • 4i - Graham , Sweat  
  • BLB- Ossai , Gbenda
  • Mac- Mitchell , Adeoye
  • LB- Vaughns 
  • CB- Jamison , Boyce
  • NB- Foster ,  Adimora
  • S- Estelle , Ramirez
  • S- Overshown, Owens

this is fine GIF

9 hours ago, hornian said:

Controlling the ball keeps the defense off the field. Which, as you may have noticed, is not our strongest unit. 

Scoring fucking touchdowns keeps and BUILDS momentum, and also scores points, which decides the outcome of the game. Getting stopped and giving Kansas as a whole confidence is bullshit. Once we get a lead we let them get back into it by trying to hold the ball instead of trying to score. What does blowU do when they get a lead? They KEEP SCORING and break the other team. 

If the defense sucks and every game is going to be a shootout, why the fuck are we conserving ammo?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zavala said:

Scoring fucking touchdowns keeps and BUILDS momentum, and also scores points, which decides the outcome of the game. Getting stopped and giving Kansas as a whole confidence is bullshit. Once we get a lead we let them get back into it by trying to hold the ball instead of trying to score. What does blowU do when they get a lead? They KEEP SCORING and break the other team. 

If the defense sucks and every game is going to be a shootout, why the fuck are we conserving ammo?

Texas is 8th in points per game. Controlling the ball doesn’t mean not scoring.

21 minutes ago, Big Frog II said:

We have no offense.  You could put your band in there and beat us.  If you score 40 you will win handily.  30 would most likely do it too.

Just you wait.  Whoever your QB is, and at least one of your starting skill guys (RB or WR), will have THE GAMES OF THEIR LIVES on Saturday.

We guarantee it.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Wally Pryor said:

We just played a team beyond terrible. A garbage one.  At home.  And won by the skin of our teeth.

So we're going on the road, and winning "convincingly' against Patterson?

Okay.

Beating KU by 2 sure made people cocky. Blind homerism or denial. Hard to say 

46 minutes ago, Big Frog II said:

We have no offense.  You could put your band in there and beat us.  If you score 40 you will win handily.  30 would most likely do it too.

Don't give Herman any ideas.....

At least our mutual suckage wasn't enough to relegate us to the 11am slot. 

5 minutes ago, hookem17 said:

TCU qb situation is really bad. Patterson can’t commit to Duggan or Delton because they both look lost most of the time. 

Well they’re in luck because we’ll make either or both of them look competent. If your offense needs confidence, we’ve got just the medicine.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

What’s your prediction?

I only ask @Tex Pete because you’ve spent a better part of a decade telling Texas fans they’re pussies for predicting a bad Texas team will lose the next week and to my knowledge have never put your nuts out on the table and made a prediction.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

• NT- Coburn , Ojomo
  • 4i - Graham , Sweat  
  • BLB- Ossai , Gbenda
  • Mac- Mitchell , Adeoye
  • LB- Vaughns 
  • CB- Jamison , Boyce
  • NB- Foster ,  Adimora
  • S- Estelle , Ramirez
  • S- Overshown, Owens

You are missing two DB’s expected back I think.

Also, David Gbenda played the majority of reps at LB vs KU, so I would imagine he will see the field.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Casual Encounter said:

Texas is 8th in points per game. Controlling the ball doesn’t mean not scoring.

Holy fuck we can go around in circles all day, what I'm saying is trying to play conservative on offense loses us the momentum then gets us in trouble in the game. Splash a deep ball to Eagles and score and you have the whole stadium rocking and the momentum. Limp down the field and go for it on 4th and 2 and don't get it and shits fucked.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zavala said:

Holy fuck we can go around in circles all day, what I'm saying is trying to play conservative on offense loses us the momentum then gets us in trouble in the game. Splash a deep ball to Eagles and score and you have the whole stadium rocking and the momentum. Limp down the field and go for it on 4th and 2 and don't get it and shits fucked.

Oh, Mr. Glue Hands is your answer. I got it.

Edited by Casual Encounter
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I know it’s de rigeur to be down on Texas here, but I get the impression that a whole bunch of you guys haven’t watched TCU this season. 

They have shitty QB play and a shitty OL. They have trouble getting it to Reagor because he’s got weak help around him. Their defense sucks on a level within range of our own suckitude. 

All of this.  Patterson can't shake the perception that he fields a good defense, even though he's spent the better part of the last decade trying to convince us otherwise.