Texas opens as a 2.5 point underdog @ TCU

TexasMan

1 hour ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

I only ask @Tex Pete because you’ve spent a better part of a decade telling Texas fans they’re pussies for predicting a bad Texas team will lose the next week and to my knowledge have never put your nuts out on the table and made a prediction.

Not sure why you're obsessed with me. It's weird.

6 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Not sure why you're obsessed with me. It's weird.

Don’t think I’ve even engaged you since the new site, but yeah your calling out people that have the audacity to think we’ll lose without ever making your own prediction has always irked me. 

But i hope to baby Jesus your prediction is right.

11 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Don’t think I’ve even engaged you since the new site, but yeah your calling out people that have the audacity to think we’ll lose without ever making your own prediction has always irked me. 

But i hope to baby Jesus your prediction is right.

This is at least the second time on this site that you've tagged me for something I have said sometime way in the past. I guess it's cool that you pay enough attention to remember. And I call out people when their whining is over the top.

I get being disgusted with the performances Saturday, last Saturday, and half of the WV game. We are awful on defense, but we still aren't losing 5 games(barring a bunch more injuries), and TCU will not demolish us. Carter Stanley is a much better QB than anything TCU will roll out there against us. And Kansas had the element of "surprise" with a new OC who hadn't called plays for them before Saturday. It doesn't excuse the terrible fundamentals of our D, and doesn't justify playing Kansas to the wire, but people need to calm down a bit.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Big Frog II said:

Our QB is a true freshman, our receivers think they are on Dancing with the Stars, our OC will be fired at the end of the season.  We have good running backs, but our play caller is clueless.  We are not a good this year.

This is what scares me the most. 

Texas can become bowl eligible with a win this week so we'll have that extra motivation on our side.

ps: sarcasm aside, I agree with Tex Pete

Edited by gecko

24 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Every time I think some of the people on this board are the dumbest part of the fanbase, Twitter appears and shows me there's so much lower we can go:

God, those unis are so fucking money. Just put the names on the back and they'd be perfect "modern" uniforms.

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, C-Man said:

God, those unis are so fucking money. 

Yeah, man just kinda... you know, those unis got these claws and they're staring at these claws and thinking,  "How am I supposed to kill this bunny, how am I supposed to kill this bunny?They're just kinda gently batting the bunny around, you know what I mean? And the bunny's scared, the bunny's scared of them, shivering.  And they got these fucking claws and these fangs, man! And they're looking at their claws and they're looking at the fangs. And they're thinking, you don't know what to do, man. "I don't know how to kill the bunny."  They don't know how to kill the bunny, do you know what I mean?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tex Pete said:

This is at least the second time on this site that you've tagged me for something I have said sometime way in the past. I guess it's cool that you pay enough attention to remember. And I call out people when their whining is over the top.

I get being disgusted with the performances Saturday, last Saturday, and half of the WV game. We are awful on defense, but we still aren't losing 5 games(barring a bunch more injuries), and TCU will not demolish us. Carter Stanley is a much better QB than anything TCU will roll out there against us. And Kansas had the element of "surprise" with a new OC who hadn't called plays for them before Saturday. It doesn't excuse the terrible fundamentals of our D, and doesn't justify playing Kansas to the wire, but people need to calm down a bit.

I just responded to a post you made...pretty common activity on a message board. 

and calm down a bit? you've lost your damned mind! i have to be even keel all day, professionally and in my personal life. losing my shit on this board help keep me sane and i'll be damned if you try and take that catharsis away from me! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, gecko said:

This is what scares me the most. 

Texas can become bowl eligible with a win this week so we'll have that extra motivation on our side.

ps: sarcasm aside, I agree with Tex Pete

The crazy thing is: just two seasons ago we were battling for bowl eligibility in late November, and just 3 seasons ago we didn't even make a bowl. Like much of the fan base, I'm still not completely satisfied with where we're at as a program, but those two stats put things into perspective a little bit.  

• Like 3

Btw.... FCB

https://247sports.com/college/texas/Article/Texas-Longhorns-football-five-things-to-know-about-TCU-137352809/

"Five things you need to know about TCU"

By CHIP BROWN     4 hours ago

AUSTIN, Texas — Here are five things you need to know about TCU heading into the Longhorns' (5-2, 3-1 Big 12) game against the Horned Frogs (3-3, 1-2) in Fort Worth Saturday at 2:30 pm CT on FOX.

No.1 … There has been tension between head coach Gary Patterson and offensive coordinator Sonny Cumbie this season.  Patterson doesn’t normally let his coordinators talk after games. But after TCU lost to SMU 41-38 in Game 3, Patterson had Cumbie speak to the media about TCU’s slow start offensively in the game (TCU was trailing SMU 31-17 at halftime).

No. 2 … TCU leads the Big 12 in run defense, giving up 100 yards per game on the ground, but is struggling to get a pass rush.  The Horned Frogs’ defensive ends - Shameik Blackshear, a graduate transfer from South Carolina, and redshirt freshman Ochaun Mathis - have combined for only 1.5 sacks this season while trying to replace ends L.J. Collier, a first-round NFL draft pick of the Seahawks, and Ben Banogu, a second-round pick of the Colts.  Texas and TCU are tied for second-to-last in the Big 12 in sacks (11) behind only Kansas State (8).

No. 3 … TCU’s Jalen Reagor leads the Big 12 in punt returns, averaging 19.3 yards per return with one touchdown (a 73-yarder in a 51-14 win against Kansas), but is not having the season expected as a receiver.  Reagor had 72 catches for 1,062 yards and nine touchdowns in 2018. Through six games this season, Reagor has only 23 catches for 271 yards and three touchdowns, putting him on pace to catch only 46 passes for 542 yards and six TDs.

No. 4 … While there have been growing pains on offense with true freshman quarterback Max Duggan (TCU ranks next-to-last in the Big 12 in passing offense), Duggan has yet to throw an interception in 142 pass attempts this season and is a true dual-threat.  Last week, in a 24-17 loss at Kansas State, Duggan ran for 115 yards on 13 carries, including a 46-yard TD run that tied the game 17-17 in the third quarter.

No. 5 … TCU, which is 1-2 in Big 12 play with a win against Kansas and back-to-back road losses at Iowa State and K-State, has yet to force a turnover in conference play.  TCU, usually a leader in turnover margin, is minus-3 this season, which ranks eighth (of 10) in the Big 12, ahead of only West Virginia (minus-4) and Oklahoma State (minus-9).

Edited by LTtxfan

29 minutes ago, Paper_jam said:

Those unis might look good if TCU installs some black lights at Amon G. Carter and turns the whole thing into a rave.

Then their players would really have a dilemma on their hands.   Expect a lot of 47 players on the field penalties.  

7 hours ago, Skipper said:

Seriously.  Of all the nonsense we've seen trotted out by Oregon and Oregon wannabees, these have to be the worst.  Absolutely horrid.

It’s like you gave your 16 yo kid a beater Civic and threw a $20 on his lap and told him to go down to Home Depot and buy a few cans of whatever color he dreams and paint away.

Or maybe it’s like a Fast and the Furious paint job imagined by a nine year old.