Texas opens as a 2.5 point underdog @ TCU

TexasMan

Our QB is a true freshman, our receivers think they are on Dancing with the Stars, our OC will be fired at the end of the season.  We have good running backs, but our play caller is clueless.  We are not a good this year.
If there was ever an example of a stoppable force meeting a movable object, this is it.
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

EHgEsEYX4AIpNQ6?format=jpg&name=4096x409

If we lose to a team dressed in this shit, we should give up all hope.

[intern] You remember those old Energizer batteries they sold with the little tester to check the battery level?  That was my inspiration for the trainers' sleeves.  I thought, it'd be nice to know how much energy the trainers have left as the game progresses. [intern]   

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, gernblansten said:

[intern] You remember those old Energizer batteries they sold with the little tester to check the battery level?  That was my inspiration for the trainers' sleeves.  I thought, it'd be nice to know how much energy the trainers have left as the game progresses. [intern]   

It’s hard work keeping Gary toweled 

6 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

I like those uniforms. If you can’t have a classic design, might as well go as far the other way as possible.

If you think shiny black, softer black, purple and red look good together (especially the shades on the helmet), you might be colorblind.

Their usual uniforms are actually pretty nice modern sets, especially the away whites:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTrKNKxJ1luiK7vXjLaWjt

TCU-horned.jpg?resize=640,343

wonder where the fuck these guys have been all season.  

Yeah, 3 TD's to Duvernay, 2 TDs to Jake, 2 TDs for Sam, One for RoJo... plus  a couple of FGs from The Kicker. Then the 3-8 Cloud pulls off a goal line stand to preserve the win, 62-56. 

Profit.

Edited by Tex Long
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tex Long said:

Yeah, 3 TD's to Duvernay, 2 TDs to Jake, 2 TDs for Sam, One for RoJo... plus  a couple of FGs from The Kicker. Then the 3-8 Cloud pulls off a goal line stand to preserve the win, 62-56. 

Profit.

More points than our basketball team will score against TCU.

• Like 1

From the twitter world via Anwar:

Texas sophomore receiver Brennan Eagles has missed an undisclosed amount of practices this week for personal reasons, according to multiple sources. As of Thursday morning, it is unclear if Eagles will travel to face TCU on Saturday.

3 minutes ago, jdhorn92 said:

From the twitter world via Anwar:

Texas sophomore receiver Brennan Eagles has missed an undisclosed amount of practices this week for personal reasons, according to multiple sources. As of Thursday morning, it is unclear if Eagles will travel to face TCU on Saturday.

He just had trouble fighting off the door that was jamming him.  Couldn't get the separation needed to get to practice.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BigHorn'13 said:

Damn that's pretty spot on for color scheme^^

It amazes me that the fanbase is still overlooking opponents. Kinda crazy how buried this thread is given the circumstances. 

Yeah we are so sure the entire program is a failure and we should fire everybody. We don't really care much about our opponents at this point.

On 10/23/2019 at 7:10 AM, TexasMan said:

Checking the line this morning:

Texas -1

O/U 59

I'm taking the over. 

8 hours ago, mdleast said:

cc1882f617b464655c525e598f20bb74.jpg

this needs more rep. 

6 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

Unable to locate single fuck to give about this game or any others on the schedule....

go fuck yourself you fairweather pansy. 

• Like 1

So is Fatterson lying about player availability just like "stinkin' lincoln" did with his OT's??

"Van Zandt out; Harris could get second start for TCU at LB"

ByJEREMY CLARK Oct 22, 2019

TCU sophomore linebacker LaKendrick Van Zandt will not play against Texas this week, head coach Gary Patterson confirmed on Monday. It will be the second consecutive game he has missed after making three starts in the Frogs first five games.  Patterson hoped to have Van Zandt back in time to face an explosive Texas offense. Van Zandt had collected 11 tackles so far this season.

With Van Zandt out, that means true freshman Wyatt Harris could potentially get his second consecutive start. Last week against Kansas State, Harris finished with five tackles, two tackles for loss and a sack. His tackle total was good enough for second best in the game.  Patterson says Harris could get his second start but wouldn’t give 100% confirmation if the Aledo product would see the field first. Another option is fellow true freshman Dee Winters, who has two starts under his belt this year.  “If they’re all healthy, but he’ll be, different type of ballgame so we’ll see how that all goes,” Patterson said.

The defensive-minded coach likes the way Harris is able to react to plays and makes plays in the open field. He felt after weeks of good practices, it was time to see what he could do in a game situation.  “He processes fast and he’s a good tackler,” Patterson said of Harris. “With LaKendrick out we felt like the other young linebackers had kind of hit a wall as far as playing. They’re all going to be good players but the bottom line is he just processes better.”  So how did he feel the freshman did in his first start?  “He did okay for a freshman. We have to keep on going,” Patterson said. “I wouldn’t rate myself 100 either.”

In addition to Harris, two more true freshmen saw extensive playing time last week against Kansas State; cornerbacks Keeyon Stewart and Trevius Hodges-Tomlinson. Senior corner Julius Lewis was banged up a little against the Wildcats but is expected to be on the field against the Longhorns on Saturday. Nonetheless, Patterson says his two young corners will continue to see the field.  Stewart actually started the first three games of the season for an injured Lewis before he was injured himself.  “Those guys came back. Keeyon came back, they’re going to keep getting reps. They’re young and they’re good players," Patterson said. 

On offense Taye Barber returned to the field and had his best game of the season with 4 catches for 37 yards. Sophomore receiver Mikel Barkley, who drew a ton of praise from Patterson during fall camp has also been cleared to play. He made the trip to Kansas State last week but did not get any game action. 

https://247sports.com/college/tcu/Article/Van-Zandt-out-Harris-second-start-TCU-linebacker-137372101/

8 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

You forgot Texas doesn't believe in actually covering wide receivers.

This is going to be a painfully bad game, on both sides of the ball.

Edit - to be clear, both teams will probably play like shit and whoever fucks themselves the least will come out victorious.

While looking like shit doing it.

Just locked in my score of 38-35 Texas. While I share a somewhat cynical view such as yourself, I'm still hoping that the defense is able to get just enough stops. I'm also hopeful that with all the circus going on with a TOP 10 OFFENSE (ASSHOLE)!!1 this week that we put up more than my prediction. 

I just think that it's going to be closer than the "quit being a pussy" crowd thinks. I'll continue to think like this until Herman can prove to have a steady baseline as a team. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

While I don't think that score is a terrible prediction, I sadly don't think 10-13 is unrealistic either. That's the hitch, this fucking team is all over the place.

I have too much respect for the defense TCU has historical fielded under Patterson to want any part of the over.

Fuck that sweaty turd.  Texas rolls.

9538266219_a28f6faef2_o.gif

• Like 1

Texas needs a fast start in 1st quarter, or else TCU will play tough against Texas tomorrow.  Lots of folks believe TCU will run early in the Texas game, but I expect the horny toads to throw early and then run the ball late when the Horns defense is fatigued in the 4th quarter.

The Horns film against Kansas gives any team in the B12 a belief that Texas is beatable.  

31 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

While I don't think that score is a terrible prediction, I sadly don't think 10-13 is unrealistic either. That's the hitch, this fucking team is all over the place.

Where is your evidence they are all over the place? Each game has been pretty similar this season.