Jake Smith Fumble/Brewer Recovery

GreenspointTexas

The only explanation I could see was that the KU guy got to the ball first and had a hand on it, then Brewer got there and grabbed it and twisted away but the KU defender still had his hand on the ball, so they ruled he had possession before Brewer.

KU guy had it, Brewer wrestled it away, then KU wrestled it back after the fact. Probably should've been Texas ball, but KU did end up with it last. I've always thought they should award it to whatever team can emerge from the pile and hand the ball to the ref. Would be brutal a lot of the time but it would take all the guesswork out. 

Worth noting that Smith get fucking popped on that play. Ball security could've been better but there wasn't a whole lot else he could do there. You're not in Arizona private school ball anymore son. 

Edited by Helobious

46 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

I could see it either way, was confused though as it appeared the ref tapped Brewer on the back as if indicating to the other refs that this was the guy who recovered

21 minutes ago, Helobious said:

KU guy had it, Brewer wrestled it away, then KU wrestled it back after the fact. Probably should've been Texas ball, but KU did end up with it last. I've always thought they should award it to whatever team can emerge from the pile and hand the ball to the ref. Would be brutal a lot of the time but it would take all the guesswork out. 

Worth noting that Smith get fucking popped on that play. Ball security could've been better but there wasn't a whole lot else he could do there. You're not in Arizona private school ball anymore son. 

These are both wrong. Ku guy got a hand on it when Brewer took it into possession. A ref came in from ku sideline e yelling “white ball” And somehow they do not overturn it.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, GreenspointTexas said:

This is what i saw

exactly.  the KU guy never had, even remotely, full control of the ball.  Brewer took it, had full control, and then was down by contact. the big 12 booth review refs are horrible.  no reviews on the helmet to helmets in the OU game.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Texasrocks said:

The replay was weird - I couldn't see the ball at all. They weren't going to overturn that no matter what the original call was.

The best view was obscured by a player moving through the line of sight at exactly the wrong time. A ref (?) blocked the view from another angle. Frustrating as hell because you could tell Brewer was securing it.