Javonne Shepherd is in the portal

texifornia

Just now, txhorns said:

We all knew he was a flake before he signed.  This should surprise no one.

He seemed like he'd gotten into really good shape and was jawing at the OU players with some heat, so he seemed like he might have bought in.

Too bad, there's a talent hidden in the flakiness.

1 minute ago, texifornia said:

He seemed like he'd gotten into really good shape and was jawing at the OU players with some heat, so he seemed like he might have bought in.

Too bad, there's a talent hidden in the flakiness.

I thought with the trainer hyping his hard work and giving props to Yancy that maybe he would stick around at least a season or two. 

1 minute ago, NoName said:

he is in the portal. it's rare that you come back after that...

I wasn't specific enough. Just adding it as a frame of reference in trying to interpret his tweets. Also I wasn't sure if the social media "ban" had been stuck with 100%.

5 minutes ago, Gardner Barnes said:

Gonna piss me off a bit when he lands at aggy. FWK doing work. 

if he lands there, someone associated with the Texas program or university should absolutely, totally and completely rake them and FWK over the fucking coals for it.

• Like 2

Just now, texifornia said:

You'd have to do the same thing with every team's class. Everybody has injuries and attrition.

Also are you seriously blaming the staff for Brown and Floyd? Fucking LOL.

No, I'm saying the problems with depth at a number of positions are going to be troublesome because, for whatever reason, they aren't being addressed through recruiting. Sumlin's highest ranked class had 32 members in it and of the members in that class, more served time in prison than saw meaningful playing time on the field.

Having a recruiting class fall apart less than a year after signing day foretells depth problems in the near future.

I'm surprised I'm having to explain the basics of roster management to you, but at least now you know.

Delete McCoy, Brown, Floyd, and now Shepherd form the 2019 rankings (to reflect players from the class that might actually contribute) and the 2019 class drops to 13th.
All in all, recruiting isn't looking to be one of Tom Herman's strong suits.

Shockingly uninformed, terrible post.
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Randolph Duke said:

No, I'm saying the problems with depth at a number of positions are going to be troublesome because, for whatever reason, they aren't being addressed through recruiting. Sumlin's highest ranked class had 32 members in it and of the members in that class, more served time in prison than saw meaningful playing time on the field.

Having a recruiting class fall apart less than a year after signing day foretells depth problems in the near future.

I'm surprised I'm having to explain the basics of roster management to you, but at least now you know.

I thought there was optimism on both Brown and Floyd being able to play again?

5 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

So you’re doubling down? Other than The two non-injury guys (who are stilll on the team) are a WR and a project OL. We are more than fine at both of those positions.

Edited by justhookit

Just now, Red Five said:

Shockingly uninformed, terrible post.

So you think losing Brown won't have any effect on RB depth moving forward? Or that UT'd LB corps will be the same with Floyd never setting foot on the turf.

You are seemingly living in a world where losing top recruits halfway through what would be there freshman season has no effects on roster depth.

I don't care why they aren't ever going to play for the team, I am just saying that after all is said and done, there are emerging holes in the UT roster that will probably remain for the future. And you end up with holes because of issues related to recruiting. It isn't just "bad luck."

• Fuck You 5