Javonne Shepherd is in the portal

texifornia

4 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Where's that coming from? He seemed to only commit and stick, no?

He played the game before committing.  Then after committing, apparently he was still all over the map.  That a freshman playing behind a future high NFL draft pick is waffling is just another indication.  

4 minutes ago, Doc Reeves said:

I for one think RD is a state treasure and while all your criticisms may have their place, it will be a sad, sad day when RDs war against aggy comes to an end.  

keep fighting the good fight, RD

Lol. I have no "war against aggy."

I simply believe the state of Texas deserves better than Texas A&M.

And I stand by my comments of yesterday that the quality of a recruiting class is not properly determined on signing day, but rather after the members of the class have passed through the program and their contributions to the program can be considered. A highly rated recruit may look good on signing day, but if there are a known grade risk or character risk before signing day and fail to ever see the field, was it smart for the coach to have given them a scholarship?

Recruiting is far more than having the most recruiting points on signing day.

Considering how the 2019 recruiting class is panning out so far, it doesn't look as if the class will be remembered as one of the better classes. And that should raise concerns moving forward. We don't seem to be ready to surpass OU as the premier program in the conference, and other programs (such as Baylor) are making material improvements.

Tom Herman should be able to field enough talent at this point in time so that Texas wasn't an underdog to TCU. That individuals are willing to accept millions in wagers on a Texas +2.5 line against TCU is a stinging slap in the face to Tom Herman and reflects poorly on how he is managing the program.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Where's that coming from? He seemed to only commit and stick, no?

No, he was a flake start to finish. There was everything but a public decommit involved. 

The funny thing is that, if the rumors are true and he is joining up with Demas, he’s being woo’d by a recruit who has never even experienced campus life of any sort either. It would be like listening to NorLa Horns woo you on the virtues of sobriety, why the fuck would I listen to someone who has no experience on the matter at hand? 

3 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

No, he was a flake start to finish. There was everything but a public decommit involved. 

The funny thing is that, if the rumors are true and he is joining up with Demas, he’s being woo’d by a recruit who has never even experienced campus life of any sort either. It would be like listening to NorLa Horns woo you on the virtues of sobriety, why the fuck would I listen to someone who has no experience on the matter at hand? 

Which also assumes Demas steps foot on campus - which at this point, is not a given 

25 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

And I stand by my comments of yesterday that the quality of a recruiting class is not properly determined on signing day, but rather after the members of the class have passed through the program and their contributions to the program can be considered. 

Why are you already judging the class of 2019 when this is your purported criteria? 

25 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

And I stand by my comments of yesterday that the quality of a recruiting class is not properly determined on signing day, but rather after the members of the class have passed through the program and their contributions to the program can be considered.

26 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

Considering how the 2019 recruiting class is panning out so far, it doesn't look as if the class will be remembered as one of the better classes. 

Panning out so far? They're still true freshman, and one of them is our best healthy running back by far already. Trying to judge a class 6-7 games in when a huge chunk of it hasn't played yet is idiocy. And like I said the transfer portal works both ways so nothing is stopping Herman from poaching another top program's impatient sophomore or junior tackle a year or two down the road. 

30 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

Tom Herman should be able to field enough talent at this point in time so that Texas wasn't an underdog to TCU. That individuals are willing to accept millions in wagers on a Texas +2.5 line against TCU is a stinging slap in the face to Tom Herman and reflects poorly on how he is managing the program.

You're evaluating coaches based on betting lines? 

The dude won double digits games and scored an upset in the sugar bowl in his 2nd year and this season is 5-2 with both losses coming to the #2 and #5 ranked teams in the country. Settle down and let things play out before going on a lynching tirade. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

So you're saying that his actions are not entirely grounded in logical reasoning and a sound decision-making process?

giphy.gif?cid=790b76112ab9d4453c5cedb080

4 minutes ago, texifornia said:

You did this on two separate threads for an unsourced 247 post?

Ground his ass, interim ‘bot!

17 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Didn't want to start another thread, but what's up with the rumors on 247 about Smith could be hitting the portal?

Seriously, you decided to drop this on the football board and thought you were going to get an informed, measured response? some men just want to watch the world burn, is that it? 

Take it for what is worth but Lotus Horn is saying that personal issues have been weighing on Shepherd and the staff has tried to help him but at the end of the day, he is not able to overcome it and is simply looking for a fresh start somewhere else.  Maybe girl issue?  Who knows...

19 minutes ago, westexhorn said:

Take it for what is worth but Lotus Horn is saying that personal issues have been weighing on Shepherd and the staff has tried to help him but at the end of the day, he is not able to overcome it and is simply looking for a fresh start somewhere else. 

When he got here, too many Twinkies were weighing on him. Have fun with Demas, bud.

1 hour ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Didn't want to start another thread, but what's up with the rumors on 247 about Smith could be hitting the portal?

so we’re losing smith and shepherd in the same week.  this is what happens when you lose to OU and then suffer a moral loss to kansas in consecutive weeks.  herman shitting the bed. 

No, he should have planned for sufficient depth at a key position that if one didn't work out, the program wouldn't be set back significantly.

You mean like taking another RB in the same class in addition to Ingram and Young on the roster? Won't count Johnson die to injury history but also worth noting in that he counts against numbers. One not working out didn't put Texas in the situation it was in earlier this year. Injuries to all four active scholarship RBs did.

I'm far from a Herman fan boy and even I'm puzzled as to why you want to die on this idiotic hill. We all go overboard with a shittu take now and then but you're really riding this one out.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, westexhorn said:

Take it for what is worth but Lotus Horn...

So, take it for absolutely, demonstrably nothing grounded on any sort of concrete information whatsoever? And then promptly disregarding said "inside information" as utterly fabricated and completely worthless? 

Done and done.

Edited by campcrunk

23 hours ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Take your true freshman bitchass elsewhere then.  Fucking kids don’t wanna work for anything. You’re not starting over anyone currently on the line 

Perfect example of young people today... spoiled ass, entitled bitches.  Screw him and all those gutless bastards like him.

2 hours ago, westexhorn said:

Take it for what is worth but Lotus Horn is saying that personal issues have been weighing on Shepherd and the staff has tried to help him but at the end of the day, he is not able to overcome it and is simply looking for a fresh start somewhere else.  Maybe girl issue?  Who knows...

This is where you lost me.

3 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

I haven't seen this confirmed anywhere on 247 or any other sites, but can anyone tell me anything about the rumors that Tom Herman is entering negotiations with Azazel to either improve our defensive performance, or else to provide a scapegoat for lack thereof?

Hey if it's his soul and not mine, go forth and make some deals Tom.

wonder if they might put some kind of qualifier that you have to be a student in good academic standing at your current school to enter the portal and you can't enter the portal until after your first semester is complete.
That's a quaint notion thinking the NCAA truly gives a shit about academics. The only reason they make qualifying out of HS somewhat difficult for some is so they have a lower chance of exposing that fact later on..

On 10/21/2019 at 10:07 PM, closetojumping said:

This is just one man’s opinion, but you guys are some crazy motherfuckers coming at RandolphDuke like this. You are fucking moments away from seeing him petition the state legislature to have you formally removed from the University of Texas in every possible way. He’ll have you scrubbed from the alumni database. He’s going to have your transcripts removed and disappeared, like Matt Damon in The Departed. He’s going to petition to have immamac remove each of you from the Surly system. He’ll have you censured by the governor himself.

The state of Texas deserves better than The Posters United Against Randolph Duke On Surly. 

And we shall hear the lamentations of their sheep.

20 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Losing Shepherd after less than a year is probably better than having him stay around for a 2nd or 3rd year if he were to  remain unhappy,  unproductive, and possibly creating descension in the locker room.

Or more simply, now he won't waste a scholarship for another year or two.  Sign another tackle this cycle.  

I also wonder what bullshit explanation he will give when he requests a waiver to be immediately eligible.  (Was herb too mean to him?)

23 hours ago, ousux said:
On 10/21/2019 at 5:31 PM, dcar00 said:
wonder if they might put some kind of qualifier that you have to be a student in good academic standing at your current school to enter the portal and you can't enter the portal until after your first semester is complete.

That's a quaint notion thinking the NCAA truly gives a shit about academics. The only reason they make qualifying out of HS somewhat difficult for some is so they have a lower chance of exposing that fact later on..

I didn't say they care about academics.  only as a way to slow the portal madness.  

On 10/23/2019 at 11:27 AM, dingleberryswitzer said:

Or more simply, now he won't waste a scholarship for another year or two.  Sign another tackle this cycle.  

I also wonder what bullshit explanation he will give when he requests a waiver to be immediately eligible.  (Was herb too mean to him?)

gonna need to come up with a relative that has an "illness".

On 10/23/2019 at 11:27 AM, dingleberryswitzer said:

NCAA has kind of shut that down / changed it now, right? IIRC they made a change part way through this offseason on it

Edited by NoName