Javonne Shepherd is in the portal

texifornia

• 1 month later...

Man... Someone close to him needs to get his fucking mind right. If he stays, he needs to stfu and let his play do all the talking. Be a sponge and absorb everything being taught. Don't take it personally when someone gets on him. They're literally telling you they care enough to point out you could improve. 

This is the best possible place for him. It's sad his circle isn't pushing him to realize it. 

2 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

I think our offensive line is getting a bad rap. They weren't world beaters but it's not easy when you're blocking the exact same run play 25 times per game and the defense knows where the ball is going. 

I think we’re just so used to blaming the OL at this point that it’s a combination of habit and seeing things in those terms. 

3 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

I think our offensive line is getting a bad rap. They weren't world beaters but it's not easy when you're blocking the exact same run play 25 times per game and the defense knows where the ball is going. 

Most of the Big XII offenses are geared towards making their OLs look better. Herman managed to make his look significantly worse than it was, aside from the few games where he decided to put in a creative gameplan. 

2 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

INSIDE ZONE!! AGAIN!! WE'RE PHYSICAL GOT DAMMIT!!! SIT DOWN DANIEL YOUNG! OUR FRAGILE BACK AND CONVERTED FRESHMAN QB GOT THIS!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

when your 5 can't block 3 (see Baylor) then your bad rap is earned. 

Just now, B00M said:

INSIDE ZONE!! AGAIN!! WE'RE PHYSICAL GOT DAMMIT!!! SIT DOWN DANIEL YOUNG! OUR FRAGILE BACK AND CONVERTED FRESHMAN QB GOT THIS!

If nothing else, that converted Freshman was a fucking beast all things considered.  He should see the field as much as possible, IMHO, in some form or fashion whether RB, WR, QB going forward.  Does he have any brothers, cousins,  to recruit?  Clone ROJO's attitude to everyone on the team and it would be a better team immediately.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Fud said:

Has anyone anywhere confirmed this Shepherd thing? A friend looked last night after the post on OBs, including on his Instagram story, and didn't see anything like what's been mentioned 

I believe that it’s because it’s on Instagram live which doesn’t save on their profile 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Red Five said:

This guy is gonna be in and out of the portal like it’s South Austin’s mom. I sure hope we never put ourselves in a position where we’re counting on him to be our left tackle or anything.

I'm going to disagree.  I think if he decides to stay that it shows a hell of a lot of maturity on his part. It would be pretty humbling for him to pull out of the portal and stay at this point.  I think if he does that he has probably matured to the point of being past a lot of the drama.  He might still would transfer in the future but I'm betting that would be for playing time only to go to a small school for his final year.

12 minutes ago, txhorns said:

I'm going to disagree.  I think if he decides to stay that it shows a hell of a lot of maturity on his part. It would be pretty humbling for him to pull out of the portal and stay at this point.  I think if he does that he has probably matured to the point of being past a lot of the drama.  He might still would transfer in the future but I'm betting that would be for playing time only to go to a small school for his final year.

Sure, because 19 year old flakes magically mature over a 2 month period all the time.   If the coaching staff wants to give him another shot, fine, but decent odds he's back in the portal the minute he's not announced as a starter next year.

The kid hasn't been cured of being a flake, that's for sure.

But one thing IS certain, and at this point I think it's pretty undeniable just how much of a cancer Mehringer was to this program, growing unchecked under Herman's nose, that a player like Shepherd would even consider returning simply because of his removal. Or maybe it was Orlando or Fedora, or Meekins that Shepherd wanted to murder.

Just kidding, it was fucking mehringer. And if he was that fucking bad (we've known for years) then his hiring and retained employment over 3 years is inexcusable and fucking pathetic. But good news, we'll bring in Chris Ash, a guy who's so perceptive he also hired Mehringer and got along with him. Our defense and program culture will be in great hands. 

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, JFKFC said:

El Dorado, Kansas. In the suburbs of Wichita. 

The stuff that dreams are made of. 

Used to stop there on the drive back from the CWS.  There used to be a really good Mexican restaurant there.  But it's one of those little towns on the toll part of I-35, so it's out in the fucking middle of nowhere.

6 hours ago, JFKFC said:

El Dorado, Kansas. In the suburbs of Wichita. 

The stuff that dreams are made of. 

It's not a suburb, it's an exurb 30 miles away...on the bad side of Wichita.  I feel for him already. 

I can't defend El Dorado but the school has been turning out some pretty good D1 players for the last  15-20 years. They have won 6 National Championships but none since 2008. My DIL is an Administrator (not athletic) at BCCC. She and my son host 5 or 6 athletes every year. Most of these kids are from very challenging backgrounds and this is their only chance to get ahead. It's cool to see the ones that realize this and really sad to watch the ones that will never get it. I have no idea what his situation is but maybe this kid will see the light.

29 minutes ago, Lobo said:

It's not a suburb, it's an exurb 30 miles away...on the bad side of Wichita.  I feel for him already. 

Lol at there being a "bad side" of Wichita that's 30 miles away from the city.  The "bad side" of Wichita is north Wichita, where Barry Sanders is from.  El Dorado is a bullshit speed bump on the Kansas Turnpike.

13 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

Lol at there being a "bad side" of Wichita that's 30 miles away from the city.  The "bad side" of Wichita is north Wichita, where Barry Sanders is from.  El Dorado is a bullshit speed bump on the Kansas Turnpike.

So it's the bad side of the turnpike?