Javonne Shepherd is in the portal

texifornia

14 hours ago, 4th and 5 said:

I teach at a university. Thus far I have had exactly one football player that also played school. 

hqdefault.jpg.cf.jpg

No shit for the most schools. My daughter (no pics) and her boyfriend (probably future husband) joke about how they are the only athlete couple among the FB players who are both on the Dean’s List. He has one year of eligibility left and wants to get his MBA where she is going for medical school. The coaches are trying to get him to put those plans off long enough to play his final season and get a graduate degree in “Leadership,” whatever the fuck that bullshit is. We and his parents are encouraging him to go the grad transfer route, but he’s a starter... and the coaches are meatheads just like most of his teammates.

1 hour ago, Ok. Caol Hook Em! said:

I really feel like it should be on the recruiting board or coaching staff thread. 

Where posters post in initials and nickname code without referencing to the players’ position or high school so those of us who don’t follow teenage strangers on Twitter or live on a recruiting board can know wft they are talking about? /get off my lawn

Edited by ImissWallyPryor
  • Like 1

Is there no JuCo near Baxter Springs?

Ruth Ann and Lynn come down from Baxter Springs
And that's one hell-raisin' town way up in southeastern Kansas

They got a biker bar next to the lingerie store

It's got them Rolling Stones lips up there, in bright pink neon
And they're right downtown where everyone can see 'em
And they burn all night
You know they burn all night
You know they burn all night
Ruth Ann and Lynn, they wear them cut-off britches

And them skinny little halters
You know, they're second cousins to me

Man, I don't care - I wanna get between 'em

With a great big ol' hardon

Like an old Bois D'arc fence-post

You could hang a pipe rail gate from
Do some sister twisters 'til the cows come home
And we’ll be havin' us a time, havin' us a time

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

Is there no JuCo near Baxter Springs?

James McMurty is a national treasure.

Also, Baxter Springs is relatively near Coffeyville, which has a Kansas juco that routinely produces D1 talent.  (Also, I think Gary Busey played football there...)

1 hour ago, Dennis Taylor said:

so everyone is going to let that claim of a decent Mexican food restaurant in Kansas skate on by?

I've always thought it was sad and strange that every Mexican that migrates north forgets how to cook by the time they reach Kansas.

Edited by Shoxthemonkey

4 hours ago, Katfid54 said:

Lol at there being a "bad side" of Wichita that's 30 miles away from the city.  The "bad side" of Wichita is north Wichita, where Barry Sanders is from.  El Dorado is a bullshit speed bump on the Kansas Turnpike.

All sides of Wichita are bad, IMO.

Fuck Gene Stephenson.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

Where posters post in initials and nickname code without referencing to the players’ position or high school so those of us who don’t follow teenage strangers on Twitter or live on a recruiting board can know wft they are talking about? /get off my lawn

I laughed

1 hour ago, Katfid54 said:

James McMurty is a national treasure.

Also, Baxter Springs is relatively near Coffeyville, which has a Kansas juco that routinely produces D1 talent.  (Also, I think Gary Busey played football there...)

Last I saw there two dead brothers there also...

1 hour ago, You don't know me said:

I want to believe that they adjust their cooking depending on the local palates.

I've had some kickass Mexican food in suburban Cleveland. I feel like if you order stuff that's more "Mexican" rather than basic Tex-Mex, they assume you can handle flavor and actually cook some good shit up.

• 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, texaslong said:

If you're an aggy journalist,  is it required to blame Texas for everything? 

It is a locked field in their "wait till next year" madlibs. Even if we did pull his tutoring, the kid still has every capability to study hard and pass tests on his own accord.

*gasp* The horror Cocaine Tom! How could you fail all his tests for him!

Edited by Vertigo

16 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Yeah, I'm gonna say if you pull a 0.00 GPA, you can't blame it on not having a tutor. You have to blame it on one of two things: 1) You were lazy, drunk, or in a coma; 2) You were dumber than a stuffed ferret.

That's a really unfair thing to say about stuffed ferrets.

• Haha 2

True, aren't there classes where like a 40 curves up to a C or B? 

Yep. Our old babysitter had a psychology class that was almost all football players. The final exam was the entire grade for the class and the exam started with a grade of 80 if you turned it in blank. Your correct answers counted for the next 20 points. She said a few players didn’t even show up to turn it in blank so they failed the class.

• 1 year later...