MNF: Patriots @ Jets

spystud13

2 minutes ago, UpperWestside said:

If Sam Darnold played for some backwater franchise in a small market he'd be labeled a bust by now. This guy is atrocious.

He played great in beating Dallas last week.  That was his only game since Week 1.  But, yeah, this game isn't going to give Jets' fans much optimism.

7 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

I  But I think that their lack of anything resembling a deep threat or explosive player could ultimately hurt them.  As great as Brady is, it's tough to put together 5 or 6 12+ play drives against the better defenses in the league--or 7+ similar drives in a shootout--without the occasional 30+ yard gain.  

Brady's had one real game breaker at WR in his career, Moss.   And he's still figured out a way. 

18 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

No, he's not atrocious, at all. 

34 yards. Two interceptions, a ridiculous fumble and telegraphing his throws all night. Hell I just turned to my friend and said he's going to Anderson on 4th down. Just too easy to figure out what he is doing. This is just another failed USC QB. I really do not get anyone wanting one from there, especially this franchise. 

Edited by UpperWestside

16 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

He played great in beating Dallas last week.  That was his only game since Week 1.  But, yeah, this game isn't going to give Jets' fans much optimism.

I just do not see why anyone has an optimistic opinion of him. I do not have anything against him as a person, but man sometimes you can just tell what a bust looks like. 

14 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

Drew Brees is going to have a little talk with Tom about that in February, like we were robbed of this last time around.

Yeah if Brees wouldn't have thrown it at Michael Thomas's feet on a 2 yard in ( or if Payton would have called a run) they would have killed the clock and won. Or if they would have scored in overtime

20 minutes ago, UpperWestside said:

34 yards. Two interceptions, a ridiculous fumble and telegraphing his throws all night. Hell I just turned to my friend and said he's going to Anderson on 4th down. Just too easy to figure out what he is doing. This is just another failed USC QB. I really do not get anyone wanting one from there, especially this franchise. 

There's maybe 3 or 4 QBs in the league, total, that wouldn't look silly against this defense.  Pats have 2 corners that shut down both sides of the field.  Essentially leaving Belichick with 8 guys to play within 5 to 6 yards of the LOS.  You want a recipe for a QB, pretty much any QB, to look for ghosts?  This is it.

Darnold threw for 350 yards last weekend against a decent / competence defense. The Pats defense is a notch above that and will pretty much toy with any QB in this league.

Just now, UpperWestside said:

This guy is done here. He'll play out the season and get one more year and that's it. 

It’s like he forgot how to be a QB. I really don’t see him lasting long either but it’s because I think he’s not really into it. Gym rats like Minshew would kill to have the shot Sam has. And just shitty mechanics, happy feet, seeing ghosts...or whatever the fuck he is seeing.

23 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

There's maybe 3 or 4 QBs in the league, total, that wouldn't look silly against this defense.  Pats have 2 corners that shut down both sides of the field.  Essentially leaving Belichick with 8 guys to play within 5 to 6 yards of the LOS.  You want a recipe for a QB, pretty much any QB, to look for ghosts?  This is it.

Darnold threw for 350 yards last weekend against a decent / competence defense. The Pats defense is a notch above that and will pretty much toy with any QB in this league.

50 yards and five turnovers in three quarters at home.  He's definitely a Jet. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wally Pryor said:

I'll believe it when I see N'Keal Harry back.   If he comes back, so be it.

More concerned about Gordon.  He's a flight risk, let's say, when not actively playing / practicing with the team.   Brady his him under his wing so that's a good thing.  But, still, there is history.

they could bring back welker, troy brown and aaron hernandez....theyd still win

15 minutes ago, shakahorn said:

Why is Brady still in there?

He loves football more than Giselle. True story.

So he's pretty much going to play the entire game, especially with his days numbered. And will bitch out Belichick if anyone else gets a snap.

Edited by Wally Pryor