Privacy policy

immamac

It seems pretty standard, but I think (knowing our history) that it might be wise to define personal data as personal “user” data and clarify that it does not included posting content.  Not sure if that covers you with GDPR or not but seems wise to delineate content (which may contain data personal to someone) is different than user data.

Don’t forget tomorrow starts the new Facebook rule where they can use your photo Don’t forget Deadline tomorrow !!! Everything you’ve ever posted becomes public from tomorrow. Even messages that have been deleted or the photos not allowed. It costs nothing for a simple copy and paste, better safe than sorry. Channel 13 News talked about the change in Facebook’s privacy policy. I do not give Facebook or any entities associated with Facebook permission to use my pictures, information, messages or posts, both past and future. With this statement, I give notice to Facebook it is strictly forbidden to disclose, copy, distribute, or take any other action against me based on this profile and/or its contents. The content of this profile is private and confidential information. The violation of privacy can be punished by law (UCC 1-308- 1 1 308-103 and the Rome Statute). NOTE: Facebook is now a public entity. All members must post a note like this. If you prefer, you can copy and paste this version. If you do not publish a statement at least once it will be tacitly allowing the use of your photos, as well as the information contained in the profile status updates. DO NOT SHARE.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, TKthunder2 said:

Not sure if that covers you with GDPR or not but seems wise to delineate content (which may contain data personal to someone) is different than user data.

How would EU regulators go about fining a company/website that has no operations in the EU? There's probably an easy answer, but I'm too lazy to look it up. 

^^ Reminds me of all the folks who, as they abandoned the Shag, posted similar "legal notices" out of fear that the iced piss man was coming for their info.
Those FB post really make me rage. Too dumb to realize the disclosure you agreed to when you signed up. What really pisses me off is those oxygen thieves get to vote.
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, housious said:

How would EU regulators go about fining a company/website that has no operations in the EU? There's probably an easy answer, but I'm too lazy to look it up. 

https://community.spiceworks.com/topic/2007530-how-the-eu-can-fine-us-companies-for-violating-gdpr

Last but not least: EU regulators rely on international law to issue fines. Written into GDPR itself is a clause, Priebe says, stating that any action against a company from outside the EU must be issued in accordance with international law. 

As it happens, the EU and the U.S. have a pretty good relationship. 

"There has [...] been long term and increasing enforcement cooperation between U.S. and EU data protection authorities," Priebe says, pointing to the negotiations over the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield data sharing agreement, which puts systems in place for the EU to issue complaints and fines against U.S. companies. 

She continues: "While we don’t yet have U.S.-EU negotiated civil enforcement mechanisms for the GDPR (and it is unknown whether we ever will), there is still the application of international law and potential cooperation agreements between U.S. and EU law enforcement agencies, which have been increasing in recent years." 

The bottom line: EU regulators can fine U.S. companies for violating GDPR, and they can do it with the help of U.S. authorities. 

On 10/23/2019 at 6:16 AM, El Diablo said:

^^ Reminds me of all the folks who, as they abandoned the Shag, posted similar "legal notices" out of fear that the iced piss man was coming for their info.

Literally nobody was serious with those.  Can't believe that has to be explained.

14 minutes ago, Liquor and Poker said:

I don’t know.  I think that if a person reads a few of these threads, he’d come away thinking it’s the site’s moral, if not legal, responsibility to record the name, address, social security number, and known whereabouts of every poster here. 

My whereabouts are usually your mom's house.

The rest is private.