Drop a line from a TV show/film that really struck you

Goo Punch

17 hours ago, BigDHornfan said:

I need your help. I can't tell you what it is, you can never ask me about it later, and we're gonna hurt some people.

Whose car we taking?

great scene reminds me of at least one friday every month during high school with my best friend.

8 hours ago, South Austin said:

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Thanks coach

"You might remember him as Joe the policeman, from the what's going down episode of 'That's my Momma'."

Spoiler

giphy.gif

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

You want me to beg? You're the smartest guy I ever met, and you're too stupid to see -- he made up his mind 10 minutes ago.

Watched it twice. Guess I need to go in for a 3rd viewing of BB. 

--

I know you said "line" but I'm just going with my favorite ending of all time. (I guess skip to 3:00 for my favorite lines)

Edited by ztejas

LA Confidential, When I see someone good and pissed off at a doucher:    I wouldn't trade places with Edmund Exley right now for all the whisky in Ireland.

From Miller's Crossing, regarding someone thinking you might have been a tough guy/ badass:

Verna: You think you've raised hell.
Tom: Sister, when I've raised hell, you'll know it!

Magnum Force, slamming a superior while giving a compliment:  A good man always knows his limitations. 

and for brutal honesty among friends:

Tommy: hey, does this suit make me look fat?

Richard:  No, your face does.

2 hours ago, BigOrange1 said:

we're flawed because we want so much more.  we're ruined, because we get these things and wish for what we had.

because there are people out there who buy things, people like you and me.  and something happened.  something terrible.  and the way that they saw themselves is gone.  and nobody understands that.  but you do.  and that’s very valuable.

9 minutes ago, futureman said:

what’s this from?

Mad Men. 

That show is full of great lines.

"The reason you haven't felt it is because it doesn't exist. What you call love was invented by guys like me to sell nylons.   You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts."

Been thinking about two different ‘workplace’ movie lines as I prepare to leave my firm and shithead partner 

“I’m the guy who does his fucking job.  You must be the other guy.’  —-the departed 

here’s a lesser known one though 

“who told you, you could work with men?   You fucking child.”

"I've only got one rule, and that's don't bet money you don't have on a dog race with a stripper ex-girlfriend, and you broke that rule, homes. You're going to have to be nice to her."

Same movie:

"You'd bury yourself alive just to prove you can handle a shovel."

Edited by IDIOTsavant

2 hours ago, Tom said:

The reason you haven't felt it is because it doesn't exist. What you call love was invented by guys like me to sell nylons.   You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts

that’s pretty bleak. 

I loved Peter Saarsgard's story arc as a death row inmate on The Killing: Season 3.  A line from the episode "Eminent Domain" has stayed with me. It was actually spoken by Alton, another death row inmate on his block.

"For the first time tonight, woke up and didn't know where I was. Honest to God. I had no idea."

Something about knowing that feeling, and associating it with being trapped on death row.

It was almost a throw away line in the original Mr. Deeds Goes to Town which I saw in a theater on campus when they used to show movies there.

Jean Arthur is shadowing Deeds and ridiculing him in the paper, making him look like a fool to the world. One night, Arthur is with her roommate who is mortified at what she's doing to Deeds. The roommate speaks up:

"You're crucifying him!"

"Ah, people have been crucified before!"

I started chuckling at that dark little line and couldn't stop.  

One of my favorite movies is full of them:

“Loneliness has followed me my whole life. Everywhere. In bars, in cars, sidewalks, stores, everywhere. There's no escape. I'm God's lonely man.”

“All the animals come out at night - whores, skunk pussies, buggers, queens, fairies, dopers, junkies, sick, venal. Someday a real rain will come and wash all this scum off the streets.”

“I realize now how much she's just like the others - cold and distant, and many people are like that. Women for sure. They're like a union.”

Depending on my mood:

Fuck you.  Fuck you.  Fuck you. You're cool.  And fuck you.

We can do that.  We dont even have to have a reason. 

Now there's something you don't see every day.

Talk to me Goose.

I'm most proud of the last one.  The Macanudo-ettes are both teenagers now and when somethings going on in life for them I use this.  It almost always breaks the tension or silence or whatever. 

Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of those rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs. 

I am haunted by waters.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Mach 1 said:

Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of those rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs. 

I am haunted by waters.

what does this really mean? i think it's one of those things that sounds really deep, but every time i read it, it makes no sense to me.