Drop a line from a TV show/film that really struck you

Goo Punch

• 4 weeks later...

Lt. Aldo Raine : Yeah, they made that deal, but they don't give a fuck about him. They need you.

Col. Hans Landa : You'll be shot for this!

Lt. Aldo Raine : Nah, I don't think so. More like chewed out. I've been chewed out before.

I don't know why but I really like that line and try to use it often.

• Like 2

Blade Runner is just full of memorable lines for me ...

"It's too bad she won't live ... but then again, who does?"

“How can it not know what it is?” 

"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."

This whole scene is loaded:

From Blade Runner 2049:

"Come on. Get up. Do your fucking job."

"He named you. You must be special."

"Every leap of civilization was built off the back of a disposable workforce."

K: "Is he real?"
Deckard: "I don’t know. Ask him."

"He liked to work alone. So did I. So we worked together to keep it that way"

"You tiny thing ... You're so sure. Because he told you. Because we never lie. I'm gonna tell Mr. Wallace you tried to shoot me first, so I had to kill you."

17 minutes ago, baboso said:

Business bad? Fuck you, pay me. Oh, you had a fire? Fuck you, pay me. Place got hit by lightning, huh? Fuck you, pay me.

Goodfellas or Mack Brown Texas Football

That's where my inspiration came from.  

Also---to Blade Runner 2049, my favorite line from that film was from Robin Penn.  Every other Hollywood movie has the same line (with different generic products or stores or activities placed in the middle of it, even in futuristic films).  It's always something like, "Word of this can't get out.  The people aren't ready for it yet.  They just wanna watch TV/shop at Wal-Mart/have sex with their robots/live in ignorant bliss."  Something like that.  But this script lays out such a great 4-word twist on that tired trope:

"This breaks the world."  

11 hours ago, SimonBolivar said:

Lt. Aldo Raine : Yeah, they made that deal, but they don't give a fuck about him. They need you.

Col. Hans Landa : You'll be shot for this!

Lt. Aldo Raine : Nah, I don't think so. More like chewed out. I've been chewed out before.

I don't know why but I really like that line and try to use it often.

haha, same. also, if ever get a chance , i tru to use, "is that the kind of man you need? the loquacious type?" (replace "loquacious" with whatever descriptor was being used).

Edited by Goo Punch

Think big, think positive, never show any sign of weakness. Always go for the throat. Buy low, sell high. Fear? That's the other guy's problem. Nothing you have ever experienced will prepare you for the unlimited carnage you are about to witness. Superbowl, World Series - they don't know what pressure is. In this building, it's either kill or be killed. You make no friends in the pits and you take no prisoners. One moment you're up half a mil in soybeans and the next, boom, your kids don't go to college and they've repossessed your Bentley. Are you with me?

• Like 1

Get busy living or get busy dying.  God damn right..

And from It's a Wonderful Life   George Bailey talking with Clarence.

I know one way you can help me.  You don't happen to have 8000 bucks on you?  Clarence replies  We don't use money in heaven.  Bailey retorts with... well it comes in real handy down here bud!

And lastly without the name  of the movie...  Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Edited by Bevo&Pevo
  • Like 1

last scene in the series of Quantum Leap.

-And Dr Sam Beckett.... never returned home   (kind of a depressing ending for a good show)

What are you Prepared to do about it?-  Untouchables.     spoken by a dying Irishman who has given his all to clean up the town. 

would you say I have a plethora of Pinatas?      never knew the word before that film, Its been ingrained since as part of my go to lexicon.  

Robert Duvall in Secondhand Lions.  For some reason I thought of it yesterday

"I'm Hub McCann. I've fought in two world wars, and countless smaller ones on three continents. I've led thousands of men into battle with everything from horses and swords to artillery and tanks. I've seen the headwaters of the Nile and tribes of natives no white men had ever seen before. I've won and lost a dozen fortunes, killed many men, and loved only one woman with a passion a flea like you could never begin to understand. That's who I am."

1 hour ago, Post Oak said:

Robert Duvall in Secondhand Lions.  For some reason I thought of it yesterday

"I'm Hub McCann. I've fought in two world wars, and countless smaller ones on three continents. I've led thousands of men into battle with everything from horses and swords to artillery and tanks. I've seen the headwaters of the Nile and tribes of natives no white men had ever seen before. I've won and lost a dozen fortunes, killed many men, and loved only one woman with a passion a flea like you could never begin to understand. That's who I am."

Great clean movie for kids and adults.

there's a terrific movie called "nobody's fool" that most people forget even happened (1994, an insane year for movies).  there are a ton of great lines, because robert benton is awesome (and from texas).  anyhow, paul newman walks into bruce willis' office...

willis - i heard the judge threw you and that two-bit lawsuit out of court.

newman - hope it didn't cost you more than you owe me.

willis - aww, don't be bitter, sully.  america's a great place.  where else could a cripple, and a drunk, one-legged lawyer even get to talk to a judge?

if you haven't seen the movie, do yourself a favor...

• Like 2

8 hours ago, HouTex said:

I’m 30 years older than you. I’ve had my back broke once and my hip twice. On my worst day I could beat the hell out of you.

Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine.

I think Casablanca is cheating. 

14 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

there's a terrific movie called "nobody's fool" that most people forget even happened (1994, an insane year for movies).  there are a ton of great lines, because robert benton is awesome (and from texas).  anyhow, paul newman walks into bruce willis' office...

willis - i heard the judge threw you and that two-bit lawsuit out of court.

newman - hope it didn't cost you more than you owe me.

willis - aww, don't be bitter, sully.  america's a great place.  where else could a cripple, and a drunk, one-legged lawyer even get to talk to a judge?

if you haven't seen the movie, do yourself a favor...

Very much agree. Plus Melanie Griffith. “What’s the matter, Grandpa??”  

“Let History never forget the name...”Enterprise.” Jean Luc Picard, from the episode “Yesterday’s Enterprise.”

“Earn This.” Captain MIller, in “Saving Private Ryan.”

“Peggy, listen to me. This never happened. It will SHOCK you how much it never happened.” Don Draper talking to Peggy in the mental hospital. It’s the scene that got me totally hooked on Mad Men.

“I know now why you cry, but it is something I can never do.” Arnold Schwarzenegger in Terminator 2.

“My name’s Wyatt Earp. IT ALL ENDS NOW!!!” From Kevin Costner’s depiction of the man.

“You tell ‘em I’m comin’! And Hell’s comin’ with me, you hear?! HELL’S...COMMIN’...WITH ME!!!” From Kurt Russel’s depiction of the mam.

8 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Same here. I think about this line all the time. 

Yo, Tambien.  Our entire species has been designed by nature to block out the bad in the past and to yearn for the good from back then as well, it's critical to our evolution.  But it took two lines from Mad Men to codify it.  No poet, no author, no artist in 100,000 years ever did it.  But the writers of Mad Men did it twice.  

The one referenced above and this one: 

"nostalgia" literally means "the pain from an old wound." It's a twinge in your heart, far more powerful than memory alone.  It takes us to a place where we ache to go