Canada

Tailgate

Didn’t see a thread on the country. I’ve been to Toronto a few times on business trips...but am thinking about planning a vacation there. Possibly this winter as the kids like to be around snow.

I liked Toronto but was curious if anyone strongly preferred one city over another and/or any specific areas to explore. I’d prefer to set base in one location as opposed to bouncing to a couple cities...so hopefully a spot with skiing and a cool town nearby? What do you think, aye?

1 hour ago, SimonBolivar said:

If Vancouver isn't what you're looking for then take a look at Quebec City.  QC is balls cold, but has skiing and the city is great. Those would be my top two destinations in Canada in the winter. 

Was gonna suggest Quebec City. Tremblant ski resort is less than 2 hours away, good skiing, some challenging steeps, and bump runs.

2 hours ago, gecko said:

Quebec City is also the only city in Canada we weren't able to conquer during the invasion of Canada in early stages of the Revolutionary War.  So it also has that distinction....

So, time for some unfinished business ??  2 birds, Conquer an unconquered city, and wipe out a bunch of arrogant French speakers....

On 10/28/2019 at 7:28 AM, Ogie Ogilthorpe said:

Calgary is great, about an hour to Banff, then another 45 mins to Lake Louise.

Lake Louise is at the southern end of the Icefields Parkway, perhaps the most scenic drive in North America. I place the drive to Jasper above drives to Whister, Denali, Big Sur, Going-to-the-Sun, Cote d'Azur and Hana.

9 minutes ago, Hornster said:

Lake Louise is at the southern end of the Icefields Parkway, perhaps the most scenic drive in North America. I place the drive to Jasper above drives to Whister, Denali, Big Sur, Going-to-the-Sun, Cote d'Azur and Hana.

clearly you’ve never driven highway 6 east from waco.

• 2 months later...