2019-2020 PGA Tour

Lurch

2 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Kinda at the point of just hoping for a Top 10 finish for Spieth today.... crazy watching how much his game flutuates right now.

Jordan bogeys #6 with an average wedge approach shot into the green followed by a terrible 3-putt for bogey...

Spieth currently tied for 11th.... but JThomas over 18th might back-up and let Spieth get a Top 10...

I'm not sure Spieth is really going to ever get back to where he was. He has something fundamentally wrong with his swing that doesn't hold up consistently.  I'm not saying he won't win some tournaments or compete but he's in a 3 year slump at this point.  Unfortunately he's looking a bit more like Johnny Miller every day.

37 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

I'm not sure Spieth is really going to ever get back to where he was. He has something fundamentally wrong with his swing that doesn't hold up consistently.  I'm not saying he won't win some tournaments or compete but he's in a 3 year slump at this point.  Unfortunately he's looking a bit more like Johnny Miller every day.

he's unsure of himself out there, over thinking imo 

11 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

I agree. And when you say some tournaments, I think that’s a few tournaments and excludes majors. I can’t see him ever getting it back. Major swing flaws and no emotional control. 

his crazy ass putting for 3 years carried him.  He might win a major or 2 again considering he's got 20 more years in him but unless he decides to rebuild his swing he will have to get back the crazy ass putting streak and catch lightning in a bottle. 5 majors and 20 or so tour victories would be a damn nice career.

Just now, LTtxfan said:

I think Spieth will win at least one more major in his career... He was all over the place at "The Open" and still won...

I agree that he might win one or two considering the life span of a golfer because he has the "game".  He needs a complete retooling.

• Like 1

Spieth is young so I'm not going to claim he won't win another major or anything - but he's developing a serious allergy to winning. It would almost be better if he was struggling across the board and not even in contention on some of these weekends so he could take a step back and rebuild everything. But to have good rounds to put yourself in striking position and then constantly come up short has to be exhausting mentally. 

Just now, LTtxfan said:

Do you think Spieth should consider changing coaches??

yes.  3 years says he needs to change something if he wants to get back to true top 10 level. he's a non factor in majors because he is just too damn erratic.   now is the time.  I'm a bit leary of his real dedication to be the best.  I'm not saying its wrong, because it is always good to have perspective but the game is different now.  guys can outwork you and the real greats are maniacal.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dcar00 said:

yes.  3 years says he needs to change something if he wants to get back to true top 10 level. he's a non factor in majors because he is just too damn erratic.   now is the time.  I'm a bit leary of his real dedication to be the best.  I'm not saying its wrong, because it is always good to have perspective but the game is different now.  guys can outwork you and the real greats are maniacal.

He could stand to get in better shape like everyone else is doing. He's always looked a little doughy to me and I think he likes the booze, too. Theres no reason he shouldn't be one of the longer hitters on tour and he's very middling in that regard.

Because you're right - the game is different. You can have all the talent in the world but if you're boozing and blowing down and fucking your way through each pitstop like it's 1979 you aren't going to win much (not saying Spieth is doing that - just expounding on the point you're making). You get the occasional redass like Patrick Reed that still wins despite being a lumpy piece of shit but most guys can't afford to play like that.

I'd still be shocked if Spieth doesn't figure it out at somepoint though - he's got too much fucking talent and is so damn competitive - and he really is getting close. Just needs to keep his head down and keep at it. 

• Like 1