2019-2020 PGA Tour

Lurch

Lefty at -9, 3 back.  Gotta love the shades and always wondered why more pros don't wear them.  I get it on the green, they don't want anything to get in the way of a read, but everywhere else?  When I'm out there, there's no way I could not have shades.  Of course, there may be other things affecting my sensitivity to light ;)

41 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

Fox started out slow but coverage really improved with experience. They really embraced technology and expanded the use of things like shot tracer.  

Fox may have had the worst golf broadcasts that I have ever seen. The only thing they did right was they had coverage all day, but they were terrible. Going back to NBC is great news for golf fans. 

Edited by Lobwedgephil
  • Like 3

Bring back the Jason Day vertigo live stream!

Fucking weirdos. “You know what would help this emerging top talent dealing with health issues? Let’s surround him with 20 cameramen really make his world claustrophobic.” “We interrupt live golf to show you Day crossing a bridge with a medical team.” “Oh here is drinking water with his caddie”

I know that was “The Story”, and maybe I’m misremembering how bad it was, but I remember being pretty pissed. Give the man some space and cover the tournament and live golf while you get updates from his team.

11h

Former Longhorn Dylan Frittelli becomes the 4th PGA Tour player to test positive for #Covid_19: "I am experiencing no issues and feel great physically.." #HookEm  

Quote Tweet
vRW1JgBK_normal.jpg

PGA TOUR Communications

@PGATOURComms
· Jun 28
PGA TOUR statement on Dylan Frittelli

DeChambeau gets in cameraman’s face after continuing to film him when he throws a tantrum after a shitty bunker shot. Tells press that he’s upset because it could damage his brand. What a d-bag. 

https://www.golfchannel.com/news/bryson-dechambeau-confronts-cameraman-potentially-damaging-his-brand

Edited by TonyTexas

I was watching yesterday, and I think it was Kirk hitting an approach shot to the green. He had a cameraman directly behind him, laying on the ground shooting and fairly close by. I thought that seemed a little unusual, but I understand the networks have limited staff, so they follow "marquee" pairings all day. There was another golfer at another tournament (Bubba Watson?) who was counting all the people around the green while they were putting. I could see where because of the no crowds, fewer staff, the golfers feel a lot more under the microscope. We can certainly hear them better (talking with their caddies).

(But yeah, Watson and DeChambeau are definitely on the DB side).

Edited by Steel Shank

Has anyone else noticed on the PGA tour commercial with all the celebs and people announcing various golfers, it has Phil Knight (I think) saying "Rickieeee Ffffowler!" twice?  Noticed it at least last week, just seems kind of odd they haven't caught that and edited it. Maybe I only notice it because of the over the top way the guy says Rickie's name.

edit: Guess it's actually the actor who played Shooter McGavin

Edited by LonghornSean

3 minutes ago, LonghornSean said:

Has anyone else noticed on the PGA tour commercial with all the celebs and people announcing various golfers, it has Phil Knight (I think) saying "Rickieeee Ffffowler!" twice?  Noticed it at least last week, just seems kind of odd they haven't caught that and edited it. Maybe I only notice it because of the over the top way the guy says Rickie's name.

I thought it was by design for some reason. 

35 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

I wang to see him win a major first. The biggest thing stopping Bryson is his own brain and petulance. He could get in his own way. 

Bryson will win a PGA. That’s the course most set up like a regular tour stop. He should be able to overpower Augusta but those greens could mess with him. US Open will be tough if the rough is up. He can’t power his way out of those. It‘a a stroke penalty. British in 2021 is gonna be interesting. Those funny bounces are gonna piss him off. There’s no logic there. Could frustrate him. 

I think its pretty much agreed that the majors will be problems for him, is for all of them. He's been shit hot as of late, I wonder what a non major with a stacked field will look like for him? Not just one or two big names, Jack's tourney, when you wake up on Sunday, neither the course or the field will give back. He won't be so relaxed when he bombs it in the rough. 

7 minutes ago, Dewey said:

I think its pretty much agreed that the majors will be problems for him, is for all of them. He's been shit hot as of late, I wonder what a non major with a stacked field will look like for him? Not just one or two big names, Jack's tourney, when you wake up on Sunday, neither the course or the field will give back. He won't be so relaxed when he bombs it in the rough. 

Swinging that hard, wonder how long Bryson can stay healthy??