2019-2020 PGA Tour

Lurch

57 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

If Jordan could consistently make cuts, he and Bryson would carry these shitty PGA Tour weekly stops. They are the only two players worth watching every shot from as you never know what to expect. 

3 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Swinging that hard, wonder how long Bryson can stay healthy??

I think the guy is kind of a choad, but he clearly thinks about the game differently than the other pros. I agree the injury bug could become an issue, but I also see the guy never being content with his game, and could eventually fuck things up by constantly tweaking shit. He'll make for good TV, and for the short term, probably a good bet in any tournament. 

1 hour ago, Goodman said:

If Jordan could consistently make cuts, he and Bryson would carry these shitty PGA Tour weekly stops. They are the only two players worth watching every shot from as you never know what to expect. 

which jordan are you speaking of ?

also, does the pga test for hgh ? (asking for a friend) 

1 hour ago, Blotto said:

I think the guy is kind of a choad, but he clearly thinks about the game differently than the other pros. I agree the injury bug could become an issue, but I also see the guy never being content with his game, and could eventually fuck things up by constantly tweaking shit. He'll make for good TV, and for the short term, probably a good bet in any tournament. 

Tiger really had to adjust his game after all the injuries he suffered from the torque he put on his body -- and Bryson seems to be swinging much harder than Tiger did early in his career.

Might not happen, but I expect that Bryson will likely struggle with injuries much sooner than Tiger did...

10 hours ago, LonghornSean said:

Has anyone else noticed on the PGA tour commercial with all the celebs and people announcing various golfers, it has Phil Knight (I think) saying "Rickieeee Ffffowler!" twice?  Noticed it at least last week, just seems kind of odd they haven't caught that and edited it. Maybe I only notice it because of the over the top way the guy says Rickie's name.

edit: Guess it's actually the actor who played Shooter McGavin

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

also, does the pga test for hgh ? (asking for a friend) 

Have no clue what they test for, I will take a wild guess as to what they dont test for... be funny to see a bunch of yoked up golfers out there ripping it close to 400 yards. Be like MLB back in the day.

This week will have a better field than Detroit did. I was thinking that most would skip this week and play the Memorial next week at the same course.

This week we have Jon Rahm, Justin Thomas, Brooks Koepka, Justin Rose, Phil Mickelson, Xander Schauffele, Jordan Spieth, Patrick Reed, and Rickie Fowler. 

10 minutes ago, Steamboat1874 said:

He was not on the list of "notables" for that tournament they showed yesterday afternoon.

Found this...

Tiger Woods won't be working next week, but Workday draws strong field

By Steve DiMeglio | July 3, 2020 

Tiger Woods won’t be working next week.

The reigning Masters champion and 15-time major champion did not commit to the Workday Charity Open at Muirfield Village Golf Club in Dublin, Ohio, by Friday’s 5 p.m. ET deadline. Woods did not issue a statement.

The tournament replaces the John Deere Classic, which was canceled due to COVID restrictions in Illinois. The Workday Charity Open is the first of two consecutive weeks of play at Muirfield Village – the Dublin Double, if you will.

After Workday, the club will host The Memorial, Jack Nicklaus’ annual bash that attracts scores of the game’s best players. Woods is expected by many in golf’s circles to resume play in The Memorial, which he has won a record five times.

https://golfweek.usatoday.com/2020/07/03/tiger-woods-out-pga-tour-workday-field/

On 7/6/2020 at 12:46 PM, StruggleBus said:

Tiger typically doesn't play shit tournaments. I haven't checked but I assume he'll be there for the Memorial. 

That is becuause it is impossible to Tiger to play a shit tournament; if TW is in the field it is by definition not a shitty event

11 hours ago, Mileslong said:

Some jackass Chinese guy just HAS to eat a freaking bat and now no Ryder cup and possibly no college football. Thanks a lot Chang...

Is it back to being a bat? I thought it was a pangolin. Much better tasting than normal dillo and that only gives you leprosy. 

• Like 1

On 7/7/2020 at 2:55 PM, Hate said:

He’s also always been very careful picking the courses he plays outside of the 3 majors that change courses yearly. He tends to skip tournaments on courses that don’t suit his eye or game.

not sure what the excuse is here because the next 2 tournaments are both at Muirfield Village.  Tiger has won there 5 times in his career.  he loves that course.  weird that he won't play the course when it's the Workday Charity Open but will play the course when it's the Memorial.

5 minutes ago, StruggleBus said:

Out of the trio of rookies from last year (Morikawa/Hovland/Wolff) it wouldn't surprise me to see him have the best career. Kid is a future star. 

He certainly seems the most consistent. I like Hovland's game too, but Wolff seems like he's all over the place but he's young and has that power.

Morikawa is the best of the youngins, his swing/putting stroke are consistent and he seems to have it between the ears.

Spieth otoh has become a full blown nut case. I root hard for the guy but every single shot he hits he is complaining about the lie, or the wind, or the fact that "i hit it PERFECT michael!" yet he ended up in a bunker, or flying a green. The way he doubled his 17th hole today, which led to him missing the cut, was some serious amateur hour shit.

Greller probably has this scene play out in his head multiple times per round:

In any event, i love this golf course and look forward to seeing it 2 weeks in a row, esp with The Man back in action next week. Thank goodness we have PGA Tour golf right now.

Edited by Pam Cummings

6 hours ago, Pam Cummings said:

Morikawa is the best of the youngins, his swing/putting stroke are consistent and he seems to have it between the ears.

Spieth otoh has become a full blown nut case. I root hard for the guy but every single shot he hits he is complaining about the lie, or the wind, or the fact that "i hit it PERFECT michael!" yet he ended up in a bunker, or flying a green. The way he doubled his 17th hole today, which led to him missing the cut, was some serious amateur hour shit.

Greller probably has this scene play out in his head multiple times per round:

In any event, i love this golf course and look forward to seeing it 2 weeks in a row, esp with The Man back in action next week. Thank goodness we have PGA Tour golf right now.

Looks like just about everyone is playing next week.

Tiger is finally back. I haz the excites!  
it doesn’t really feel like there are any stakes to a tournament without Tiger (when he’s playing a full-ishfor him 15-18 events) and coupled with non fans I’ve had a bit of a hard time getting too excited for the PGA since the restart. 
that’s probably a me problem more than anything else. Guys are going low low low low since the break. 

Both JT and Morikawa sinking long putts on the first playoff hole was awesome. Morikawa has great control of his game, and obviously a lot of confidence.  

Been long time since the tour had back to back stops at one course,  has to be an advantage for the guys who played this week. Stacked field, which will exciting. 

8 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Your take on the stakes not being there without Tiger hasn’t been the case in at least 5 years. 

Hasn’t it? 
Rating have been down, buzz has been down, coverage has been down, and even the young guys recognized it talking about how they wanted to square off against a healthy Tiger. It’s just a much better deal when he’s in the tournament. 
I say that as a golfer who used to carry a handicap around 1 and a guy whose been a golf fan before Tiger btw. I’m not saying it doesn’t matter, just that it’s not as big a feeling with him not in the tournament or playing relatively well or being healthy. 

Just now, Dr. Beeper said:

2014, maybe. Now, not even a little. He’s not irrelevant as last spring showed but it doesn’t matter whether or not he’s in the field. 

Television ratings and press coverage differs. Him winning the masters was one of the stories of the year in all of sports last year. Him winning the tour championships led ESPN on an NFL Sunday. Non tiger tournaments don’t move the needle like that. 
I think the game has never been stronger than it is right now. It’s just he brings a level of excitement to a tournament nobody else does. 

Nobody moves the needle like tiger. It isn't close. Last years overnight for the masters was the highest rated morning golf telecast in 34 years.

Even as a broken down 44 year old he makes every tourney he plays in better. I'm not ever a fan,  but golf is better with him in the field. 

If you love golf then you love golf. Every tournament (especially now) is watchable and you can find an interesting story line...a veteran at the end of his time or an up and coming young kid looking to prove something.

But nobody has ever moved the needle like Tiger. I’m not sure that will ever happen again. I hope to hell that he can be healthy going forward because golf is endlessly more exciting when he is winning. It just means more when he wins. Golf has never been better than that stretch from 2000-2008 when he was dominating. The active players with multiple majors barely move the needle (and I cheer for Spieth like everyone else). For the true golf fan, this is a great time with so many great young players. For golf overall? It’s still a search for the next Tiger. I’m not sure that’s going to happen anytime soon.

• Like 3

I also cheer for Jordan but I'm extremely skeptical that he'll ever return to his form from 2015-2017. I think he'll still win some tournaments. He'll probably contend in some majors. But I think his final career win count will easily stay under 20. 

Not that that's bad or anything.