2019-2020 PGA Tour

Lurch

5 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

still was a bit Reed-ish from Rahm.  when you play golf as much as a guy like that you absolutely saw it move.  that first move pushing hard down on the club that near the ball was to improve the path the club would take to the ball.  not saying other guys don't do it but its against the rules.  they fairly penalized him and he won fair and square but he's supposed to call that on himself.

I agree. He had to see it. I know I see it when I do it and it happens from time to time

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

still was a bit Reed-ish from Rahm.  when you play golf as much as a guy like that you absolutely saw it move.  that first move pushing hard down on the club that near the ball was to improve the path the club would take to the ball.  not saying other guys don't do it but its against the rules.  they fairly penalized him and he won fair and square but he's supposed to call that on himself.

he was looking up and down. i need to see split screen of his head when the ball moved

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

he was looking up and down. i need to see split screen of his head when the ball moved

Yeah... there are very few players I won't give the benefit of the doubt (reed...bubba)... but you know when you do it. If he were looking at the cup maybe he really didn't see it. All in all I'm glad it didn't cost him because he was the best player this week. Wonder what they would have done if it turned a 1 shot win into a 1 shot loss. 

9 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

to be absolutely sure yes but that first move when he pushed hard on the grass and close to the ball you don't do unless you are looking at the ball. I'd give it a 95% chance he was looking at it but it is possible he wasn't.

32 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

to be absolutely sure yes but that first move when he pushed hard on the grass and close to the ball you don't do unless you are looking at the ball. I'd give it a 95% chance he was looking at it but it is possible he wasn't.

It isnt Reed level scooping away sand....or stealing your teammates shoes, but it definitely puts him under the microscope a bit even if everyone does it. Probably didn't help that it went in 

25 minutes ago, pops said:

It isnt Reed level scooping away sand....or stealing your teammates shoes, but it definitely puts him under the microscope a bit even if everyone does it. Probably didn't help that it went in 

agreed.

On 7/19/2020 at 10:24 PM, pops said:

Yeah... there are very few players I won't give the benefit of the doubt (reed...bubba)... but you know when you do it. If he were looking at the cup maybe he really didn't see it. All in all I'm glad it didn't cost him because he was the best player this week. Wonder what they would have done if it turned a 1 shot win into a 1 shot loss. 

Has there been an incident of Bubba bending the rules?  I know he's a weirdo and fraud, but didn't think he was a rules violator.

30 minutes ago, Texas St. Armadillos said:

Has there been an incident of Bubba bending the rules?  I know he's a weirdo and fraud, but didn't think he was a rules violator.

Poorly worded...I don't think he's ever been accused of anything like reed...I just mean I don't give him the benefit of the doubt because I think he's a cunt.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Steamboat1874 said:

The first professional golf tournament I ever attended was the Dell Match Play several years ago and when my son and I walked up on the first hole I saw this standing there in a sun dress. Immediately became a Rahm fan and followed "him" for quite a while.spacer.png 

Nice of Rahm to take off his fitbit for his wedding ... wait.

9 hours ago, Longhornstampede said:

That's what DJ says as they do lines of coke off his dick

He needs to start doing this again apparently.  He's missed the last two cuts (shot 80, 80 at The Memorial) and shot +8 today, the worst score of the morning players so far by three strokes.

Edited by smwhorn

2 minutes ago, smwhorn said:

He needs to start doing this again apparently.  He's missed the last two cuts and shot +8 today, the worst score of the morning players so far by three strokes.

I mean he won 4 weeks ago, missed one cut, and had a shitty round today. His game has been erratic but as long as he keeps winning I'm sure he's fine with some missed cuts.

1 hour ago, smwhorn said:

He needs to start doing this again apparently.  He's missed the last two cuts (shot 80, 80 at The Memorial) and shot +8 today, the worst score of the morning players so far by three strokes.

Well DJ is playing better the Bryson, as DJ made his putt for a 9 this week and Bryson missed his and took the 10 last week. 
DJ doing his best Roy McAvoy and put 2 in the lake on 18, but he did get up and down from 185 to save that 9

2 hours ago, ztejas said:

I mean he won 4 weeks ago, missed one cut, and had a shitty round today. His game has been erratic but as long as he keeps winning I'm sure he's fine with some missed cuts.

He actually birdied the last hole to finish +7 but I also see that he withdrew.  His last three rounds have been 80, 80 and 78.  He might actually be injured, which would suck.

23 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Have a Big Weekend Jordan!!!   

T15.    J. Spieth.     -3      68*  69

Saturday, 2 bogeys on the front and 4 birdies on the back... currently 

T16.    J. Spieth.     -5      68*  69  68 

Edited by LTtxfan

19 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

If his driver doesn’t cost him at least one double per round, it’s an anomaly.   Today, it cost him any chance at a Top 10 finish. 

Really talented golfer with a ten cent head. 

Not sure what Jordan changed in an effort to add more distance to his driver, but it has really screwed up his accuracy off the tee during the last two years...

Glad to see Spieth recording more birdies again... already 4 birdies today thru 14 holes.

Edited by LTtxfan

12 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

I think he’s definitely getting more distance and that’s something that’s not discussed. When he was winning he was known as below average in length and now he’s above average. But the improvement isn’t all that noticeable (he was never really short). It’s a terrible risk/reward proposition. 

Agree...  I wish Jordan would try to go back to what worked in the past with less distance off the tee, but more fairways hit.  Jordan's long iron/hybrid game is strong enough to score well on most courses...

EDIT:  DAMN IT!!!  Spieth just got his 2nd double bogey today on #15

4 birdies, 2 Dbls, 1 bogey....

Edited by LTtxfan