2019-2020 PGA Tour

Lurch

On 8/21/2020 at 8:15 PM, Dr. Beeper said:

Played golf with a guy today that played with Gretzky in Scottsdale. He said Wayne said he didn’t think anyone could be dumber than Paulina but DJ is. Funny story. 

I’m skeptical that Gretzky told some rando that his daughter is the 2nd dumbest person on the planet. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Mileslong said:

I’ve softened on Tiger a bit since his comeback, I’ve never thought he was a good guy, he was banging a girl I knew in Newport Beach while his wife was pregnant. But this announcer on NBC Gold this morning is sucking tigers dick more than any hooters waitress could ever dream of...

Just looked up this announcer, his name is Jonathan Coachman, a freaking former WWE wrestler?! This is the best they can come up with?

He started on fire today, -4 thru 5. Cooled a bit, still -4 thru 8

-28 is the PGA scoring record for a par 72 or lower.

Ernie holds the outright at -31 on a par 73.

JT holds the outright strokes record at 253 on a par 70.

-31 for DJ would tie both records - -32 will break both.

And yeah, this course is embarrassingly easy. 

12 minutes ago, StruggleBus said:

Was it though? Outside of DJ the scores were fairly standard this week.

So outside of the guy that just set the PGA tour scoring record over 72 holes? That says nothing about the course to you?

And the other scores were definitely on the low side for a tourney. 23 guys finished at least 12 under. Scheffler carded a 59 on Friday.

36 minutes ago, htown85 said:

You could say the same for DJ

Shit... they just said Rory has missed 7 putts inside 8 feet. Give him 5/7 of those and he's 2 shots clear right now. No way DJ has been that poor from that distance. 

I mean he's probably one of the best 10? tee-to-green players ever. Just cannot put anything in the hole. 

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

Shit... they just said Rory has missed 7 putts inside 8 feet. Give him 5/7 of those and he's 2 shots clear right now. No way DJ has been that poor from that distance. 

I mean he's probably one of the best 10? tee-to-green players ever. Just cannot put anything in the hole. 

DJ has  left a few.  Their games are similar...when they are hitting it on line they are just on another level due to the distance they get off the tee.

1 minute ago, htown85 said:

DJ has  left a few.  Their games are similar...when they are hitting it on line they are just on another level due to the distance they get off the tee.

Agreed. I think DJ right now is a better putter though. Rory might be a better shot-maker/more creative.

Rory dropping f bombs left and right. Just can't beleive none of these putts are going in and I don't blame him. I've never seen so many close makes from 15+ feet not drop. 

DJ already putting for eagle on #1. Scheffler carded a 66 today - I beleive he will be in the top 10 next week. 

Course playing real hard. Again.