2019-2020 PGA Tour

Lurch

15 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

5 fairways for tiger today. Shoots 76 and probably misses the cut. Looked like the back was acting up. 

It was a bad day for Tiger, maybe even worse news for him is that IMO it is likely that afternoon plays no better and the cutline moves to +3 and Tiger does play the weekend.

Interesting leaderboard. Hughes continues to play well. Seems like the contenders are pretty much set already heading into the weekend unless a couple of guys around even can go low today. Rory at 7 back is almost interesting but that seems like a bit much to overcome. Who knows what the fuck Spieth will do. Would be fun if he could hang around a bit and pick up a few strokes today.

I rewound it and watched it, that ball wasn't even close to being in.  A buncha bs from DeChambeau...what if it was a white post?  Well Mickelson hit from the other side at Bay Hill...  The smaller posts don't even reach to the ground, how could you possibly interpret that to be the line?

Yeah, no shit they guy makes himself not likeable. Wish the media would stop acting like he's some freak of nature who's changing the game. He had help getting that big and before him a long list of big hitters who couldnt do shit other than bomb it. Daly was the only exception because he had the best hands in the game,  unbelievable touch around the greens. Bryson putts like he's got his driver stuck up his ass. 

4 hours ago, Dewey said:

Yeah, no shit they guy makes himself not likeable. Wish the media would stop acting like he's some freak of nature who's changing the game. He had help getting that big and before him a long list of big hitters who couldnt do shit other than bomb it. Daly was the only exception because he had the best hands in the game,  unbelievable touch around the greens. Bryson putts like he's got his driver stuck up his ass. 

I’m not a Bryson fan but you’re minimizing what he’s doing. 6 wins and likely majors to follow. The control he has at his ball/swing speed with the driver is fantastic. 

He probably won’t win a US Open, but he’ll win plenty of other majors.

Edited by StruggleBus

13 hours ago, StruggleBus said:

I’m not a Bryson fan but you’re minimizing what he’s doing. 6 wins and likely majors to follow. The control he has at his ball/swing speed with the driver is fantastic. 

He probably won’t win a US Open, but he’ll win plenty of other majors.

That psycho doesn't have it mentally to win a major. Proved it yesterday.

Speaking of psychos, Jordan actually has had his shit together this week. He wasn't complaining when he got in trouble, just played solid golf. Needs more of that.

1 minute ago, Pam Cummings said:

Speaking of psychos, Jordan actually has had his shit together this week. He wasn't complaining when he got in trouble, just played solid golf. Needs more of that.

We’ll see about Jordan. I’d like to see him play well on a Sunday 

1 minute ago, StruggleBus said:

We’ll see about Jordan. I’d like to see him play well on a Sunday 

I'm hoping he keeps it under control this weekend. He could use a good finish.

Also, another thing about Bryson is his wedges. Christina Kim yesterday was talking about how it doesn't quite make sense to her to have the single length on his wedges given the variety of shots you play with those clubs. Especially seeing as how he's bombing the ball to within weird chipping ranges on a lot of par 4s now.

He should definitely experiment with that.

17 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

I'm hoping he keeps it under control this weekend. He could use a good finish.

Also, another thing about Bryson is his wedges. Christina Kim yesterday was talking about how it doesn't quite make sense to her to have the single length on his wedges given the variety of shots you play with those clubs. Especially seeing as how he's bombing the ball to within weird chipping ranges on a lot of par 4s now.

He should definitely experiment with that.

Relatedly, I think Christina Kim is doing a really good job. Really good insight from a players mentality, and has a good feel for the mic. She still talks too much, but I think this is only her second week on the broadcast? She'll continue to improve.

1 hour ago, Pam Cummings said:

Yeah, I don’t believe that. He’s won big tournaments on the tour already. He also has a US Am and NCAA title. The list of guys that have done that is short and pretty damn distinguished. He’s a douche though. 

1 hour ago, Pam Cummings said:

How anyone is saying he's never going to win a major is beyond me. He's 26, has the 3rd most wins on tour since his first in 2017 (I believe he's 2nd only to DJ and JT - correct me if wrong), and won the US Am and NCAA individual in the same season. Sure he's struggled in majors and he's a neurotic fucking headcase but it's golf. Crazier motherfuckers than Bryson have won majors.

• Like 1