2019-2020 PGA Tour

Lurch

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

How anyone is saying he's never going to win a major is beyond me. He's 26, has the 3rd most wins on tour since his first in 2017 (I believe he's 2nd only to DJ and JT - correct me if wrong), and won the US Am and NCAA individual in the same season. Sure he's struggled in majors and he's a neurotic fucking headcase but it's golf. Crazier motherfuckers than Bryson have won majors.

Well the poster i was responding to said that he will win "plenty" of majors, which i found pretty laughable because majors are obviously way harder to win.

He hasn't done a thing yet in a major championship. The big drives are great when he can get away with the huge miss but that just isn't gonna happen in the majors and i seriously just don't think he has the all around game to win one. If he does it will be a PGA.

I'd put money on a guy like Patrick Cantlay or Daniel Berger bagging a major before Bryson can sniff one.

Edited by Pam Cummings

3 hours ago, capnamerca said:

Relatedly, I think Christina Kim is doing a really good job. Really good insight from a players mentality, and has a good feel for the mic. She still talks too much, but I think this is only her second week on the broadcast? She'll continue to improve.

Looks like she slimmed down some. Still very rude 

4 hours ago, Pam Cummings said:

Well the poster i was responding to said that he will win "plenty" of majors, which i found pretty laughable because majors are obviously way harder to win.

He hasn't done a thing yet in a major championship. The big drives are great when he can get away with the huge miss but that just isn't gonna happen in the majors and i seriously just don't think he has the all around game to win one. If he does it will be a PGA.

I'd put money on a guy like Patrick Cantlay or Daniel Berger bagging a major before Bryson can sniff one.

I think I tend to agree with you. You win majors chipping and putting. Bryson is decent with the putter but objectively bad from 100 in. I just don't see how he can adjust lie angles and what not with his hands and arms with a lob or gap wedge that is the length of a 7 iron. And the stats show he can't. 

Its an interesting experiment and it's paying off in the long game but he sure makes himself tough to like. 

He might win a major or two, or he might overthink himself out of it. He's like the opposite of DJ. DJ is too dumb to win, Bryson might be too smart to win one. 

Koepka is the only one that has proved his major approach is the new way. Not sure how he can keep it up... not giving a fuck about anything but majors, but until it doesn't work, that's the blueprint. 

Right now I would lay my money on Rahm making the next spieth type run over the next few years. 

11 minutes ago, pops said:

I think I tend to agree with you. You win majors chipping and putting. Bryson is decent with the putter but objectively bad from 100 in. I just don't see how he can adjust lie angles and what not with his hands and arms with a lob or gap wedge that is the length of a 7 iron. And the stats show he can't. 

Its an interesting experiment and it's paying off in the long game but he sure makes himself tough to like. 

He might win a major or two, or he might overthink himself out of it. He's like the opposite of DJ. DJ is too dumb to win, Bryson might be too smart to win one. 

Koepka is the only one that has proved his major approach is the new way. Not sure how he can keep it up... not giving a fuck about anything but majors, but until it doesn't work, that's the blueprint. 

Right now I would lay my money on Rahm making the next spieth type run over the next few years. 

Eh. At least Bryson can close. Rahm hasn't shown that ability yet, even though he's been better in majors. (Yes I realize he's leading right now - this win would be huge for him)

13 minutes ago, pops said:

The whole Koepka “not giving a fuck about non-majors” seems like bullshit to me. 

Hopefully Brooks can pull his head out of his ass. I like him but his game is absolute trash right now. He looks like me out there double crossing iron shots on the regular.

It’s a pleasure watching a tournament where the course doesn’t reward just the bomb and gougers.

These courses don’t have to make themselves a mile longer, shrink the fairways, grow penal rough, speed up the greens, tough pins and make these guys hit every shot not just a driver and wedge.

10 hours ago, Pam Cummings said:

I'm hoping he keeps it under control this weekend. He could use a good finish.

Also, another thing about Bryson is his wedges. Christina Kim yesterday was talking about how it doesn't quite make sense to her to have the single length on his wedges given the variety of shots you play with those clubs. Especially seeing as how he's bombing the ball to within weird chipping ranges on a lot of par 4s now.

He should definitely experiment with that.

She's just repeating what Faldo and all the other announcers have been saying for weeks.

2 hours ago, ztejas said:

Eh. At least Bryson can close. Rahm hasn't shown that ability yet, even though he's been better in majors. (Yes I realize he's leading right now - this win would be huge for him)

I dont disagree..i just think he looks like he might be ready to turn a corner... even though he has 9 wins (3 pga and 6 euro). 

I really want to like bryson... he's a pony like both of us.... he just makes it so fucking hard. 

15 hours ago, Mileslong said:

It’s a pleasure watching a tournament where the course doesn’t reward just the bomb and gougers.

These courses don’t have to make themselves a mile longer, shrink the fairways, grow penal rough, speed up the greens, tough pins and make these guys hit every shot not just a driver and wedge.

and then listen to the players bitch.  to which i say, good.  let 'em cry. 

they can threaten not to play these tourneys all they want, but if each tournament took the Memorial's approach, what are the pros gonna do?  not play?  it's like making par a good score is somehow offensive to these guys.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

I don’t see Rahm fucking this up. Congrats on being the new #1 

There's so much golf to play on the toughest course iteration so far this year. 6 shot lead is huge but a couple of bird/bog swings and it will get interesting.

14 minutes ago, ztejas said:

There's so much golf to play on the toughest course iteration so far this year. 6 shot lead is huge but a couple of bird/bog swings and it will get interesting.

8 up now, just finish out with a 7iron and putter 

Edited by tx 3 putt

3 hours ago, StruggleBus said:

Not that it shouldn’t be a penalty, but that happens in literally every round on the tour and rarely gets called. 

still was a bit Reed-ish from Rahm.  when you play golf as much as a guy like that you absolutely saw it move.  that first move pushing hard down on the club that near the ball was to improve the path the club would take to the ball.  not saying other guys don't do it but its against the rules.  they fairly penalized him and he won fair and square but he's supposed to call that on himself.