2019-2020 PGA Tour

Lurch

On 8/5/2020 at 10:37 AM, LTtxfan said:

Collin Morikawa played at Cal... should be very familiar with conditions this week.

Also most European players should handle the colder, wet conditions well too.

Morikawa is FOR REAL...

CM is the WINNER of The PGA CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

Dang...    Collin Morikawa 35-1 odds

Edited by LTtxfan

7 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

capt obvious https://golf.com/instruction/david-duval-jordan-spieth-2020-pga-championship-downfall/

imo, his issues are much deeper than 'chasing distance' 

I do believe Spieth has gotten way too technical.  He might need to try working on playing with more feel and fun...

Great quote in above article:  On-course analyst Colt Knost said that “the wheels are just kind of falling off for Jordan Spieth right now,” in part because he’s gone “full technical” with his game.

https://golf.com/instruction/driving/brendan-todd-golf-coach-brad-hughes/

Nice discussion in this article things done to improve Brendon Todd's golf mental issues:  

Managing information flow

What had been holding Brendon back over the past few years? There were two major components. One was mental and the other was technical. The mental component was the result of Todd spending too much time in fancy teaching facilities. He had spent years on Trackman trying to hit all of the right parameters, but this led to a big problem. As Todd said himself, he had begun to “paint with numbers”. He intellectually understood what coaches were telling him and what numbers he was supposed to be hitting, but he couldn’t intrinsically feel it. His golf swing was beginning to feel external. So Hughes stopped talking about numbers and began talking about “feels.”  

Hughes loves terms like “pressures” rather than telling Brendon specific positions in which to put the club. They were not only building a swing that would get Brendon contending again but building something that would stand up under pressure. If you are playing a numbers game or placing the club in “perfect” positions it is unlikely to work when under the pump. Getting in your body and feeling your “feels” will.

Edited by LTtxfan

Wyndham Championship this week, last event to get into the Fed Ex playoffs; yes I had to look it all up because of the screwy season that is COVID PGA 2020

Next week (8/20-23) is playoff week 1 - Northern Trust @ TPC Boston, field is the top 125 players in FedEx points
Then (8/27-30) it is the BMW Championship @ Olympia Fields (Chicago)
Finally (9/4-7) Tour Championship @ East Lake (Atlanta) (still doing that "stupid" handicap system - WF opinion) $15 million to the winner

Players 120-130 in FedEx (on the cusp of falling out or making it into the Northern Trust
120 Tom Lewis
121 Si Woo Kim
122 Fabian Gomez
123 Bo Hoag
124 Russell Knox
125 Charl Schwartzel
126 Bronson Burgoon
127 Charles Sieffert
128 Zach Johnson
129 Kyle Stanley 
130 Shane Lowry

others of note that need to play well to get into the playoffs
134  Sergio
135  Jhonny Vegas
179  Furyk (too bad his Sr Tour win didn't count towards FedEx points)
191  Francesco Molinari

Jordan is at 94 - so he need to do something in the next couple of weeks to play in the BMW....and let's not even consider East Lake

This isn’t pro golf, but the US Amateur is taking place at Bandon Dunes. Holy shit. Utterly spectacular course. I played there in 2003. Shot an 83. Back then, I was decent. 

It looks even more amazing on tv. I need to get back there. When I played, there were only 2 courses. Now there are several more. 

11 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

This isn’t pro golf, but the US Amateur is taking place at Bandon Dunes. Holy shit. Utterly spectacular course. I played there in 2003. Shot an 83. Back then, I was decent. 

It looks even more amazing on tv. I need to get back there. When I played, there were only 2 courses. Now there are several more. 

It's matured quite nicely, been fortunate to visit and never gets old. With the addition of Sheep Ranch, very tough to beat as a golf retreat.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

This is more brutal. US Amateur round of 16. All square on 18. Caddie tested the sand and caused his player to lose the hole. And match. 

Wooooow. You're on TV bro. What the fuck are you doing?

Reasons why the right caddy is so important. This fuckstick is wearing his hat backwards too.

10 hours ago, Jive Turkey said:

This US Am is awesome. 

Where did you watch it? I was trying to find it all weekend. From the scorecard it looked like a zinger. 

Wish Osborne had've pulled it out but oh well. Crazy that neither guy was seeded in the top 25 and the winner was what, 47th?

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

Where did you watch it? I was trying to find it all weekend. From the scorecard it looked like a zinger. 

Wish Osborne had've pulled it out but oh well. Crazy that neither guy was seeded in the top 25 and the winner was what, 47th?

It was on the Golf Channel. Every night at 6 pm. Commercial free. It was bad ass. 

The seeding is based on the stroke play to qualify into the match play. Nothing to do with am rankings.

On 8/13/2020 at 10:03 PM, ztejas said:

Wooooow. You're on TV bro. What the fuck are you doing?

Reasons why the right caddy is so important. This fuckstick is wearing his hat backwards too.

21 hours ago, Deej said:

Aren't caddies assigned in that event? 

CSB -when I was a kid my first job was a caddie at the local country club; some of the members would play in the city tournaments. One year I'm looping for a Dr. playing a semi-final match in the City Championship against a guy how has his buddy on his bag - think of Happy Gilmores caddie. The other guy doesn't make a bogey all day, but his caddie holds the pin while he is chipping and leaves in in the hole when he makes a chip for a birdie, which would have won the hole, but rules say he loses the hole. 
Opponent doesn't know that rule, so we have to wait for the club pro to make a ruling - my guy ends up winning on the 20th hole, and goes on to win the tourney.
Why I remember this so well is that it was a par 3, and we were waiving other groups up while we waited for a ruling - up hill par 3, and I got hit in the ankle with a low runner/hopper as we were waiting around ...... the group hitting up was very apologetic, it hurt like hell as it hit right on the bone, but Doc told them I was fine. Got a nice tip for the day, for the injury and winning the match.

2 hours ago, Wally Fairway said:

Then a 3-putt bogey from 6ft (if shot tracker is right) - Jordan doing Jordan things

The above info is not correct, Jordan only 2 putted from 6ft - there was a 35 yard second shot out of the rough that left him 115 to the hole...he put that to 6ft.
Still 5 birdies and an eagle, offset by 3 bogies and a double...looks like my kind of round where I find a birdie, a few pars, some bogies and then othes and on 16 tee I'm hoping to to find a way to break 80

1 minute ago, Wally Fairway said:

The above info is not correct, Jordan only 2 putted from 6ft - there was a 35 yard second shot out of the rough that left him 115 to the hole...he put that to 6ft.
Still 5 birdies and an eagle, offset by 3 bogies and a double...looks like my kind of round where I find a birdie, a few pars, some bogies and then othes and on 16 tee I'm hoping to to find a way to break 80

And then you hook 2 OB and shoot a smooth 85

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

Bryson being dickish again. He really wants to be liked but just doesn’t know how  It’s like he has some type of functional autism  

He should stop attempting to be liked and embrace the villain role, he's perfect for it. P.Reed sucks at being the villain although winning the Masters makes him forever part of that team, his documented history & wife only cements it but there is nothing fun about watching him play. 

Bryson and Jordan are the two best guys to watch on Tour IMO. You just can't predict what they'll do, here's JS card from yesterday.