2019-2020 PGA Tour

Lurch

20 minutes ago, bigup2dahorns said:

For over a year. Did you just wake up from a long nap?

I was making a joke because when I read (or didn't read) the tweet I didn't pay attention to the fact that he said Tuesday, so I thought the author was mixing up his first shot on Thursday with a photo from a practice round.

Brain wasn't firing on all cylinders this morning.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

He needs to calm the fuck down. His demeanor is conducive to a Duval-like career. I’m really worried about him. He can’t play anymore and he’s a nervous tick wreck. Watching him drives me bonkers. He is hard to root for. 

His play was comical last year. Maybe the break was good for him. He's hanging in there at -2 right now, but he hasn't strung together 4 good rounds in what seems like forever.

1 hour ago, Dr. Beeper said:

He needs to calm the fuck down. His demeanor is conducive to a Duval-like career. I’m really worried about him. He can’t play anymore and he’s a nervous tick wreck. Watching him drives me bonkers. He is hard to root for. 

Duval-like? He’s already had a better career than Duval. Are you predicting injury and the tv booth?

13 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Gotta Love Kisner...

That fatass in the glasses has a terrible swing. A couple of the other guys must have been pretty good. I would think 3 or so 8-10 handicap golfers could beat most pros playing best ball - at least tee to green. But if you have a pro that's driving it 320 and draining putts from 15 feet then it probably barely matters how many decent ams you throw at him. Playing like Rory or DJ would be a fucking problem.

20 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

2020 has fucked us enough, it can at least give us a jordan/rory pairing sunday afternoon.

and spieth with the double...

That's the last thing Spieth needs (playing with Rory)

Edited by ztejas

1 hour ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Thought he and JT were buddies with Rory?  

Spieth has done nothing but get in his own head the past few years. Not sure trying to win his first tournament since 2017 playing with the clear cut best player in the world right now would benefit him.  Especially since Rory has like 20 yards off the tee on him - he'd be hitting first on every hole.

24 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Spieth has done nothing but get in his own head the past few years. Not sure trying to win his first tournament since 2017 playing with the clear cut best player in the world right now would benefit him.  Especially since Rory has like 20 yards off the tee on him - he'd be hitting first on every hole.

Having only two Par 5's at Colonial does improve Jordan's chances to compete with Rory this weekend...

34 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Colonial is an old school golf course, not really a place to overpower. Not to mention he’s played there a considerable amount more than RM.

30 minutes ago, Revolution512 said:

Colonial is an old school golf course, not really a place to overpower.

There's only a few holes where that's the case (aside from the par 3s obviously). Rory on the day had drives of 341, 334, 322, 305, 314, 324, 305, 304, and 319. 

I stand by my comment. I'm not sure he wants to play with Rory regardless, especially when he's likely to be hitting first on half the course. 

But if he's going to get the monkey off his back he might as well do it in a big way.

Stand by that all you want.

It can be argued that no one has had more success at Colonial over the past few years than Jordan Spieth. In seven starts, he has a win (2016), two runner-up finishes and a pair of other top-10s. Twenty-one of his 28 rounds at Colonial have been in the 60s. Of players with at least a dozen rounds in the Charles Schwab Challenge over the last 30 years, Spieth’s scoring average leads all players (67.8).

10 hours ago, Revolution512 said:

He will rack up the world ranking points.

You're a fucking trip man. Maybe Spieth wins this weekend - and I'm not rooting against him - but I have plenty of reason to question his ability to close out tournaments - especially against a strong leaderboard. 

11 hours ago, Revolution512 said:

Rory is the most talented player tee to green, that’s not new. He will rack up the world ranking points. But he doesn’t strike fear in a single player on tour IMO

Lulz. He is the single most feared player on tour and it’s not particularly close. 

Montgomerie bringing up some interesting talking points:

“It’s great to see athleticism in the game, but to see him carrying 330 yards in the air and with the bounce you are up to 350, 360? This is getting unreal, something we haven’t seen before, a whole new game we are beginning to witness.

“On Friday, Bryson had 10 holes on which he was within 100 yards of the green for his approach. And if you include the four par threes that means there were only four holes on which Bryson was more than 100 yards away for his approach. The game has changed dramatically. It’s now brute force and a sand-wedge.”

Montgomerie believes the “time has come” for the USGA and the R&A to act.

They jointly released a report in February that deduced that the increase in hitting distances and course yardages “is detrimental to the game’s long-term future” Neither the USGA nor the R&A has provided any solutions, but are currently evaluating potential options.

“I’m an advocate of what Jack Nicklaus proposes – a tournament ball for professionals, that goes only 80 to 85 per cent as far,” Montgomerie said.

“The time has come, because we can’t be building courses at 10,000 yards.

“We haven’t the money or the space and there are the obvious ecological reasons. A tournament ball would be a massive step, because of that term “bifurcation” [professionals playing different rules to amateurs]. Yet haven’t we reached that stage, now? We’ve seen at Colonial that something has to be done or these classic courses cannot be used.” 

I think it's a fair argument. You have multiple guys on tour now averaging over 315. We can't just indefinitely stretch courses out to keep everything par 72.