Eagles not showing up to practice

Pancho

Just now, Valmy77 said:

Playing time? He has played quite a bit.

I bet they're trying to teach Jake the Z to quell his issues and are in turn pissing off Eagles. Mehringer probably went off at him in practice too. If they don't get this figured out, next year's starting WRs go from whoever separates at X/Smith/Eagles to whoever separates at X/whoever would have backed them up/probably whittington, but maybe some Freshman. 

This is going well.

1 minute ago, Cashcar said:

It is rather well documented that Drew Mehringer is a douche. CDC needs to ensure Herman get's this fucking staff properly setup in the offseason. If Herman won't do that, it's time to shopping...

After year 3 we’re looking at another rebuild. The chances of that actually succeeding are incredibly small.

3 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

After year 3 we’re looking at another rebuild. The chances of that actually succeeding are incredibly small.

Replacing assistant coaches is not a rebuild, or Alabama is in rebuild mode on a regular basis.

The context for how that goes though...it is hard to hire good people from a position of weakness. 

Edited by Valmy77
  • Like 2

Just now, Cashcar said:

There is an option available that can succeed and fix all this shit. Urban. However, he comes with some baggage. At this point, I really don't give a fuck. Tired of seeing this program be a heaping pile of dogshit. 

You make Saban tell you no.*

*just wanted to know what it felt like to type that.

we’re fucked, again. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Valmy77 said:

Replacing assistant coaches is not a rebuild, or Alabama is in rebuild mode on a regular basis.

The context for how that goes though...it is hard to hire good people from a position of weakness. 

Partially true. 

Nick Saban has a system and brings in the coaches that fit his system.  Tom has to hire coaches that fit his system, not his buddies that need paychecks. 

• Like 2

Eagles is a nice player who makes deep catches but he has a ton of developing to do to. Jake Smith is not as fast asI thought he would be and his fumbled punt was ridiculous. These kids need to grow up in a developing toughlove culture and work through adversity. I think they will.

Coming up next, the Touchdown Brothers will be talking with Justin Montemayor.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NWAustinDude said:

Eagles is a nice player who makes deep catches but he has a ton of developing to do to. Jake Smith is not as fast asI thought he would be and his fumbled punt was ridiculous. These kids need to grow up in a developing toughlove culture and work through adversity. I think they will.

Coming up next, the Touchdown Brothers will be talking with Justin Montemayor.

A freshman and sophomore are not complete players yet? Big, if true.

• Like 1

What I worry about it Herman bringing the hammer at the wrong time.  He's puckered up so tight you couldn't get a greased BB up his ass.  We saw this with Mack during the OU games and at the end of his tenure.  

There is a time for this.  There is also a time to stop beating up the players and find a way to galvanize them.  You can only take things to a "10" so many times before they tune you out or leave.  In times like this, kids look to their leaders.  So lead them.  Teach them.  Fucking coach them.  

• Like 9

16 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

If arrogance was an issue then they'd have checked out long ago. 

Arrogance works when you're winning. 

For all of Tom's arrogance, he's 1-3 against OU, needed a walk-off FG against Kansas, has some horrendously stupid losses in 3 seasons, his assistants suck and there's no accountability with them, and his team's defense is historically the worst in school history. 

• Like 4

Just now, Js1 said:

For all of Tom's arrogance, he's 1-3 against OU, needed a walk-off FG against Kansas, has some horrendously stupid losses in 3 seasons, his assistants suck and there's no accountability with them, and his team's defense is historically the worst in school history. 

Is that all you got?

Just now, Js1 said:

Well, yeah...besides all that...

11 minutes ago, Cashcar said:

But we sold out season tickets in August. Don't kid yourself into thinking winning big is the ultimate goal.

1.  They sold out because people thought that based on year 2 results we were poised for winning big in year 3.  Plus, LSU was on the home schedule.

2.  Get a grip.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Js1 said:

giphy.gif

48 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Oh look, the Alabama comparison!

They are not the only one. I just brought it up because it is well known. I guess I should have known it would get sarcastic sneering.

Though I guess these days everybody is bringing up Clemson to show that continuity works, but the reason that is brought up is because it is not that usual.

So I don't think dumping a few coordinators is really a rebuild. That was all I was saying, I apologize for mentioning Bama.

54 minutes ago, Cashcar said:

There is an option available that can succeed and fix all this shit. Urban. However, he comes with some baggage. At this point, I really don't give a fuck. Tired of seeing this program be a heaping pile of dogshit. 

He wants the Cowboys job.

No.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Cashcar said:

The past decade seems to indicate Texas is not invested in fielding a top 5 or top 10 program nationally. I'll give CDC the benefit of the doubt for now, since he was not part of the historical ineptitude of Belmont. However, if he allows the bullshit of late to keep dragging on I'll be rather disappointed. 

The historical ineptitude was because we had a horrible AD in Deloss Dodds followed by a complete management disaster. It really is just one guy who was allowed to stay there forever.

Fuck it pisses me off they named  that road after him so I have to be reminded of his garbage tenure and endless failures everytime I go by the stadium. He increased the money but...so did everybody in sports from 1982  until 2014.

• Like 3