Eagles not showing up to practice

Pancho

45 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

I look at it as CDC is running an organization of which Herman is a leader of a division. Herman has a job to do running said division, part of this job is hiring the right staff of leaders in order to "run the business/hit the number"

Right now Herman has a group completely missing the number at a historic clip. I would hope CDC after watching a multi week train wreck would be in Herman's ear along lines of "hey, if this can can't fix this you will need to make a change" Especially when you are looking at other key indicators in potential decommits of recruits, discontent by key donors when a SEZ construction project is underway etc. Texas just sold record season tix this year, if that drops off back to CS era numbers that is a problem CDC has to deal with.

CDC is CEO, time to do some CEO shit.

but but but, think about the kids

Can we freak out about the confluence of defensive players decomitting and the defense being historically bad while clearly misusing talent, and players not getting what they were probably sold at recruiting time (pt)?

Eagles is a starter next year. Figure it out.

• Like 1

Herman is a real assshat for bringing back Meh. He has had issues with players since he's been here. Eagles and Smith are first class kids, so you know Meh had to do some fucked up shit to cause this. Samples has SMU's receivers running, blocking and catching better than our guys. Why was it so hard for Herman to just promote him and get rid of the cancer who couldn't close on a 5 star Lake Travis kid.

• Like 1

I was about to make a comment about not giving a shit whether or not he leaves because the transfer portal will bring us the talent to fill in the void but then I remembered Bru McCoy. Of course the wide out who has the highest drop rate is the one allegedly complaining about playing time....

Had a family member of one of the players tell me on good authority there is another player who is about fed up with his playing time and the rotation at his position and will be looking around soon. You won’t have to think hard either as to what side of the ball it’s on.

Why is always the punters bitching about playing time?
  • Like 1

Had a family member of one of the players tell me on good authority there is another player who is about fed up with his playing time and the rotation at his position and will be looking around soon. You won’t have to think hard either as to what side of the ball it’s on.
Either say who it is or don’t submit posts like this. 

Non zero chance this is the same person. If not, y'all should have a battle royale for the username.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

52 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

sounds like we can both agree our situation is nothing like Bama's.

My point was never that our situation was like Bama. I am sorry it was taken that way, my fault. It was only that changing out assistant coaches doesn't have to be a big deal.

5 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

My point was never that our situation was like Bama. I am sorry it was taken that way, my fault. It was only that changing out assistant coaches doesn't have to be a big deal.

Well but it’s a huge deal if you’re Tom Herman right now. I started a thread a couple of weeks ago asking folks what they thought our 2020 staff would look like because it seems like a huge deal.

To me, it feels like whatever decisions he makes with regards to his staff this offseason will dictate his fate here. Counterpoint to that could be that he isn’t “the guy” and re-building his staff is a re-arranging if the deck chairs on the Titanic type thing.

i don’t know yet, but things don’t seem good right now and I don’t envy the position Herman is in currently.

2 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Listening to the OB podcast (I know....I know...) and it sounds like the the Jake Smith stuff is over, there seemed to be a consensus. Fat ketch lamented Eagles diva attitude in the recruiting process when they talked about that situation, but they didn't present any new info.

Sounds like the kid told Ketch to fuck off.

i guess I’m rooting for the kid whatever he chooses to do in life.

1 minute ago, UTEX_ME said:

did anyone actually think this?

I don't know.  I certainly hoped to win the big12.  That's still a possibility but seems unrealistic at this point.  There are certainly posters who thought we could beat LSU and OU if you do that you are squarely in the mix for a playoff run.

4 minutes ago, UTEX_ME said:

did anyone actually think this?

hopeful about it, yes.  Was still hopeful after LSU.  No longer hopeful after OU.  Now we've gone to seething because we almost lost to Kansas although if I had to guess the team was way down because they, too, were still hopeful about a playoff run.  Then we lost a recruit and then the Eagles noise.  Fan base is barely hanging on 

37 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Well but it’s a huge deal if you’re Tom Herman right now. I started a thread a couple of weeks ago asking folks what they thought our 2020 staff would look like because it seems like a huge deal.

To me, it feels like whatever decisions he makes with regards to his staff this offseason will dictate his fate here. Counterpoint to that could be that he isn’t “the guy” and re-building his staff is a re-arranging if the deck chairs on the Titanic type thing.

i don’t know yet, but things don’t seem good right now and I don’t envy the position Herman is in currently.

yep but to be fair Charlie was the Titanic..I would consider Herman more like the Estonia

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

yep but to be fair Charlie was the Titanic..I would consider Herman more like the Estonia

That's unfair to the Titanic.

The Titanic was doing fine until it hit that iceberg. Charlie was never doing fine. If we're looking for naval analogies to him, we need to find some ship that sunk at its launching.