Eagles not showing up to practice

Pancho

We played like shit and were within 7 points of the best teams in CFB

Our entire back end of the D is injured. LBs are injured. Our best lineman missed half of each of the last two games. What remains of the entire defense is inexperienced.

Football is a man's game and we have a bunch of boys trying to play it. 

Y'all knew it was going to be a rough D with no injuries. We were beset with catastrophic injuries.

What concerns me more is the offense. There is talent on the line. There is talent at RB. There is more than enough talent at WR and QB.

What the fuck are we doing out there?

3 minutes ago, Augustus said:

I know you're kidding, but one of the most humorous things I observe perusing numerous cfb message boards is how each fan base really believes they're fundamentally different from the rest.

Message board folks are the most fanatical of the fanatics and if you removed any reference to the specific teams/schools, you couldn't tell them apart.

It's almost formulaic.  The refs are biased against us/in favor of our rivals/opponents.  The announcers hate us and love the other team.  The other fans are, in every instance, "delusional."  If we lose a recruit, the other school doled out the cash. If we get a blue chip commit, it was totally above board, because 18yr old kids will happily turn down bags full of money for the opportunity to play at our school.  De-commits are good news, because he's a cancer/wasn't talented/we didn't want him anyway.  Decommits are also low character guys who don't keep their word, unless they flip to us, in which case they're stand up kids.  Your 3 stars are bread.  Our 3 stars are GREAT EVALUATIONS!

I could go on all night, but my all time personal favorite, witnessed on every single game thread on every forum, especially surly:  The other team is constantly allowed to get away with egregious holding on every play.

It’s like you’ve never seen OU play football.  Who the fuck is this fucking guy?

7 hours ago, Junior Miller said:

Herman needs to do a wholesale evaluation of his coaching staff, but firing guys midseason only works if you have someone competent to step in. Not sure who's fault it is for Eagles missing practice and Smith acting like a typical 18 yr old freshman with jitters. Although late October is usually the time when freshmen start to get very accustomed to their new surroundings and stop feeling homesick unless they're socially isolated which I can't see how a football starter would be. 

Ricky Williams got homesick about this time his freshman year... It happens.

4 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

The Bama model is contingent on one side of the ball being without fault. Saban has the defense on lock, it doesn't change. It's Saban's defense and he runs it. At Texas, neither side of the ball is on lock. Herman could lock down the offense, if he permanently took over play calling, but he doesn't want to do it. 

I don't know that that's necessarily true. He seems like a guy with who knows a lot in the ways of offensive concepts and wrinkles but I don't know that he has a concrete philosophy, scheme, vision, call it what you want, that he would implement with great success if only he was so inclined.  

6 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

no one expected to make a playoff run.

we did have full confidence in continual improvement from a great campaign last year.

never in anyone's wildest dreams did we believe it was possible to have the worst defense in the entire country.

falling off a cliff can't be glossed over or finessed.  and that's what's got us pissed off.  therm had better be laying down the law with orlando this week.  no double covered refs.  no sky coverage against jumbo packages.  no bullshit at all.   play straight up 4 men down, man with safety help.  we might actually stop someone.  simble.  basic.  defense.

SO much this, and I would also add that if these steps are taken and NOTHING ELSE...just watch how the tackling magically improves.  Bring back Gerg.

4 hours ago, Nueces River Rat said:

We are full of meltdowns on here since the OU loss.   

And God help us if we lose Saturday.  

maybe that is the sign that the team should touch before going out to the field.  Our version of "be a Champion today!"

11 hours ago, Cashcar said:

The past decade seems to indicate Texas is not invested in fielding a top 5 or top 10 program nationally. I'll give CDC the benefit of the doubt for now, since he was not part of the historical ineptitude of Belmont. However, if he allows the bullshit of late to keep dragging on I'll be rather disappointed. 

Somebody cares because significant $$$$$$$ being spent, but w/o accountability or performance expectations. That’s the paradox. 

4 hours ago, Augustus said:

I know you're kidding, but one of the most humorous things I observe perusing numerous cfb message boards is how each fan base really believes they're fundamentally different from the rest.

Message board folks are the most fanatical of the fanatics and if you removed any reference to the specific teams/schools, you couldn't tell them apart.

if you try and dress me in a uniform and squeeze my nuts you are getting punched in the fucking face I don't care if we pull for the same team

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Still.Texas said:

There is a shot of Eagles on the sideline in the last episode of All-Access talking with Corby Meekins. Eagles is telling him he needs to back off the line of scrimmage based on what hes seeing from the CB, Meekins tells him to just work down field and read another player based on something Duvernay is doing. Eagles is clearly frustrated and not getting any answers, looking away and replying "ok, ok, alright". The exchange is a bit cut together but its a look into what the players are dealing with because of our dysfunctional coaching. Meekins has never coached WR before. Hes a high school OC, HC who was brought on by Tom to secure Ed Olivers commitment at UH, given TEs then moved to WR. He is coaching on the sideline bc Mehringer was moved to the box to assist Tim Beck in our play calling committee and continue his progression as Tom's protege. So Eagles has a technical question about what he can do in response to how a CB is covering him. Meekins gives him no advice and instead hits him with how the scheme is designed and what his job is within the scheme. I can see this playing out on both sides of the ball. Players identifying technical issues they're facing, seeking advice and getting scheme regurgitated to them because the coach lacks the technical expertise. This would be especially frustrating for young inexperienced players who have to wait to get the coaching they were searching for in the meeting room the following week, in the form of Mehrinnger lambasting their technique on film at the front of the room. 

What a money first post. 

• Like 1

lol case in point.

Ole Miss was cheating. OU has a history of cheating and covering for criminal elements/behavior. Baylor player were rapists. Penn State covered for a pedophile. Philly has a jail. Midwest teams like to burn couches.

Some fan bases are different. Some are more similar. Earth shattering stuff here.

Ole Miss was cheating. OU has a history of cheating and covering for criminal elements/behavior. Baylor player were rapists. Penn State covered for a pedophile. Philly has a jail. Midwest teams like to burn couches.

2015 Okie State Vs. Texas - I suppose you saw a well called ga,e there and it was not bias that caused the ref to run into a coach on purpose and then flag his team.

Some fan bases are different. Some are more similar. Earth shattering stuff here.

2015 Okie State games (and subsequent games) and the response by the conference. 17 effective time outs by LSU for a game. Malcom’s ejection vs the non calls by OU.

17 hours ago, gmr548 said:

A third of this site predicted 11+ regular season wins in the poll before the start of the season. 75-80 percent at 10+. So, yes.

I predicted 9-3, which was pessimistic relative to surly hive mind then, and now feels wildly optimistic.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Well honestly, all our problems were solved after the Sugar Bowl.

Holy shit read this thread from the start right up to Anwar’s tweet... we have an impressive collection of morons here.

You could take the Kansas game thread alone and see every single level of idiocy that the physiological community has recognized.

Every position coach should be fired, Sam is not a good QB, Herman should be fired, he can’t recruit, can’t keep players, can’t manage a game, too smug etc...

Every single player has been called out and sucks with one lone exception, Duvernay. If many people had their way on here he would be the only person left on this team, player or coach.
  • Like 2