Eagles not showing up to practice

Pancho

20 minutes ago, Fred Willard said:

So...did Eagles and Mensa hash things out? I assume there was a practice yesterday and the 9.95ers got the scoop.

Herman said Eagles missed one practice for personal reasons but was in good standing with the team.  Sounds like we got Anwar-ed again.

4 hours ago, Nivek said:

If I recall correctly, while Dodds was AD, Texas competed and earned National Championships in baseball, Football, went to the final 4 in Men’s Basketball, and the ladies teams were also fairly solid with some stars as well.

During this time Texas featured prominently in a movie or 3, and he struck a deal to get a Network for a single school that is well produced, and gets more games on TV.

What a failure.

Disagree.  The huge success at Texas started only after Dodds was pushed aside because of his terrible HC hires.  

19 hours ago, Still.Texas said:

There is a shot of Eagles on the sideline in the last episode of All-Access talking with Corby Meekins. Eagles is telling him he needs to back off the line of scrimmage based on what hes seeing from the CB, Meekins tells him to just work down field and read another player based on something Duvernay is doing. Eagles is clearly frustrated and not getting any answers, looking away and replying "ok, ok, alright". The exchange is a bit cut together but its a look into what the players are dealing with because of our dysfunctional coaching. Meekins has never coached WR before. Hes a high school OC, HC who was brought on by Tom to secure Ed Olivers commitment at UH, given TEs then moved to WR. He is coaching on the sideline bc Mehringer was moved to the box to assist Tim Beck in our play calling committee and continue his progression as Tom's protege. So Eagles has a technical question about what he can do in response to how a CB is covering him. Meekins gives him no advice and instead hits him with how the scheme is designed and what his job is within the scheme. I can see this playing out on both sides of the ball. Players identifying technical issues they're facing, seeking advice and getting scheme regurgitated to them because the coach lacks the technical expertise. This would be especially frustrating for young inexperienced players who have to wait to get the coaching they were searching for in the meeting room the following week, in the form of Mehrinnger lambasting their technique on film at the front of the room. 

You just hit the nail on the head

10 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

So, you think our success started in 2013 with the hiring of Steve Patterson? Are you a fucking idiot? 

That was a very strange comment.  Dodds did some good things for UT.  He was pretty good with the business of college sports.  He wasn't so good at managing coaching hires, but as I mentioned here or elsewhere, there have always been warring factions of moneyed alums trying to influence that, so it's a difficult task.  But the ones the alumni didn't try to influence (basketball, etc.), he fucked up often as not.  He got super lazy about running his department.

Probably his biggest contribution was the LHF, which was an attempt to get the moneyed alums out of the AD's hair, but also wound up very effectively monetizing the rest of us.

3 hours ago, Mileslong said:

You could take the Kansas game thread alone and see every single level of idiocy that the physiological community has recognized.

Every position coach should be fired, Sam is not a good QB, Herman should be fired, he can’t recruit, can’t keep players, can’t manage a game, too smug etc...

Every single player has been called out and sucks with one lone exception, Duvernay. If many people had their way on here he would be the only person left on this team, player or coach.

This x’s 100

Just now, TwiceHorn said:

That was a very strange comment.  Dodds did some good things for UT.  He was pretty good with the business of college sports.  He wasn't so good at managing coaching hires, but as I mentioned here or elsewhere, there have always been warring factions of moneyed alums trying to influence that, so it's a difficult task.  But the ones the alumni didn't try to influence (basketball, etc.), he fucked up often as not.  He got super lazy about running his department.

Probably his biggest contribution was the LHF, which was an attempt to get the moneyed alums out of the AD's hair, but also wound up very effectively monetizing the rest of us.

Dodds was  like the old CEO for a Fortune 500 who thought the balance sheet told the whole story, but the customers were trying to tell him you better change your ways or that same balance sheet is going to look like shit soon.   In our case, the balance sheet never took a hit and  hid the shit shows going on with Mack and to some extent with Barnes and Augie with their programs along with some of the gals programs.   Dodds should have retired in 2009 or 10.

1 hour ago, Nueces River Rat said:

Between this thread and the Tom showing his ass and forcing us to look at it thread,   I'm starting to think TexAgs consulted with a Russian Troll farm and decided to fuck with Surly.

We have to win solidly tomorrow or this place is going to go ape shit.

Life in the Fast Lane

Edited by clapclapclap
Surly makes you lose your mind
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Nueces River Rat said:

Between this thread and the Tom showing his ass and forcing us to look at it thread,   I'm starting to think TexAgs consulted with a Russian Troll farm and decided to fuck with Surly.

We have to win solidly tomorrow or this place is going to go ape shit.

Hell, I’ll take wins any way we can get them.  I know TO sucks, so if we win by one point the rest of the way then I will take it.  Not happening though.  8-4 looks likely.

2 hours ago, Nueces River Rat said:

Dodds was  like the old CEO for a Fortune 500 who thought the balance sheet told the whole story, but the customers were trying to tell him you better change your ways or that same balance sheet is going to look like shit soon.   In our case, the balance sheet never took a hit and  hid the shit shows going on with Mack and to some extent with Barnes and Augie with their programs along with some of the gals programs.   Dodds should have retired in 2009 or 10.

Sometimes the old ways are fine.   I recall new fangled adjustable interest rates and CDS were hot for a while,  Ken Lay and is team were so brilliant they were allowed to just report whatever they wanted and Elizabeth Holmes is showing a old, stale, male dominated industry how a bright young girl can become a game changer and disrupt a bunch of silly engineering and science limitations.    

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dahobbs said:

I don't think you have a fucking clue who Deloss Dodds is or when he was athletic director at Texas. Hint: 1981 to 2013. 

Dude.  I have been watching Texas sports since 1968.  Dodds was left in the position of AD but hiring decisions were removed from him because he sucked at it.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LTtxfan said:

Maybe just me, but having Eagles not play at all today seemed like an excessive punishment.

Herman holding Eagles out for a quarter, or even a half today would have made more sense...

He will learn his lesson in the transfer portal.

you know who won’t? Warehime. He will go home to his mansion and be like, man, I rock at my job. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Maybe just me, but having Eagles not play at all today seemed like an excessive punishment.

Herman holding Eagles out for a quarter, or even a half today would have made more sense...

Yeah, we’ve established Herman is a moron who’s lost his team/locker room.  Maybe OU will hire him when Riley goes to the Cowboys

5 minutes ago, Augustus said:

A kid who skips practice shouldn't have been on the sideline, shouldn't have traveled with the team.   Herman undermines himself and his staff by allowing both.

Not always as simple as your answer.  DKR is gone, CFB now has 85 scholarship limit, and Millennials sometimes require a different approach for discipline on a team that is still building it's roster in HC's 3rd year...

12 minutes ago, FriendofaFriend said:

Giving Jake fucking Smith chance after chance and being completely disappointed is ridiculous. The kid blows balls and is a liability. Get him the fuck out and get a better wide receivers coach. Until then, sick a dick Herman.

You’re an idiot or troll or both

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
5 hours ago, clapclapclap said:

Eagles not showing up to practice

Well Glenn Frey is dead, so....

Well if we're diving back into folks who had hits in the 70's

Stevie Nicks & Tom Petty- Stop Draggin' My Heart Around