Do other programs have as many

BurntOrange&White

2 minutes ago, Augustus said:

My point is, stop being a dick to your fellow Longhorn.  He's on your side.

Dude, there's only so many aggy for us to yell at. Moose out front, yada, yada. My point is, if we don't turn on each other, we might leave our keyboards and roam the streets. Do you really want that? Won't someone think of the children?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Dude, there's only so many aggy for us to yell at. Moose out front, yada, yada. My point is, if we don't turn on each other, we might leave our keyboards and roam the streets. Do you really want that? Won't someone think of the children?

Fair point.

Jesus said "Blessed are the peacemakers" so that's my role here.

Of course, I always interpreted "peacemaker" as "shit-stirrer," so....

Just scanning the list it does look like Texas is over represented and worse most of the players that transferred were probably not going to be playing here anyway. Perhaps Toneil Carter would have been a big help, but other than that I saw a lot of players that probably needed to transfer.....which is worrying for recruiting in general. WSU had a lot of players on there too which is also worrying because mike recruits like shit in general and they are having a big drop off this year and yet still losing players and a coach that tosses players under the bus regularly.

It was also somewhat worrying that Texas is not well represented on the transfer in list. I would prefer to build long term players, but it is a new era and Texas has plenty of holes to patch. This next year Texas might need to investigate that portal thing and see about a QB and some linemen.

8 hours ago, Augustus said:

Most fans don't follow the message boards of multiple teams or keep up with the team news/roster management of other programs, so it's hardly an unreasonable query.

You start a thread on the football board, you better put your big boy pants on. Stop being a pussy.

14 hours ago, pearlandhorn said:

This place is turning in to texags.  We need moderators to get rid of stupid posts.

We need moderators to get rid of stupid people. The board may be silent at that point but what can you do? Hell just get rid of TexAgs level mouthbreathers and we'll have a good time.

On a serious note we don't need moderation. A shaggy level cesspool is what we're meant to be. A few TexAgs level posters being allowed to exist is the price we pay for freedom.

Edited by TheFlyingBoat

9 hours ago, markstanco said:

Things that make you surly: half sentence thread titles. Clickbait that you open and it's just that.

I was expecting to open the thread and have the OP continue with something along the lines of ..."insufferable, whiny c*nts in their fanbase as we do?"  Instead, turns out the OP is one of the bunch.

Is that irony?  I'm not sure.  Let me go consult with Alanis Morisette.

I'd expect Texas to have a higher amount for a few reasons:

1. We had a head coaching change 3 years ago, causing changes to scheme, player evaluations, and player-coach relationships.  We should be seeing the last of that now with Christmas-Giles and maybe a couple of others that I can't think of.  If we change coordinators (especially on defense) or possibly some position coaches that may start up again.

2. Our 2-deep is finally starting to get more populated by upperclassmen (compared to a few years when we had barely any).  If we recruit 20-25 guys each year, they're not all going to be able to crack the two-deep.

3. We're recruiting strongly.  Some are studs and crack the two-deep quickly, others are more projects.  Some, like Shepherd, think they're studs because they were told so by different schools in the recruiting process, but actually had to do some work before they're ready.  Competition 

Some transfers are good for the program and some are not. If you are bringing in potential each year and those that can't or won't cut it leave, that's not necessarily a bad thing.  I'm not losing sleep about Shepherd, Toneil, Caleb Johnson, the QB that went to Utah that I can't remember his name already, or even Shane (because Sam / system fit).  I'm definitely ok with entitled people moving on.

10 hours ago, markstanco said:

Things that make you surly: half sentence thread titles. Clickbait that you open and it's just that.

Totally expected the second half of the sentence to be something like “whiny-ass, panicky fans” or “repeated instances of incompetent coaching staffs.”

Thought it could go either way.   But OP found a third path to meaninglessness.  Good on that.  

19 hours ago, Augustus said:

Most fans don't follow the message boards of multiple teams or keep up with the team news/roster management of other programs, so it's hardly an unreasonable query.

And his (Bevo VIII) avatar kicks ass.

I have to question the self awareness of anyone who comes on to a sports message board and acts surprised about--or insists that other fans not engage in--emotional overreactions to anything, especially negative stuff.

There's just something inherently codependent about that.  😂

17 minutes ago, Augustus said:

I have to question the self awareness of anyone who comes on to a sports message board and acts surprised about--or insists that other fans not engage in--emotional overreactions to anything, especially negative stuff.

There's just something inherently codependent about that.  😂

source.gif