Hide the Silver (spoons): Trump Offspring Edition

Mrs Whiggins

12 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

I guess we're OK with unabashed nepotism now.

Cool.

It just seemed that this about Ivanka learning how to use a rivet gun, and how she was right about safety glasses. Sorry I didn't see the whole she now owns the business part of it since Trump is president thing.

24 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Of all the shit she pulls, this is what you start a thread over?  

I know, I know. She is paired with Pompeo a lot, and I'm trying to figure out the play here. Apprenticeship? I'm not suggesting anything salacious, but they travel the world together when Pompeo should be doing his job, not that he does it all that well.

2 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I know, I know. She is paired with Pompeo a lot, and I'm trying to figure out the play here. Apprenticeship? I'm not suggesting anything salacious, but they travel the world together when Pompeo should be doing his job, not that he does it all that well.

Enforcer?  Report back to daddy on his loyalty?

3 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I could see the latter. They were in Kansas to highlight a jobs program, which is Ivanka's 'interest,' but do we not have a foreign policy anymore?

Why is Pompeo highlighting a jobs program in Kansas?  Are there no actual international crises the Secretary of State could be working on?  JFC.

2 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

Then your thread title sucks if it's about Pompeo.

Okay. I suppose it made sense in my mind which you can't read. Anyway, is Ivanka taking Pompeo because that is the only way the media will follow her? The video is kinda stupid, but okay, she is highlighting something that she supports. Great. Normally that would be something similar to what a First Lady might do, right? But the real First Lady has her own program(s) and maybe that siphons off some of the publicity. So, again, what is the play here for Ivanka?

If y'all don't like the thread, then let it die. I'm cool with it. It seemed like a place to have some stuff put that would otherwise derail the Trump thread. I was exploring some of the Trump political/mafia 'dynasty' ideas that have been out there, and I could envision the President thinking his children could surpass the Bush family and the Kennedy family and rule govern for many years.

Okay, Surly slipping notwithstanding, I dug around a little more when I had the time and because I am definitely slipping, found the connection that I had long forgotten in all the brouhaha with Giuliani/Pompeo and Ukraine.

Pompeo is from Kansas, so it does make some sense that he might return to his home state. That is a much simpler explanation and it also keeps his name in the ring should he ever wish to remain in the political arena.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Ding ding ding, now you see what I'm talking about. It's a little odd.

"Hey yeah so Syria is not a thing anymore, Boss. Got anything for me to do?"

Or was it: "You're taking Ivanka to Kansas."

There's so much shit in this administration that's goes way beyond 'a little odd.'  So it's very odd to start a thread on this shit.  Don't lose site of the big picture.  Keep harping on the treasonous bullshit, of which there is plenty.  When you bring small shit like this up, it only gives their supporters ammo (and I'm not saying you're wrong to question this).  

2 hours ago, lemonlime said:

Why is Pompeo highlighting a jobs program in Kansas?  Are there no actual international crises the Secretary of State could be working on?  JFC.

Didn't you hear? Kansas is now on the border.  This is international cooperation! 

You gotta give her credit, most daughters spend their whole life seeking parental approval.  And they have to try and achieve at so many things from school, to sports, to chores, to beauty, to eventually the right mate and starting a family.  But there's Ivanka, wildly successful at so many things but still unable to garner her dad's approval because there's really only one thing he wants her to do.  And to her credit, she's the only Trumpkin unwilling to gargle those balls.  You gotta give her credit for having boundaries.  

22 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

There's so much shit in this administration that's goes way beyond 'a little odd.'  So it's very odd to start a thread on this shit.  Don't lose site of the big picture.  Keep harping on the treasonous bullshit, of which there is plenty.  When you bring small shit like this up, it only gives their supporters ammo (and I'm not saying you're wrong to question this).  

What you say makes sense. I didn't consider that pov when I started a thread. You are right, that is the big picture so maybe the Trumplings can have their own thread so as not to clutter up the bigger threads?

If, and that's a big if,  Pompeo were to run for the Senate, it is nice to know if Trump were to nominate Ivanka that some of the Republicans on the Senate Committee on Foreign Relations are Ted Cruz, Marco Rubio, Rand Paul, and Lindsey Graham. Prior to her Senate confirmation, perhaps Mitt would be troubled. She has traveled to other countries and maybe can identify them on a map? That is an improvement, right?

Ivanka retweeted the Trump campaign's Senior Advisor's tweet below: (and then Ivanka retweeted the WH version as well). This is the same man who is being sued by the Maryland AG for being a slumlord, and has been spending $$ in Florida (his father-in-law's new domicile) since receiving $90 million in cash via the Goldman Sachs Cayman Island route. Because when you use foreign funds from shady people to build a $550 million dollar skyscraper in a tax-free Opportunity Zone after laundering money through your Manhattan Project (666 Fifth Avenue-the devil is in the details), we give you an award! Now that's reform for the Silver Spoon Set.

• 2 months later...