Little Rock/Hot Springs

Eggo

I used to live in Hot Springs & Little Rock, I find most of the food in HS is not the greatest and overpriced for what you get. Downtown is a tourist trap for the most part.

I was last in HS in the spring here a few suggestions:

Rocky's Corner-Pizza

Steinhause Keller-German Biergarten

Fisherman's Wharf-Not the greatest Seafood, but can sit outside on the lake if the weather is nice

Pancake Shop-Seconded

French Quarter-Very bad strip club (I have a story somewhere on the board about it)

Avoid Brick Street Tavern-Food sucked

Go to McClard's if you want for the beans and tamales, but avoid the BBQ

LR- Quite a few things downtown

Gus' Famous chicken

Cooper Grill

Dizzy's

Cotham's-Only open during the week for lunch, but has pretty solid burgers 

• Like 1

We have to go up there every year to pick up kids from Camp Ozark. I’m over it basically. Not a whole lot there. The Pancake Shop is legit. Buddy went to Deluca’s last summer and apparently it was pretty good. The Ohio Club has a neat history. Superior Bathhouse Brewery wasn’t terrible. The food isn’t all that great at Rolando’s but get a table out back and it can be enjoyable.

Went to LR for a golf tournament last week with a vendor and he took me to Doe's Eat Place for dinner afterward. Apparently a staple of LR history of old restaurants. I thought he gave me the wrong address since you drive right into da' hood for this place.
They serve their steaks and sides all family style, except the filet. Not the best steak but a cool little place.
http://www.doeseatplace.net/

My wife and I spent a couple of nights in the area 30 years ago, and we went to a little Italian place in HS that was named Best Italian by the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette. It was comically bad, and comes up in conversation every now and then. Linguine so overcooked that it crumbled on the fork, and clams so tough I thought it was chicken gristle. 

There was, however, an Italian restaurant in LR called La Scala that was very good. It didn’t show up on Yelp, so I doubt it still exists  

I know my input has to help.

Went to LR for a golf tournament last week with a vendor and he took me to Doe's Eat Place for dinner afterward. Apparently a staple of LR history of old restaurants. I thought he gave me the wrong address since you drive right into da' hood for this place.
They serve their steaks and sides all family style, except the filet. Not the best steak but a cool little place.
http://www.doeseatplace.net/

There used to be in Hot Springs on Lake Hamilton just over the bridge. You could sit outside on the dock and eat/drink. On nice nights it was awesome.

Not a bad stop for 2 nights, but probably wouldn't go for much longer. Here's what we did: 

Rolando's - not bad 

Quapaw Baths - weird and a bit stuffy (they don't let you use your phones or take drinks into the baths), but decent massage 

501 Prime - relatively decent dinner, steak was okay

Pancake Shop - best pancakes I've had in a while. Sausage was okay. 

Hot Springs National Park - nice hiking and trail running straight from downtown. We covered most of the trails and really enjoyed it. Probably our favorite part of HS. 

We're going back in November for a race and our Airbnb is supposed to have a private bathhouse, which seems much more enjoyable than the strange dynamic of Quapaw. 

Have a vacation home up there (hot springs, not LR) and go a few times per year.  No 5* places but not bad.  Our hangouts:

-colorado grill (decent mexian)

-copper penny-cool little bar, decent food and pretty good craft beer selection

-superior brewery

-steinhaus keller

-Vault is decent for a sit down dinner

stay away from mcclards

Edited by chesthair