Edward Snowden Interview with Joe Rogan

American Swindle

Snowden is a hero in my opinion.  The IC, what was it?..., can "screw you six ways from Sunday," and it's confirmed in the interview.  They can use the Espionage act with impunity while keeping the public in the dark.  

" patriotism is a constant effort to do good for the people of your country "

"If I wanted to be safe, I would still be sitting in Hawaii, making a helluva a lot of money, to spy on all of you."

Kudos to this man! NSIAP.  

• Like 5

Heroes don't flee their country with state secrets to give to adversarial foreign powers.  

Snowden is a narcissist attention whore and a traitor.  A marathon with Joe Rogan kinda drives home the attention whore narcissist part. 

I'm glad he exposed the wrong doing of our government though, it needed to be done. 

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Heroes don't flee their country with state secrets to give to adversarial foreign powers.  

Snowden is a narcissist attention whore and a traitor.  A marathon with Joe Rogan kinda drives home the attention whore narcissist part. 

I'm glad he exposed the wrong doing of our government though, it needed to be done. 

I'm pretty glad that he fucking put a light on our asshole govt.

Everyone on Joe Rogan is narcissist?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Yeah dude real heroes get slowly tortured to death in black sites while Hugo bravely Posts Online, taking fire on all sides from the haters and losers.

25 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

wut

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, bad_teammate said:

Yeah dude real heroes get slowly tortured to death in black sites

Sounds kinky, Snowden wouldn't sacrifice shit for this country and he proved it by running. 

About a dozen other ways Snowden could have blown the whistle that didn't involve fleeing.

Would he have been in big trouble? Yes, and he would probably have to serve some time but he doesn't get hero status by running away and ending up in fucking Russia for the Kremlin to use him as a propaganda weapon. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Sounds kinky, Snowden wouldn't sacrifice shit for this country and he proved it by running. 

Snowden ruined his entire life to let everyone know about things you know should have been known. He can't come home. He lost his access to family and friends and now relies on the hospitality of a nation that is not his friend to avoid being murdered by America's intelligence community.

Would he have been in big trouble? Yes, and he would probably have to serve some time but he doesn't get hero status by running away and ending up in fucking Russia for the Kremlin to use him as a propaganda weapon. 

You talk like a child.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Snowden ruined his entire life to let everyone know about things you know should have been known. He can't come home. He lost his access to family and friends and now relies on the hospitality of a nation that is not his friend to avoid being murdered by America's intelligence community.

You talk like a child.

The American intelligence community wouldn't murder him. 

He would, however, be indicted and tried in a court of law.

23 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

The American intelligence community wouldn't murder him. 

He would, however, be indicted and tried in a court of law.

Let's go with the hilarious idea that we can trust the IC and courts as fair and humane, let's just take that nonsense as granted and move forward... what does it matter to the actual content of his revelations that he didn't go as hard down the martyr route as you and Hugo want? Why do you even care?

Look, I get why a lot of people hold Snowden in high esteem and the reason people do is because Snowden got to write his own hero story without any pushback or taking into account all the damage he did in the process.  

Obama pardoned Manning, who was arguably worse, and did not pardon Snowden for a good reason.  One was willing to face justice for their crimes and the other spit in the face of the American justice system by fleeing for personal glory and celebrity. 

7 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Look, I get why a lot of people hold Snowden in high esteem and the reason people do is because Snowden got to write his own hero story without any pushback or taking into account all the damage he did in the process.  

So your reaction to someone saying he's a hero is to say he's a traitor? Just meet hyperbole with hyperbole?

What is "all the damage he did"?

Obama pardoned Manning, who was arguably worse, and did not pardon Snowden for a good reason.  One was willing to face justice for their crimes and the other spit in the face of the American justice system by fleeing for personal glory and celebrity. 

Spitting in the face of the American justice system is Cool and Good.

3 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

What is "all the damage he did"?

All the classified sources and methods he leaked that had nothing to do with the illegal domestic surveillance program.  He did not have to publish everything to everyone.   

He basically told Al-Qaeda and our other enemies abroad how we were monitoring them.  They ended up changing their tactics and this made preventing attacks all the more difficult, thanks Snowden.  

But who cares right?  Government evil, Snowden good. 

• Like 2

All the classified sources and methods he leaked that had nothing to do with the illegal domestic surveillance program.  He did not have to publish everything to everyone. 

He basically told Al-Qaeda and our other enemies abroad how we were monitoring them.  They ended up changing their tactics and this made preventing attacks all the more difficult, thanks Snowden.  

Is this true or just something the IC said that you have decided to just parrot? Who suffered?

Snowden could have handled whistleblowing better. I put the blame on the IC who created the situation where someone like Snowden was necessary for the truth to come out in the first place.

18 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Is this true or just something the IC said that you have decided to just parrot? Who suffered?

Snowden could have handled whistleblowing better. I put the blame on the IC who created the situation where someone like Snowden was necessary for the truth to come out in the first place.

It’s impossible to quantify the cost of the Snowden leaks because there isn’t an alternative reality where there were no leaks.  

It’s also impossible for me to convince you of anything coming from former IC guys because you naturally distrust anything coming from IC guys which is odd because Snowden is an IC guy.  

To the countries that wish to see the United States subverted (Russia, China, Iran, NK), Snowden is their hero.  They really want more Snowdens to flee our country with terabytes of secrets out of “fear for their own safety” because it paints the darkest picture of America for their domestic audiences and gives them cover to keep being horrible. 

Celebrating Snowden does nothing but encourage more Snowdens. 

Reality Winner and Daniel Ellsberg are my heroes, Snowden can go fuck himself. 

/rant

It’s impossible to quantify the cost of the Snowden leaks because there isn’t an alternative reality where there were no leaks.  

But there is the reality where they were leaks and also a reality in which the IC and military have been desperate to smear Snowden, so being able to link his leaks to some attacks would be invaluable for them.

Any of those?

It’s also impossible for me to convince you of anything coming from former IC guys because you naturally distrust anything coming from IC guys which is odd because Snowden is an IC guy.

I like whistleblowers.

To the countries that wish to see the United States subverted (Russia, China, Iran, NK), Snowden is their hero.  They really want more Snowdens to flee our country with terabytes of secrets out of “fear for their own safety” because it paints the darkest picture of America for their domestic audiences and gives them cover to keep being horrible.

Then why are you glad Snowden leaked any of it? Are OUR ENEMIES incapable of making hay off the revelations if the leakers are imprisoned?

2 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Listen to the interview, Joe asked him about his thoughts on going to trial.  Snowden would be tried in the Virginia court (which I believe he said his Mother serves as a judge,) where everyone gets fucked that blows the whistle.  Your bitchass wouldn't come back either, Mr. "Snowden is a whore...but I'm glad he did what he did" GTFOH

20 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Lies are Truth, Truth is a Lie.

*Snowden discusses Clapper bald face lying to the American people*

23 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Ah yes, the exact polar opposite of "love the sinner, hate the sin." This is "love the crime, hate the criminal."

Ed Snowden has more patriotism in his little fingernail than most of us have in our entire body.

• Like 3

He’s an attention whore? Good! He has a story to tell that every American should hear. Too many people in this country dismiss him because he’s a “traitor.” As he points out in the interview his crime was literally telling the truth. Are we supposed to take the governments side and cheer them on as they lie to us and spy on us? I’d rather be on Ed’s side. 

• Like 1

Pro Snowden here.  He brought to light that the government was committing crimes against every American citizen as well as people around the world at the expense of him possibly never getting to see his friends and family again.   

Screw the idea that he should have stayed here and rotted in a jail cell.

In the end Snowden literally did it for nothing because the American people are too lazy and stupid to push back and hold politicians accountable for taking a giant shit on the Constitution and turning the US into a corrupt police state. 

Bush II turned it up to 11, Obama not only failed to reverse it and destroy the illegal spying but added murder by drones to the repertoire, and trump is such a disaster the presidency has now become nothing more than a con man in an ill fitting suit trying to do whatever he wants regardless of law or constitutional restraints. Getting away with it because one half of the political spectrum is running active interference for the con man. 

Snowden isn't the problem. Our politicians becoming bastions of corruption and committing atrocities at home and abroad with zero consequences is the fucking problem. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Junior Miller said:

In the end Snowden literally did it for nothing because the American people are too lazy and stupid to push back and hold politicians accountable for taking a giant shit on the Constitution and turning the US into a corrupt police state. 

All of this.

I like what he exposed to an extent. But the careless way he did it put American intelligence officers in danger. He could have done it more carefully and for that he deserves some punishment.

If you had a family member working in intelligence on behalf of our country, you probably wouldn't be so gung ho about giving the Russians and Chinese a free look into our intelligence files.

3 hours ago, Zombie said:

I like what he exposed to an extent. But the careless way he did it put American intelligence officers in danger. He could have done it more carefully and for that he deserves some punishment.

If you had a family member working in intelligence on behalf of our country, you probably wouldn't be so gung ho about giving the Russians and Chinese a free look into our intelligence files.

Here is an informative thread by someone that was in the IC and was impacted by the Snowden leaks and has no love for Snowden.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Well, I guess congratulations is in order:

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2022/09/edward-snowden-is-now-a-russian-citizen.html

Nine years after getting stranded in Moscow unexpectedly, American whistleblower Edward Snowden was granted full Russian citizenship by President Vladimir Putin on Monday.

A contractor for the National Security Agency, Snowden leaked classified documents in 2013 showing that the U.S. government was running a mass-surveillance operation on American citizens. Charged with violating the Espionage Act, Snowden flew from Hong Kong to the Moscow airport, where he lived for over a month before he was allowed to leave the premises

14 minutes ago, Satchel said:

Well, I guess congratulations is in order:

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2022/09/edward-snowden-is-now-a-russian-citizen.html

Nine years after getting stranded in Moscow unexpectedly, American whistleblower Edward Snowden was granted full Russian citizenship by President Vladimir Putin on Monday.

A contractor for the National Security Agency, Snowden leaked classified documents in 2013 showing that the U.S. government was running a mass-surveillance operation on American citizens. Charged with violating the Espionage Act, Snowden flew from Hong Kong to the Moscow airport, where he lived for over a month before he was allowed to leave the premises

Someone about get mobilized. lol

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1