Removing rust stains from house

HiggyBaby

33 minutes ago, Jkwellborn said:

Is it me, or do you have two different shades of shingles? Maybe it’s just the picture. Why would the ac drain be going on the roof?

2 story house with a/c in attic.  Drain comes out over window and above first floor shed roof.  Pretty common. 

5 hours ago, mdmost said:

It sadly speaks to the full move towards adulthood but using a power washer on your house is really one of the most satisfying things you can do as an adult.

Ummmmm... shooting pool, drinking beer and watching football in the garage.... there are no part of chores I find satisfying. 

2 story house with a/c in attic.  Drain comes out over window and above first floor shed roof.  Pretty common. 

Isn’t that the secondary drain for it then? I was thinking there was a drain that tied into the plumbing and the one that came out from the soffit was secondary Incase of emergency.

Isn’t that the secondary drain for it then? I was thinking there was a drain that tied into the plumbing and the one that came out from the soffit was secondary Incase of emergency.

This is accurate. Main drain is to a nearby sink, the secondary is if that gets clogged. Mine just happened to be rusty.

2 minutes ago, Jkwellborn said:

Correct.  Apparently he's getting his primary backed up quite a bit and the pan is catching the overflow enough to rust it and then drain rust laden water onto the shingles and brick veneer.   

Multiple problems.