2019-2020 Surly Winter Weather Thread

bschoolprof

I usually shoot these green invasive fuckers...  walked out to the car and a small one (about 16") was clinging onto the trunk of a palm tree about 3' off the ground.  He was trying to warm up and you could tell his batteries were low and he was not having a good time.   I walked right up to him and he just sat there....   I gave him a pass and just left him there, no one deserves to die cold and alone.

If I see him in the herb garden or eating the ever loving shit out of my Jalapeños, his ass will be plant food.  /csb

Edited by Loco

First real "cold" front of the year...EO03KfnU4AAO6vG?format=jpg&name=medium

This exact pic made our 10pm local weather last night. Lots of prayers sent to Florida from the great white north for the locals and the iguanas. 

Looks like we're in a jet stream break...we should see highs ranging from 20s-lower 30s to close out January with no storms. Its a good boost of morale for the troops. Especially with February being a short month to get us to March.Sucks its a leap year tho

Need to get these parking lot snow bank mountains cleared and the corners of intersections knocked down so you can see down streets.

2 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

This exact pic made our 10pm local weather last night. Lots of prayers sent to Florida from the great white north for the locals and the iguanas. 

Looks like we're in a jet stream break...we should see highs ranging from 20s-lower 30s to close out January with no storms. Its a good boost of morale for the troops. Especially with February being a short month to get us to March.Sucks its a leap year tho

Need to get these parking lot snow bank mountains cleared and the corners of intersections knocked down so you can see down streets.

We're in the same range tempwise.  Can't complain about that. 

31 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Is that 9.1" of snow in north central Texas?

That would be a huge snow here.  Hell, we haven't had a storm that big this year.

Yes, but it'll be melted by noon.  Kinda different.  Also different is a big swath of the coverage area there is perennially dry.  (Not sure about north Texas though.)

1 minute ago, Parliament said:

Yes, but it'll be melted by noon.  Kinda different.  Also different is a big swath of the coverage area there is perennially dry.  (Not sure about north Texas though.)

Yeah, I suppose that moisture will be welcomed anyway they can get it.

52 minutes ago, txhorns said:

I'm right in the middle of this in Wichita Falls.  It's going to suck.

Suck?? Get yourself to a liquor store and stock up.  Then you can sit at home drunk and watch it snow all night while posting on Surly.  That sounds awesome to me.

• Like 2