The Rudy Thread

MoJames

23 minutes ago, MoJames said:

Just a great movie. I hate Notre Dame, but damn. Great soundtrack too.

tenor.gif?itemid=5432069

21 minutes ago, Don Johnson said:

I don't care how exaggerated (or blatantly made up) it is, I love it.  Lots of dusty moments.

Guilty. Love the soundtrack.

I am not going to lie, every time I see the movie, the scene where Rudy finds out that he got into Notre Dame on his last shot to make it gets me teary eyed. I hate Notre Dame but it is one of the best all time sports movies. I am enjoying the new KFC commercials touting a fictitious Rudy II with Sean Astin as Colonel Sanders in a football uniform.

It gets the nod from me as it’s one of the more realistic football movies purely from the standpoint of on field action. FNL movie was so over the top and remember the Titans was just silliness in terms of replicating the actual sport. Hoosiers gets the nod for b-ball too.

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

How did this thread escape from the Cloak Room?

This isn’t about marrying and fucking your cousin.  That’s the Rudy Giuliani thread.  

This is about the scrappy little underdog that stole our hearts and made us all believe we could dream the impossible dream.   Admittedly,, in Oklahoma and Alabama, marrying and fucking your cousin is a very obtainable goal, and many dream of it.  

But still, Rudy the movie was a very solid movie.   

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Like 1

It gets the nod from me as it’s one of the more realistic football movies purely from the standpoint of on field action. FNL movie was so over the top and remember the Titans was just silliness in terms of replicating the actual sport. Hoosiers gets the nod for b-ball too.
Go back and watch the on field action that vince Vaughn is in.

13 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

Love it when he shows up that bitch from the spirit club on the sidelines. 

"Hey remember me bitch? Yeah wish you had this dick now." 

I think that was the line. 

That might've been Father Karras, I mean, Ara with that line. 

On 10/25/2019 at 4:00 PM, atomheartbevo said:

When I watch Rudy, which admittedly is rare, it leaves me feeling just as happy as when I watch Brian’s Song.  

And I never understood why we had to watch Brian’s Song in elementary.   

Did we go to the same school?   We watched it in fourth grade, I never understood why.  I’m guessing it’s because Mr Barnes was a raging Bears fan, but still.  

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

Did we go to the same school?   We watched it in fourth grade, I never understood why.  I’m guessing it’s because Mr Barnes was a raging Bears fan, but still.  

That was around the time I watched it.  I like the Bears theory, but our whole grade had to watch it.   My mom worked at my school when we saw it, and is friends with a bunch of the teachers from back then on Facebook.  I need to ask them.  

Theres a lot to unpack with that movie, and I’m assuming we saw it because of the interracial stuff, but all my fiends and I took away from it was “HOLY SHIT THATS LANDO CALRISSIAN”

On 10/25/2019 at 3:24 PM, PRONG HORN said:

giphy.gif

One of the greatest gifs of all time.

On 10/25/2019 at 4:05 PM, DCA_HORN said:
On 10/25/2019 at 3:57 PM, bluto said:

Go back and watch the on field action that vince Vaughn is in.

There's a reason he got kicked down to the scout team.

There's a reason he got kicked down to the scout team.
Its laughably bad. I'm pretty sure hes a ND fan in real life. Not sure how you can watch football and carry the ball with the points of the ball exposed and aligned vertically.

Csb time, my brother went to ND and I was at the Penn st game where they filmed some of the "game" footage at halftime where its snowing.

Actually it’s a telling tale of a rust belt catholic family that wants to hold one another back from achieving beyond shift manager at the local plant.  Everyone is afraid of t

2 hours ago, DCA_HORN said:

Its laughably bad. I'm pretty sure hes a ND fan in real life. Not sure how you can watch football and carry the ball with the points of the ball exposed and aligned vertically.

Csb time, my brother went to ND and I was at the Penn st game where they filmed some of the "game" footage at halftime where its snowing.

Isn't Vaughn like 6'6"? Bad casting because you almost never see 6'6" running backs, especially at the ND level in 1970s. I read Vaughn played HS football so I'm guessing he was a lineman or some shit because he didn't look like he ever toted the rock in a HS game before. 

On 10/25/2019 at 3:57 PM, bluto said:

Any Given Sunday has the most realistic football action in any movie I've seen, imo.

9 hours ago, Junior Miller said:

Isn't Vaughn like 6'6"? Bad casting because you almost never see 6'6" running backs, especially at the ND level in 1970s. I read Vaughn played HS football so I'm guessing he was a lineman or some shit because he didn't look like he ever toted the rock in a HS game before. 

Get me another tight end.