Ivy League Roundup

Bullneck

Been up in this area 8 yrs and have yet run into problems dealing with winter, shorter daylight but that's just me.  I know some people really struggle with it.  As far as Ithaca, great little Farmers Market setup by the lake there, we happen to be there during Apple Fest so the place was hopping, Watkins Glen was a neat place.  The park there is really nice with nice trails and scenery. 

2 hours ago, Underdog said:

Been up in this area 8 yrs and have yet run into problems dealing with winter, shorter daylight but that's just me.  I know some people really struggle with it.  As far as Ithaca, great little Farmers Market setup by the lake there, we happen to be there during Apple Fest so the place was hopping, Watkins Glen was a neat place.  The park there is really nice with nice trails and scenery. 

55b65a3a2acae78a008ba4c8?width=300&forma

I was in Ithaca in the summer and they now have nets over the gorge bridges.

On 10/25/2019 at 8:29 PM, Bullneck said:

Dartmouth beating the beejezus out of Columbia late in the 3rd, 52-17 on a rainy night in Hanover.

tenor.gif

It's incredibly hard to recruit to a school where the field is 100 blocks north of campus, the shuttle is snail-y, the subway costs valuable beer money, and half the campus would be thrilled if the athletic department vanished tomorrow.

There's a good reason we've only won half an Ivy title (and one Rose Bowl!) in all our years of football.

I have a friend who played LB for Columbia 10 years ago so I now pay attention to them and the rest of the Ivy.

It is amazing how a team can be so bad, like Cornell, and the coach doesnt lose his job. Same with the other sports.

Yes, I understand, the Ivy considers sports as a PE course and could not care less.

26 minutes ago, markstanco said:

I have a friend who played LB for Columbia 10 years ago so I now pay attention to them and the rest of the Ivy.

It is amazing how a team can be so bad, like Cornell, and the coach doesnt lose his job. Same with the other sports.

Yes, I understand, the Ivy considers sports as a PE course and could not care less.

What other league uses the term “student athlete” more meaningfully?

• Like 1