Silicon Valley Season 6

HiggyBaby

finally watched...

the needy jared stuff was idiotic, but if it sets up the story for him to find the next richard, i'm down for that.

richard was uniquely unfunny, as always.  not sure who thinks he's some sort of physical comedy genius.

the gilfoyle ai stuff was great, until it wasn't, because dinesh is never funny.  introducing a new annoying character (gabe) is exactly the opposite play they should be making.

richard and gavin both (once again) ignore everything else and make a move that will inevitably implode their companies.  i feel like we're going in circles.

i may take a few weeks off and see what you guys think.  also i may get el pollo loco for lunch today.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Celery Man said:

Also laughed at the polyamorous line given Middleditch being a swinger in real life.

It’s a shell of what it used to be but still enjoyable if I don’t think about that.

This. They must be throwing bags of cash at Judge. He must know on some level the show isn’t funny anymore.

Hopefully, it’s a long play to get a Milton animated series on the new HBO streaming service. 

Finally watched both new episodes the other day. I still enjoy the show but it's certainly not as fantastic as it was the first 2-3 seasons.

I really and truly hate the Laurie Bream character. Was not happy to see her show back up at the end of Episode 2. Maybe I don't hate the character as much as I hate whoever it was that told the actress to give Laurie these mannerisms. Peter Gregory was great. We didn't need to try and recreate another character like that. Oh well ... more Bighead.

Just now, irishtexan said:

I didn't laugh once during the last episode. Someone put this show out of its misery. It's painfully, awkwardly unfunny.

I am really struggling to keep my wife engaged.  She really doesn't like it at all anymore.  I can't disagree with her much, but I'm too invested to bail out now.

We’ve had banter on here before about going a whole episode without laughing.  But it’s been hyperbole.  But for me, tonight came close.  Not a single smile for me until Gavin asked for a token for the bathroom.  But that was it.  Perhaps Judge’s most poignant opus on the modern condition...and it’s going out in the most unspectacular fashion. 

being half serious here—-is this ending part of it?   Part of the commentary on what tech is doing to us in this post modern malaise?   Is this shitty stumble to the finish line with almost no humor some kinda irony, Mikey?   

9 hours ago, Saint Tacky said:

I laughed at Jared's biological parents piling on, and thought their final line about his presentation being "underwhelming" was lough-out-loud funny. Jared's Biological Parents

The rest of the show was a waste of time.

that scene was very funny. so was what's her name eating an artichoke lulz