Silicon Valley Season 6

HiggyBaby

2 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

that scene was very funny. so was what's her name eating an artichoke lulz 

Yeah that artichoke shot was pretty damn funny. The biological parents scene was pretty funny too. "those aren't my doll gloves" was a little funny. Overall, I think this season is a lot better than last season but last season was really bad.

I love dark comedy as much as anyone, but that scene was really hard to watch.  I know there were funny layers to it but I couldn't laugh, it was sad as hell.  

I can prove it wasn't funny, nobody here will go back and rewatch it even if they think they laughed the first time. 

I did think dark/alpha Jared was gonna emerge on the front porch and bitch them out and say some funny shit, but they just ditched him to head to Olive Garden. . 

Yeah the Jared biological parents scene seemed to veer a little too much into the darkness. It was just purely sad.

I have somewhat enjoyed the first few episodes of this season, though.

I don't know what it is but I just LOVE the old gray-haired ponytail guy from the data center.  That's just one of those characters that Mike Judge nails perfectly... from his mannerisms to his "old IT guy uniform" of the tucked-in t-shirt, jeans and New Balance sneakers.  The bit with him and Gilfoyle becoming friends was just really funny to me.

1 hour ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Yeah the Jared biological parents scene seemed to veer a little too much into the darkness. It was just purely sad.

I have somewhat enjoyed the first few episodes of this season, though.

I don't know what it is but I just LOVE the old gray-haired ponytail guy from the data center.  That's just one of those characters that Mike Judge nails perfectly... from his mannerisms to his "old IT guy uniform" of the tucked-in t-shirt, jeans and New Balance sneakers.  The bit with him and Gilfoyle becoming friends was just really funny to me.

It was funny to see that guy again.  You could see the gag coming when he started showing phones off one by one.   But as you said-it’s one of those one dimensional characters that Judge just nails poetically.  

9 minutes ago, Lobo said:

It was funny to see that guy again.  You could see the gag coming when he started showing phones off one by one.   But as you said-it’s one of those one dimensional characters that Judge just nails poetically.  

Yeah - another detail that's just perfect is his employee badge with the 20-year-old photo.  I see that SO much, lol.

1 hour ago, 4th&Five said:

Dr. Bania

this is it, doctor...this is the shot!  

I love that the tequila is called tres Comas.  Could be the 3 commas in a billion, could be how many comatose hospital visits you'll end up in, and the logo literally looks like 999 which is how many milions Russ now has since he lost a bunch of cash and drives a car with the wrong kinda doors.    Who  the fuck knows, 'cause it's Russfest! 

You YETI disciples are gonna be pissed when you find out that Russ, who is basically who you want to be in real life, doesn't allow coolers at RussFest.  

Edited by Lobo

Richard being Bitchard in both Jian-Yang and Monica's phone got a laugh.  Was hoping and fearing that they'd have a middle out scene when Richard was locked up in the bathroom.  At this point we're so close to the finish line, it's a shitty show but just give me some laughs and some kind of a decent ending and let me enjoy it in hindsight.  The office became terrible too towards the end, still love that show.

Does Monica have a no-nudity clause or some bullshit in her contract so she can land another role in her long line of who-gives-a-shit movies/series?  What is she holding out for...an Emmy?  Show us your butt and quit pretending like you're onto something prolific.  You're like this generation's Mena Suvari...ditching the funny male-centric show because you think you're moving onto something bold and tectonic.  You're not.  You're a sweetheart with a killer butt and the acting range of Tara Reid off coke.  

2 hours ago, Lobo said:

Does Monica have a no-nudity clause or some bullshit in her contract so she can land another role in her long line of who-gives-a-shit movies/series?  What is she holding out for...an Emmy?  Show us your butt and quit pretending like you're onto something prolific.  You're like this generation's Mena Suvari...ditching the funny male-centric show because you think you're moving onto something bold and tectonic.  You're not.  You're a sweetheart with a killer butt and the acting range of Tara Reid off coke.  

Who is she gonna get nekkid with? Jared is the only possibility. 

source.gif

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Celery Man said:

There has to be a payoff to Dinesh fucking with Son of Anton

I assume at this point they either cash out big or it all comes crumbling down and the 5 of them are sitting in the empty building together talking about their next project when it ends.

21 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Correction Monica, not Lori. 

laurie is one of the worst tv characters in the history of recorded media.  her final scene, was she doing an accent?  wtf was that?

otherwise, halfway decent episode that was basically mad men in the context of the past couple seasons.