OK State @ ISU

Al_4_ISU

What part of town? Keg Stand out west will have lots of Clones. Saints in Beaverdale was a place I watched a lot of games.

Up in Ankeny area, hit Whiskey River.

If you’re downtown, hit El Bait/High Life. Not hardcore game watches, just great a place. Shorty’s as well.

4 minutes ago, Doyle Hargreaves said:

no dog on this fight, but I bet this is a good game. Gotta figure Gundy will get his team up for this. 

Side note: Im in Des Moines for the weekend. In need of a good bar to soak in the games today. Any suggestions?

Take an Uber to Ames and go to the game. Better than any bar. 

no dog on this fight, but I bet this is a good game. Gotta figure Gundy will get his team up for this. 
Side note: Im in Des Moines for the weekend. In need of a good bar to soak in the games today. Any suggestions?

Also, Carl’s in Sherman Hill is an iconic dive. More of a Hawk bar, but there will be a potluck most likely.

Cooney’s in Beaverdale has one of the best Bloody Marys on the planet. Low key joint.

12 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

What part of town? Keg Stand out west will have lots of Clones. Saints in Beaverdale was a place I watched a lot of games.

Up in Ankeny area, hit Whiskey River.

If you’re downtown, hit El Bait/High Life. Not hardcore game watches, just great a place. Shorty’s as well.

Im at Prairie Meadows. I will probably go hit your suggestions downtown. Im in need of a Scotch or Irish whiskey and Guinness. 

Im at Prairie Meadows. I will probably go hit your suggestions downtown. Im in need of a Scotch or Irish whiskey and Guinness. 

Royal Mile is exactly what you’re looking for. 4th Street, just north of Court.

I mean, try them all, but based on this post, I think you’ll be pleased.

• Like 1

My optimism that Sanders is just going through growing pains is almost at and end. I’m damn near convinced he’s a bust. We don’t throw at all in the middle of the field clearly because they don’t trust him or he doesn’t trust himself. And our defense is bad enough as it is but it’s many time worse when the offense can’t stay on the field. Basically open air. I think it’s more likely today that the wheels come completely off than we pull off an upset. I’m not ready to throw in the towel just yet, but let’s just say I expect a blowout loss.

1 minute ago, 'stache said:

My optimism that Sanders is just going through growing pains is almost at and end. I’m damn near convinced he’s a bust. We don’t throw at all in the middle of the field clearly because they don’t trust him or he doesn’t trust himself. And our defense is bad enough as it is but it’s many time worse when the offense can’t stay on the field. Basically open air. I think it’s more likely today that the wheels come completely off than we pull off an upset. I’m not ready to throw in the towel just yet, but let’s just say I expect a blowout loss.

Your biggest problem is the HC.. He needs to just move on and be someone else's problem.

So what do we do? Im at the Royal Mile downtown. Made them turn the ISU game on. 
If this were a Tech game Id act like I have Tourettes after each play with a smattering of “Guns up” or “Fucking RUN THE GOTDAMN BALL!”
what is it that you do? Just want to fit in.

Drink and bitch about refs
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, BradWilcox said:

No I'm not on the puke fan Facebook group. Just here telling the truth..

Negged.  Us ‘puke’ fans, along with the ‘Clones, are some of the chillest, most respectful, honest guest fans here and have been since my first days on Shaggy...so you can tell the truth as you see it all you want, but regarded little quips like ‘puke’ are faggatronics.  

14 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

This loss is on everyone not named Charlie Kolar

Mike Rose was fantastic.  After his facemask penalty he made the next three tackles.  It was a bummer but it was bound to happen when we ride Brock that hard.  Credit oSu and their staff for a well called and executed game.  Especially the first half that put us on our heels.

• Like 1

Mike Rose was fantastic.  After his facemask penalty he made the next three tackles.  It was a bummer but it was bound to happen when we ride Brock that hard.  Credit oSu and their staff for a well called and executed game.  Especially the first half that put us on our heels.

I’m a bit apoplectic that we threw 62 times. Hall ran well whenever he got the chance.

Manning has gotten so comfortable with early leads that he clearly panicked when faced with a deficit.

I’m really excited that we get to play an OU squad that has two weeks to chew on a season ending loss, next.
  • Like 1

Negged.  Us ‘puke’ fans, along with the ‘Clones, are some of the chillest, most respectful, honest guest fans here and have been since my first days on Shaggy...so you can tell the truth as you see it all you want, but regarded little quips like ‘puke’ are faggatronics.  

I think his wit may have gone over your head. You see, the word “Pokes” is a colloquial term synonymous with our true mascot “Cowboys.” If you think about it, you might say it sounds a little like the word “puke,” which itself is a colloquialism of the term vomit or upchuck, a highly unpleasant experience that most people find to be unenjoyable. So by substituting the latter term for the former, he is indicating displeasure, because in his mind, our school’s football program is highly unpleasant, like the experience of vomiting. It’s subtle, and many of us who were educated at the university with a less than stellar ranking in US News and World Report have to think really hard to comprehend. But kudos to him for his expression of extraordinary and subtle humour and satirical commentary concerning his displeasure with the football organization which represents our institution of higher learning. He is clearly a fine lad with upper management written all over him.
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Homercles said:

If "puke" pisses you off then I guess you'll accept the term when you see it mentioned. I was on Shaggy also for quite awhile under a different username. Not sure if that reference is supposed to matter or not. Would the term "sheep humper" be more appropriate?

• Fuck You 1

17 hours ago, BradWilcox said:

If "puke" pisses you off then I guess you'll accept the term when you see it mentioned. I was on Shaggy also for quite awhile under a different username. Not sure if that reference is supposed to matter or not. Would the term "sheep humper" be more appropriate?

Dynamite creativity there as well.