Dallas | Mediterranean

C-Man

I love Mediterranean food. Wife wanted to get out to celebrate last night so we went to Sachet on Oak Lawn. It's been all over every Top Dallas Restaurants list for a bit now so I finally got around to checking into it. It was just the two of us and there were no tables available on Open Table. Called them and it was confirmed they didn't have any tables available until 9:45 but the bar featured full dinner service and was first-come, first-serve. Perfect. We love sitting at the bar. We headed up there around 7:15 or so and grabbed two open seats. Neat space, very lively and pretty good vibe.

Wasn't quite sure how to attack the menu so I kind of went with the flow and followed the server's suggestions. Had read the home-made wood-fire baked pita was can't-miss and holy shit was it good. We got that and the Lebanese okra off the Meze portion of the menu while we perused the rest. The okra was damn good. At any rate, settled on three items off the Meze (mostly for wife) but I shared some of these -- she ordered the broccolini, brussels sprouts and lentils. They mistakenly brought out the beets, which we tried -- not our favorite. The Meze items are cooked and then refrigerated and served "room temp." In addition to another order of pita -- man the olive oil is fantastic too -- I got the beef kebab (meat was melt-in-your-mouth good) which came on an eggplant puree and a half order of the Green Tortiglioni (simple pasta dish with mushrooms and salsa verde). It was all fantastic and I see why it's all over the "Best Of" lists. Loved it.

As an aside, we were sitting net to Jeffrey Whitman (had to look it up) at the bar. He started quizzing the female server who was wearing glasses why she hadn't gotten Lasik. I thought it was a weird conversation and mumbled what was going on under my breath to Mrs. C-Man. She looked over and said, "That's Key Whitman." She quickly Googled and confirmed. Anyway, he was offering the server the "friends and family" discount or some-such. Joked to my wife later I think he might've been trying to set up a 3-some or something. (Oh, and he has freakishly small hands.)

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 9/5/2021 at 12:38 PM, bluto said:

Everything about it sounds silly but I really dig Ferah… it’s “med-tex” and it’s located in effing firewheel mall. If for some ungodly reason you’re around there, give it a go. Service is very friendly too.

Good place. I've met the owners a few time and they are solid people. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/3/2019 at 5:11 PM, Kevin O’Shea said:

Ephesus Mediterranean is one on my favorite restaurants in Dallas and it’s BYOB

we go there a bunch.  solid Mediterranean.  

Gabriela & Sofia's Tex Mex is next door in that shopping center. and Brother's Pizza, too.  several good options at Meadow Central Market.

• 4 months later...