Texas at TCU - 2:30 on FOX: Because what else were you going to do with your Saturday?

immamac

that pass on 3rd and long where UT brought serious pressure and Duggan flung it to the WR with 44 attempting coverage. That was the play of the game. Orlando did that play right and Duggan did an Aaron Rodgers.

Had Orlando played 4-6 in the box all day, like a real defense does, Texas wins easily.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

He overthrew guys by a mile and is inconsistent as fuck. He is getting worse every week. Take your foam finger off for a minute. This entire team is brutal right now.

Take my foam finger off? What a bunch of ridiculous bullshit.

Anyway I am well aware this team is really bad. I probably said so about 2,000 times in the past week. I certainly was not suprised at all at how this game went. I was kind of dreading all week.

But let's get something straight. TCU's defense has some good pieces, as they usually do. I mean they are not elite or anything and can get burned but they can play some. They had control of the line of scrimmage and were putting pretty good coverage on. Sam, as always, is feeling the pressure to win the whole damn game by himself as usual so he is forcing it where nothing is there and overthrowing at times.

Sam Ehlinger is never going to be a NFL QB or anything. He is a pretty good to sometimes great college QB in the proper circumstances. But he is not some superman who is going to do everything himself. He needs a decent line. It was pretty brutal today but I don't think that makes him shitty or anything. He also made some great throws today.

So I just think calling him shitty and overrated is just ridiculous. He is the best thing on this team.

Edited by Valmy77
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, NowThis said:

KSU is next.  I don't even know their HC, Ron Prince? Doesn't matter.

They just beat OU. Chris Klieman is their HC and was a really good hire for them.

Not optimistic at all about that one, not that I am about any game for the rest of the year.

Our team needs to...um...get their shit together in some way. I am not even sure where to start. Getting some guys back on defense would be nice I guess.

Edited by Valmy77

1 minute ago, Valmy77 said:

Take my foam finger off? What a bunch of ridiculous bullshit.

Anyway I am well aware this team is really bad. I probably said so about 2,000 times in the past week. I certainly was not suprised at all at how this game went. I was kind of dreading all week.

But let's get something straight. TCU's defense has some good pieces, as they usually do. I mean they are not elite or anything and can get burned but they can play some. They had control of the line of scrimmage and were putting pretty good coverage on. Sam, as always, is feeling the pressure to win the whole damn game by himself as usual so he is forcing it where nothing is there and overthrowing at times.

Sam Ehlinger is never going to be a NFL QB or anything. He is a pretty good to sometimes great college QB in the proper circumstances. But he is not some superman who is going to do everything himself. He needs a decent line. It was pretty brutal today but I don't think that makes him shitty or anything. He also made some great throws today.

Dude Sam sucked today just stop. Just because he gets flushed out of the pocket doesn’t mean he forces a bad pass and get picked off. He threw 4 picks and one he had a perfect pocket form and had all day to throw. He has looked worse every week since LSU. Teams that win national championships have qbs that do everything and that’s what great qbs do and sam isn’t a great qb. He’s good at best but not great.

• Like 1

Fwiw, I think Sam is hurt worse than we know. There's gotta be a good reason we haven't seen as many runs from him as we did last season. Also explains why his accuracy his a little off. I still believe in the guy and don't think he's the kinda dude that would cry to us about just how bad he's hurt either.

1 minute ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Dude Sam sucked today just stop. Just because he gets flushed out of the pocket doesn’t mean he forces a bad pass and get picked off. He threw 4 picks and one he had a perfect pocket form and had all day to throw. He has looked worse every week since LSU. Teams that win national championships have qbs that do everything and that’s what great qbs do and sam isn’t a great qb. He’s good at best but not great.

I 100% agree he sucked today. I 100% agree that he is never going to be a NFL QB.

The fact that is somehow insufficiently anti-Sam says a lot. I have to just think he is garbage and shitty now for some reason. Well I won't because he isn't.