Auburn at LSU on CBS

Zavala

Just now, Beau Vine said:

Woooooo!!! A 3.14 GPA in Sports Administration!  That dude is a true scholar athlete!  He's a regular Norman Einstein!

Lulz

I had a guy in engineering school with me at Texas that was like the 5th string QB. At schools like LSU and Auburn they aren't ever gonna be too smart.

The one amazing anomaly is Florida State (who I hate) DB, Rolle.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myron_Rolle

Siap...

Anybody that knows anything about this please share:  Heard somebody on the radio earlier this week discussing how Auburn slowed Burrow down by having 4 Safeties and 3 CBs on the field??  The person on the radio was familiar with Texas, and said if the Horns were healthy they also have enough depth in DB personnel to also run this defense....

Edited by LTtxfan

Siap...
Anybody that knows anything about this please share:  Heard somebody on the radio earlier this week discussing how Auburn slowed Burrow down by having 4 Safeties and 3 CBs on the field??  The person on the radio was familiar with Texas, and said if the Horns were healthy they also have enough depth in DB personnel to also run this defense....

slowed down is relative...we still had 508 and Burrow was north of 300 with 2 TDs.

They ran a 3-1-7 defense, with the LBs stacked in I formation for and the DBs way off the ball with mostly a cover 3. A deep zone allowed them to run into their zones instead running back into the zones and keep their eyes on the ball and cut off more passing lanes.

Cowboy package:

Roach at Nose

Ossai, Shark as standing DEs

2 hybrids (Foster, Overshown) hanging out around the box

2 deep safeties (Sterns, Jones)

2 corners (Green, OR)

2 nickels (Brown, Thompson)

It went away with injuries.

Doesn't sound like what Kyrie is describing, though.

Thx @JBJ  .... @Kyrie Eleison and @Yesh 

Seemed like the guy describing it during the radio interview was extremely impressed with the Auburn defensive results of allowing only 23pts scored by LSU at home... and only a slim 3pt LSU victory (23-20) over Auburn and their freshman QB.

Edited by LTtxfan