Time to hold CDC accountable: Is he a coward or a man of his word

alphahorn

Just now, dcar00 said:

the big money donors had a hand in getting CDC hired.  if CDC says I want to make a change and here is why and how, they can certainly say "not writing the check" but they also hired him. It depends somewhat what kind of brass balls CDC has.  He already knows this ship is not getting to top 10 again.  recruiting will suffer after the 1-3 finish and then the real spiral begins.

I'm not exactly defending him.  I think it's premature at this point to expect him to have fired Herman or done something "openly."  He should probably have his nuts in a vice, though.

Also, given that there aren't (likely) any alumni ponying up to pay off Shaka and hire his replacement, I don't expect CDC to have shitcanned him yet, as much as he deserves it.

2 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I'm not exactly defending him.  I think it's premature at this point to expect him to have fired Herman or done something "openly."  He should probably have his nuts in a vice, though.

Also, given that there aren't (likely) any alumni ponying up to pay off Shaka and hire his replacement, I don't expect CDC to have shitcanned him yet, as much as he deserves it.

i don't expect him to fire herman or any coach during the or a season.  I expect that he is prepared after the season.  there will likely be the normal shiny object Co-Ordinator change if we do in fact do what I expect this team to do.

I am resigned to the fact that CDC probably doesn't have the balls to fire him after a 6 and 6 season after giving him the standard " we are Texas so we will give you a big extension so we are handcuffed even more."  we are dumb. the guy lost to maryland twice and looked like shit in plenty of games last year and the year before.

He's done, its the 3rd year. he will never do anything of significance here unless Riley moves on and OU fucks up the replacement. the other coaches in the conference are at least his equal and some better.

He doesn't know how to put together a staff for a big time conf.  same thing as Charlie.  herman is just a bit more competent than Charlie on his side of the ball.

2 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

i don't expect him to fire herman or any coach during the or a season.  I expect that he is prepared after the season.  there will likely be the normal shiny object Co-Ordinator change if we do in fact do what I expect this team to do.

I am resigned to the fact that CDC probably doesn't have the balls to fire him after a 6 and 6 season after giving him the standard " we are Texas so we will give you a big extension so we are handcuffed even more."  we are dumb. the guy lost to maryland twice and looked like shit in plenty of games last year and the year before.

He's done, its the 3rd year. he will never do anything of significance here unless Riley moves on and OU fucks up the replacement. the other coaches in the conference are at least his equal and some better.

He doesn't know how to put together a staff for a big time conf.  same thing as Charlie.  herman is just a bit more competent than Charlie on his side of the ball.

You may very well be right.  It doesn't look good.