this program is an absolute fucking dumpster fire

BigOrange1

1 minute ago, mdmost said:

If you have an inexperienced secondary, why are you putting more pressure on them by leaving them one on one on a 3rd and long and bringing all out blitzes? Especially after Owens shows he's already been struggling?

Because he's a fucking moron who has no clue what he is doing? 

Both instances killed any damn chance we had to come back in this game and the LSU game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FrogFan said:

Hmmm. We have beaten you 6 -2 since we joined the Big 12. Maybe you should not look at us as your "worst team ... left."  Even when we're shitty, like this year, we usually beat you. BTW, in the same time period, OU has only beaten you 5-3. 

This also coincides with being the best TCU teams and worst Texas teams. Once the balance is restored, you'll be back into the oblivion where you belong. 

15 hours ago, Disco Missile said:

I was reading this thread thinking that we didn't reach this level of anger with Charlie until after the Kansas loss in year 3, and even then a lot of people were more weepy than mad.

This is like Mack level hate, and we're 5-3. Not where we want to be, but not near Charlie/Mack level suck either.

It’s because Herman is an arrogant asshole, while Strong was the nicest dude ever

1 minute ago, mdmost said:

If you have an inexperienced secondary, why are you putting more pressure on them by leaving them one on one on a 3rd and long and bringing all out blitzes? Especially after Owens shows he's already been struggling?

Because winning is hard, man.  What kind of coach would Orlando be if he tried to make it easier?  What's that gonna teach these guys?  That you're supposed to be able to just walk into a 3-3 team's house and wipe your ass with them just because you have a lot more talent? 

These kids could've gone to Alabama or Ohio State if they wanted a bunch of easy wins, but they came to Texas.  We'll only get 7 wins, but dammit they'll be earned.  Because we're gonna make it hard.  

I want to choke the life out of someone.

Mentard will ride the injury excuse train as will his apologists and trolls on this board.

That's not good enough with the history of lack of execution and poor fundamental play coupled with ridiculous schemes. I don't think the injury excuse will give adequate cover.

You can tell though that the play by play booth has been instructed by Texas SID or whomever in the spin machine, to focus on the terms: "injury-plagued" and  " youth and inexperience in the secondary",  despite the fact that teams, even LSU and OU,  were playing freshman against us very successfully.

Edited by El Squared
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Because winning is hard, man.  What kind of coach would Orlando be if he tried to make it easier?  What's that gonna teach these guys?  That you're supposed to be able to just walk into a 3-3 team's house and wipe your ass with them just because you have a lot more talent? 

These kids could've gone to Alabama or Ohio State if they wanted a bunch of easy wins, but they came to Texas.  We'll only get 7 wins, but dammit they'll be earned.  Because we're gonna make it hard.  

I want to choke the life out of someone.

Not sure about 7 wins, even Tech, if we skid further during the next 3. Didn't see too many adjustments except perhaps fewer missed tackles, after the first 2 losses and the obvious deficiencies in all phases of the game. 

1 hour ago, FrogFan said:

Hmmm. We have beaten you 6 -2 since we joined the Big 12. Maybe you should not look at us as your "worst team ... left."  Even when we're shitty, like this year, we usually beat you. BTW, in the same time period, OU has only beaten you 5-3. 

But you are the worse team we had left.   You suck. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, El Squared said:

Mentard will ride the injury excuse train as will his apologists and trolls on this board but that's unfortunately not good enough with the history of lack of execution and poor fundamental play coupled with ridiculous schemes. I don't think the injury excuse will give adequate cover.

You can tell though that the play by play booth has been instructed by Texas SID or whomever in the spin machine, to focus on the terms: "injury-plagued" and  " youth and inexperience in the secondary",  despite the fact that teams, even LSU and OU,  were playing freshman against us very successfully.

NFL drafted 8 out of the 11 players from OU's Offense last draft, their rookie QB in a shitshow of an NFL team is carving up opposite defenses(which shows he was clearly a difference maker) and yet they "adjusted" enough to be the number one ranked Offense in the country again. While Sam in year three throws 4 interceptions against TCU.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, hornhorn said:

NFL drafted 8 out of the 11 players from OU's Offense last draft, their rookie QB in a shitshow of an NFL team is carving up opposite defenses(which shows he was clearly a difference maker) and yet they "adjusted" enough to be the number one ranked Offense in the country again. While Sam in year three throws 4 interceptions against TCU.

yes, OU is years ahead of us in having future NFL players replace drafted players, this is news to you?

16 hours ago, VaLonghorn99 said:

We are wasting talent on the offense. Why the fuck would Texas hire an Ohio State reject for its OC.  Our offensive rankings are/were due to player heroics not scheme or coaching.  So pissed.

Remember that time Ohio State scored 14 points against Michigan State with JT Barrett, Zeke, and Braxton Miller?  We needed to replicate that sort of "success."

2 hours ago, Calihorn said:

It’s because Herman is an arrogant asshole, while Strong was the nicest dude ever

This is Charlie homerism. It's just personal preference.

Mack was a nice guy, loved by everyone that ever spent any time around him. We hated him because he nose-dived the program.

Charlie wasn't a very nice guy. Lots of people didn't get along with him. He cheated with a booster's wife. He was the worst head coach in Texas history, and refused to admit failure even up to the very end - 'the cake is baked'. And saying "the cake is baked" isn't a nice thing to say as you're leaving. It's a crappy thing to say.

Herman isn't nice. But he's been (to this point) the best coach we've had since 2010.

Edited by Disco Missile
  • Like 2

Not trying to defend Orlando here but when when we did sit 8 in zone.. TCU was still able to convert through the air when we had no rush.  It's a damn if you do, damn if you don't.  I'm ok with the blitzing but telegraphing them 10-12 yards deep is mindblowing.  Here's to health this week and beat KSU #HookEM

Not trying to defend Orlando here but when when we did sit 8 in zone.. TCU was still able to convert through the air when we had no rush.  It's a damn if you do, damn if you don't.  I'm ok with the blitzing but telegraphing them 10-12 yards deep is mindblowing.  Here's to health this week and beat KSU #HookEM

The typical rush is 4 people. There’s a reason for that. They have 5 lineman blocking. 3 on 5 don’t work. 4 on 5 does work. 5 on 5 is nice but leaves you exposed in the secondary. Football 101 seems to escape our esteemed DC.

15 minutes ago, C-Man said:

We now have -19 yards in punt returns this year

Duh, the reverse of positive numbers are negative numbers.  In the kicking game, you wanna reverse the field to put your opponent at a disadvantage so I’d say negative 19 is pretty damn good.  

reverse Is key.  Jeez, where’d you learn math Mensa junior?

7 minutes ago, hookem48 said:

thought Beck was after Herman.

He was.  I was thinking of another game against Michigan state where Beck abandoned the run even though MSUs dbacks knew all the OSU WR routes before they were run  

Queue What The Buck to tell us Beck did not call plays.  Yeah well he got fired anyway.   

2 hours ago, Thiefery said:

there are thousands of options between 3 man line with 2 or 3 DB blitzers and 3 man line and drop 8.  that is the problem

This is Charlie homerism. It's just personal preference.
Mack was a nice guy, loved by everyone that ever spent any time around him. We hated him because he nose-dived the program.
Charlie wasn't a very nice guy. Lots of people didn't get along with him. He cheated with a booster's wife. He was the worst head coach in Texas history, and refused to admit failure even up to the very end - 'the cake is baked'. And saying "the cake is baked" isn't a nice thing to say as you're leaving. It's a crappy thing to say.
Herman isn't nice. But he's been (to this point) the best coach we've had since 2010.

Mack to the media isn’t the Mack behind closed doors from what I heard from a few friends that played for him.

I'm a fucking moron for believing that we were going to be good this year.  Holy fuck, I'm stupid.

Here is my thing. I expected our record to be good with maybe 9 or 10 wins. The part where I kick myself was believing that we would look competent and polished.