this program is an absolute fucking dumpster fire

BigOrange1

4 minutes ago, NOOBSDUDE said:

The only thing left this year that can bring me Longhorn football joy is kicking the dog shit out of aggy in the toilet paper bowl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What have you seen out of Texas that shows we wouldn’t make Mond look like a Heisman candidate? 

• Like 6

Nothing is that great about the program. This is year 3 and we are worse than last year. The defense has gotten worse every year. The offense shows no creativity or ability to actually attack the weakness of a defense.

this team and coaching staff acts like being competitive and practicing and lifting really really hard is gonna Amal’s the difference on game day. News flash, every program does that shit. I just think about the ludicrous personnel decisions on both sides of the ball and the playcalling. It’s not working 

5 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Under Charlie, we were a dumpster fire with few wins. Under Herman, we’re a dumpster fire with more wins. Still a dumpster fire but with more wins. Does anyone feel we’re headed up? This feels like Michigan under Rich Rod.

We were told Brandon Jones and Collin Johnson were future 1st round picks.

We were told Yancy made the S&C program elite.

We were told Hand fixed the oline.

We were told Dicker was elite.

We were told this is finally a player led program.

We were told the Charlie loser mentality was out of the locker room.

We were told this is the most close knit team Herman has coached.

We need to question everything we've been told. 

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Under Charlie, we were a dumpster fire with few wins. Under Herman, we’re a dumpster fire with more wins. Still a dumpster fire but with more wins. Does anyone feel we’re headed up? This feels like Michigan under Rich Rod.

1 minute ago, Bruh Man said:

We should question it twice.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

I was told there would be no math. 

Tom Herman has let this get so sideways I'm actually talking myself into being OK with us hiring Urban Fucking Meyer. You can bet he'd LOVE to come in and clean up the mess left by Herman. Would be a gigantic "Fuck you" to Tom and Michelle.

Edited by C-Man
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Jive Turkey said:

we should have gone after Gary Patterson instead of Tom Herman.  Gary's proving why, once again.  he does way more with way less.

Tom is just too stubborn.  he won't get rid of the two albatrosses around his neck because he's too proud and thinks he's smarter than you.  we can't even think about improving until Beck and Orlando are gone.  but i'm not holding my breath on that any time soon.

His problem in my opinion is not that he is too stubborn to get rid of second  or third tier coaches, (even though that must be done now), but that he didn’t have the initial coaching instincts to realize he had a unique opportunity to do something great. Coaches with the right maturity and coaching intelligence realize that programs are built from day one.  Great coaches mentally wrangle over bringing the absolute top staff they can put together  from the very beginning.  Quality and experience over friendships.  Tom was too perfunctory and probably egotistical to tend to business with staffing.  This coaching staff should never have been brought to UT.  That is entirely on Tom.  He was given the resources and authority to build a solid staff.  We are paying for his initial mistakes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jive Turkey said:

we should have gone after Gary Patterson instead of Tom Herman.  Gary's proving why, once again.  he does way more with way less.

Tom is just too stubborn.  he won't get rid of the two albatrosses around his neck because he's too proud and thinks he's smarter than you.  we can't even think about improving until Beck and Orlando are gone.  but i'm not holding my breath on that any time soon.

i feel like i'm reading UT boards from 2011-2013

His problem in my opinion is not that he is too stubborn to get rid of second  or third tier coaches, (even though that must be done now), but that he didn’t have the initial coaching instincts to realize he had a unique opportunity to do something great. Coaches with the right maturity and coaching intelligence realize that programs are built from day one.  Great coaches mentally wrangle over bringing the absolute top staff they can put together  from the very beginning.  Quality and experience over friendships.  Tom was too perfunctory and probably egotistical to tend to business with staffing.  This coaching staff should never have been brought to UT.  That is entirely on Tom.  He was given the resources and authority to build a solid staff.  We are paying for his initial mistakes.
His problem is that he sucks.
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Whatever said:
14 minutes ago, ruitxn said:

Read more  

His problem is that he sucks.

Feels more like our problem than his. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Chet Steadman said:

That dude just signed like a 10yr extension last week with a buyout reportedly in the eight figures. 

He’s not going anywhere anytime soon.  

Just gotta convince Red.

Though I'd put Fleck in the same category as Rhule.  Will be interesting how those 2 finish out the season against their true tests.

Herman last year said the DL was very good. Nope.

Just now, Whatever said:
3 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:
You can only choose one- Shea Patterson or Sam this season. Who you got?

I'll still take Sam because he cares and has heart. He's not good right now, but the effort is there.

Good call. I'd still take Sam, too. He at least cares about someone other than Sam. 

• Like 1

Texas is 2-6 vs TCU in the Big 12.

Texas is 3-7 vs Okie St this decade

Texas is 3-8 vs OU this decade.

Texas is exactly .500 against WVU in the Big 12.

Texas along with Rutgers are the only P5 teams that Maryland has defeated twice in the last five years.

Oh yeah, forgot about the loss to KU several years ago.....not talking about hoops either.

Dumpster fire indeed. What the fuck did we do to anger the football gods?

dumpster-fire.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w

Edited by Chad
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, BigOrange1 said:

fuck everything.

Funny how you never made these threads when Strong was the coach. In fact after some spare win, you made a thread called "Hire Charlie Strong" and chastised anyone who wanted him and gone and thought the program was in a bad place. Hmmmm wonder why?

Edited by Vic Mackey
  • Like 3

"We review...
all the fears and anxiety
...which are so
inherently symptomatic...
...of a losing team.
The mind is a strange thing, men.
We must begin by asking it...
..."What is losing?"

Losing is a disease...
...as contagious as polio.
Losing is a disease...
...as contagious as syphilis.
Losing is a disease...
...as contagious as bubonic plague...
... attacking one... 
... but infecting all. 
Ah, but curable.

Now, I want you to imagine...
...you are on a ship at sea...
...on a vast...
...calm ocean...
...gently rocking.
Gently rocking.
Gently rocking.
Gently rocking."

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chad said:

Texas is 2-6 vs TCU in the Big 12.

Texas is 3-7 vs Okie St this decade

Texas is 3-8 vs OU this decade.

Texas is exactly .500 against WVU in the Big 12.

Texas along with Rutgers are the only P5 teams that Maryland has defeated twice in the last five years.

Dumpster fire indeed. What the fuck did we do to anger the football gods?

dumpster-fire.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w

Well when you put it like that

14 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Funny how you never made these threads when Strong was the coach. In fact after some spare win, you made a thread called "Hire Charlie Strong" and chastised anyone who wanted him and gone and thought the program was in a bad place. Hmmmm wonder why?

I was reading this thread thinking that we didn't reach this level of anger with Charlie until after the Kansas loss in year 3, and even then a lot of people were more weepy than mad.

This is like Mack level hate, and we're 5-3. Not where we want to be, but not near Charlie/Mack level suck either.