this program is an absolute fucking dumpster fire

BigOrange1

1 hour ago, taybo20 said:

Nothing is that great about the program. This is year 3 and we are worse than last year. The defense has gotten worse every year. The offense shows no creativity or ability to actually attack the weakness of a defense.

this team and coaching staff acts like being competitive and practicing and lifting really really hard is gonna Amal’s the difference on game day. News flash, every program does that shit. I just think about the ludicrous personnel decisions on both sides of the ball and the playcalling. It’s not working 

Perhaps we're overreacting.  Didn't you see Brewer get helped off the field and not return?  Can we really expect this team to beat TCU without its starting tight end?

1 minute ago, Beau Vine said:

Perhaps we're overreacting.  Didn't you see Brewer get helped off the field and not return?  Can we really expect this team to beat TCU without its starting tight end?

Maybe Tommy should have recruited a TE worth a shit. Instead he recruited a large slow skinny WR. 

6 minutes ago, Disco Missile said:

I was reading this thread thinking that we didn't reach this level of anger with Charlie until after the Kansas loss in year 3, and even then a lot of people were more weepy than mad.

This is like Mack level hate, and we're 5-3. Not where we want to be, but not near Charlie/Mack level suck either.

It’s been repeated ad nauseum but Charlie was at least likable despite being a horrible head coach.

Tom Herman is arrogant and condescending. He hired a known shitty OC (who he demoted within 18 months but won’t admit publicly) and said that he knows a lot more than “Joe Football Fan”. Well guess what asshole, the fans knew more than you in this case. We also know that you need to fire your DC. But due to having only 4 total defensive coaches on staff you may not be able to.

Genius, this guy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Disco Missile said:

I was reading this thread thinking that we didn't reach this level of anger with Charlie until after the Kansas loss in year 3, and even then a lot of people were more weepy than mad.

This is like Mack level hate, and we're 5-3. Not where we want to be, but not near Charlie/Mack level suck either.

It’s been repeated ad nauseum but Charlie was at least likable despite being a horrible head coach.

Tom Herman is arrogant and condescending. He hired a known shitty OC (who he demoted within 18 months but won’t admit publicly) and said that he knows a lot more than “Joe Football Fan”. Well guess what asshole, the fans knew more than you in this case. We also know that you need to fire your DC. But due to having only 4 total defensive coaches on staff you may not be able to.

Genius, this guy.

The most disheartening thing to me is how there isn't one position group that has gotten better this year.

Herb Hand is some purported offensive line guru, but the offensive line has been bad all month long.

the running back room is cursed, but Ingram is getting out played by a freshman quarterback

Duvernay and CJ are good, but the rest of the receivers are inconsistent

the defensive line is a disaster

the linebackers are a disaster

the secondary is a disaster

The special teams units are horrible as well

there isn't a coach on the staff earning their paycheck

• Like 1

Line was “fixed” by going fast. Had to slow down the simplified offense to stop the defense from looking so bad, and that allowed everyone to expose the offensive play calling issues as well.

Now that we slowed down the offense looks bad too. At least out defense can prevent the refs from making a play.

2 hours ago, Disco Missile said:

TCU was possibly our easiest opponent left on the schedule. 

7-5, 6-6 is where we're trending.

4 hours ago, clapclapclap said:

We're thin from injuries and inexperience.  1 more year for Tom, but no more excuses, time to take the next step in 2020.  Lose 4 next year and we should probably upgrade. 

But if Rhule finishes this year strong and looks like he'll be nabbed by a blue blood, get in a bidding war for him.

Nah, fuck anything that has ever come from or will come from Baylor. Fuck that place. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, mdmost said:

Under Charlie, we were a dumpster fire with few wins. Under Herman, we’re a dumpster fire with more wins. Still a dumpster fire but with more wins. Does anyone feel we’re headed up? This feels like Michigan under Rich Rod.

Are the additional wins attributed to Tom or Sam?

Without Sam we lose to Kansas.

4 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

If you don't understand how improtant the TE is to this offense, that's you're problem.  

The problem is the TE doesn’t play on defense. Not to mention the fact that it’s the coaching staffs responsibility have a competent TE backup.  Regardless of all that, you lost to TCU looking like shit

13 hours ago, Chad said:

Texas is 2-6 vs TCU in the Big 12.

Texas is 3-7 vs Okie St this decade

Texas is 3-8 vs OU this decade.

Texas is exactly .500 against WVU in the Big 12.

Texas along with Rutgers are the only P5 teams that Maryland has defeated twice in the last five years.

Oh yeah, forgot about the loss to KU several years ago.....not talking about hoops either.

Dumpster fire indeed. What the fuck did we do to anger the football gods?

dumpster-fire.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w

Shouldn’t have talked all that shit about his favored son Tebow for starters. 

Looking back,  I don't understand the love for Herman.  Yeah, we had a hard-on for him after he beat OU as the UH head coach.  But looking beyond that one game, he is pretty mediocre.  Look at some the games he lost at UH.  Total head scratchers.  The dude is an arrogant prick who is in over his head with a true blue blood program.  He just looks lost after games.  I'm so sick and tired of his pressers after a loss.  You know is first sentence will be "Not the outcome we expected or prepared for"  I'm sorry, I've heard that sentence far too many times.  This University deserves better.  

1 minute ago, blackflag said:

Looking back,  I don't understand the love for Herman.  Yeah, we had a hard-on for him after he beat OU as the UH head coach.  But looking beyond that one game, he is pretty mediocre.  Look at some the games he lost at UH.  Total head scratchers.  The dude is an arrogant prick who is in over his head with a true blue blood program.  He just looks lost after games.  I'm so sick and tired of his pressers after a loss.  You know is first sentence will be "Not the outcome we expected or prepared for"  I'm sorry, I've heard that sentence far too many times.  This University deserves better.  

The program is undoubtedly better than it was under that total clown Strong but goddammit some of the things happening right now are real head-scratchers. We should be seeing better results. Period. End of story. I just do not really know where we turn if we move on from Herman (which won't happen until the end of next season at the earliest). I pray he's forced to fire Orlando if he can't find it within himself to make the change on his own. Would love to see other dead weight cut loose too.

3 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

What sucks is this nagging feeling that Baylor made the right hire and we didn't.

I don’t even know that it’s a nagging feeling. It’s pretty fucking clear Matt rhule is a better head coach than Herman. He just is. Baylor was on the fast track to being a dumpster fire, and look at them. 

16 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

We will lose out. TCU was the worst team we had left. 

Hmmm. We have beaten you 6 -2 since we joined the Big 12. Maybe you should not look at us as your "worst team ... left."  Even when we're shitty, like this year, we usually beat you. BTW, in the same time period, OU has only beaten you 5-3. 

• Fuck You 5

3 minutes ago, FrogFan said:

Hmmm. We have beaten you 6 -2 since we joined the Big 12. Maybe you should not look at us as your "worst team ... left."  Even when we're shitty, like this year, we usually beat you. BTW, in the same time period, OU has only beaten you 5-3. 

What people are saying is that this is one of the weaker teams TCU has fielded in those eight meetings. Congratulations on joining the conference while Texas was sliding into the abyss. The Frogs have most been good to very good while Texas hasn't been very good at all until last season. Appears we might be regressing again.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, C-Man said:

The program is undoubtedly better than it was under that total clown Strong but goddammit some of the things happening right now are real head-scratchers. We should be seeing better results. Period. End of story. I just do not really know where we turn if we move on from Herman (which won't happen until the end of next season at the earliest). I pray he's forced to fire Orlando if he can't find it within himself to make the change on his own. Would love to see other dead weight cut loose too.

we will never know, but if he is forced to fire Orlando and doesn't do it because he believes it needs to be done the train will get rolling faster...

Look, I get the injury excuse with the secondary, where it's valid.

But if having a tight end or not is the difference between winning or losing against a 3-3 team, we are a fucking joke.

Brewer has 10 catches in 6 games.  GTFOH.

Edited by TexArcher